Jurgen Klopp Sack Watch

Aloysius's Back 3

The guy still has Milner and Henderson as his midfielders & has done super well to get them playing in a super industrious way.

Just because they lose to a team which technical ability that has been stable for 10+ years doesn't change the fact that Klopp has done wonders at Liverpool.

Even when Klopp leaves - I'm sure Liverpool will remain a big team in the future after Klopps work - much like how dortmund came out the shadows to come back and relatively remain as a top club. Klopp is good for Liverpool long term.

Member 90887

The guy still has Milner and Henderson as his midfielders & has done super well to get them playing in a super industrious way.

Just because they lose to a team which technical ability that has been stable for 10+ years doesn't change the fact that Klopp has done wonders at Liverpool.

Even when Klopp leaves - I'm sure Liverpool will remain a big team in the future after Klopps work - much like how dortmund came out the shadows to come back and relatively remain as a top club. Klopp is good for Liverpool long term.
What if he still have Milner and Henderson? How is that a positive for him? He bought keita for 65 millions, he bought winnaldjum, he bought Fabinho...

Member 90887

That's the thing isn't it, they will make excuses for his failures. Whilst other managers, those who have spent significantly less than him in the transfer market, are not quite so lucky.

Take Ole, for example, the guy has only been in charge a matter of months and already half the forum have proclaimed him a failure, and this is without him spending a single penny in the transfer market.

It's frustrating.
I second that. Absolutely crazy stuff being spouted out here these last few weeks.

People don't understand that managers need time to implement their ways in the team.

I think it's mainly because most fans here got used to winning when SAF. They got disconnect a little from th reality of the game and how difficult it is to build a team and get it right.

Eric7C

If Klopp is a failure I'd happily take such failure at United.
You are fine with winning nothing? Our standards were set by Ferguson; crossing the line is as important as reaching them. Irrespective of our current predicament, that will always be the standard for United.

Aloysius's Back 3

What if he still have Milner and Henderson? How is that a positive for him? He bought keita for 65 millions, he bought winnaldjum, he bought Fabinho...
And all of his signings have been excellent except one. He has the ability to make this squad even stronger. He didn't turn an already top team to a better team - he turned a ex giant club that has been rubbish for years to a good club near the top. Much like he did at dortmund.

wr8_utd

:'(
You are fine with winning nothing? Our standards were set by Ferguson; crossing the line is as important as reaching them. Irrespective of our current predicament, that will always be the standard for United.
I doubt even Fergie would be able to beat the current version of City. Among the managers around right now, I'd happily take Klopp. Yeah we might not win the trophies but we'll finally play fantastic stuff and be back to challenging for trophies.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
He's the best manager in terms of making his teams punch above their weight. Show me one coach who can make a team consisting of players such as Matip, Milner, Wijnaldum and Henderson play football on eye level for large parts of the match in the Camp Nou. If he really has already spent more than 500 million, it is more of a testament to how bad the squad was he took over. Barca's players are simply better and so are City's and PSG's. Yet Liverpool is still considered to be in the same tier and that's solely because of Klopp.

purgethefallen

Liverpool were the better team today. Should have had at least 2 goals today (Milner and Salah).

Poor finishing cost them and sometimes their final ball was poor.
For 20 minutes or so, but Barca should have won 6-2, they created far more chances than Liverpool. Think Klopp got his selection and tactics wrong.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
He’s a babbling homeless looking weirdo but a great manager — that’s undeniable.

Canagel

There is a very real possibility of Klopp being charge of Liverpool for 4 seasons without claiming a single trophy during that period, having spent north of £500 million on transfers.

If Liverpool fails to win the league, would it be fair to call him a failure?

If not, at what point would it be fair to do so?
Not. Failure is harsh. City man for man still has stronger players and again is going toe to toe with a far more technical players like barcelona midfield and playing it like an equal. What manager has a right to win trophies facing this opposition? There will be lots of failures otherwise. PSG had spent how much money and did they even get to the semi final yet? They had even lost the French cup recently. He had still put up an excellent season all concerned

haram

Thought he got his tactics spot on today. Pool played well and really should have scored at least one. Still one of the best managers in Europe.
Not sure what they really gained from playing Gomez to be honest.

Zlaatan

Parody Account
He's the best manager in terms of making his teams punch above their weight. Show me one coach who can make a team consisting of players such as Matip, Milner, Wijnaldum and Henderson play football on eye level for large parts of the match in the Camp Nou. If he really has already spent more than 500 million, it is more of a testament to how bad the squad was he took over. Barca's players are simply better and so are City's and PSG's. Yet Liverpool is still considered to be in the same tier and that's solely because of Klopp.
This. It's so easy to laugh at him and Liverpool for not getting over that final hurdle but how anyone can look at what he's done over the last few years and call him anything close to a failure is beyond me. If a Liverpool supporter would have come on here when Klopp signed and said that they were going to have a 95+ point season, play a CL final one year and the next be favorites in a CL-semi with Barca if they came away with a 0-1 loss away from home, all within 4 years he would have been laughed out of the forum and probably been banned for wumming.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Yeah probably tips it over with Benteke, Clyne & Firmino.

I think he’s actual figure is somewhere between £300-£400 million.
If you ask transfermarkt it's £398.65 million so you are correct in your estimate. Benteke, Clyne and Firmino wouldn't tip it over, close, but with all of Brendan's 2015 summer signings it's over £500m.

Bojan11

Don’t get the mocking.

None of you learn a thing. The tie or premier league isn’t over. If Roma can beat Barca 3-0 then this Liverpool team is capable of doing it too. Obviously Barca will be more wary but all it takes is one early goal to make them nervous.

I’d save the mocking for when they actually haven’t won anything.

Eric7C

I doubt even Fergie would be able to beat the current version of City. Among the managers around right now, I'd happily take Klopp. Yeah we might not win the trophies but we'll finally play fantastic stuff and be back to challenging for trophies.
The same was thought when Chelsea were strolling the league 04-06, putting up records of points, goals conceded etc. Fergie rose to the challenge and United were champions again for three years in a row. I think eventually he would have beaten Pep too (what a pity we never got to see them go at titles at the same time!).

Regarding Klopp, there's no question that he is a very good manager. But one of the very best? Not sure.

iKnowNothing

I understand the general hate towards Liverpool but until we get our house in order and we beat them to the league or the CL, I'd preferably tone down on the mocking.

Suedesi

This guy needs to SHUT THE feck UP. Already complaining about Suarez goal for offside, the fecking lunatic.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I understand the general hate towards Liverpool but until we get our house in order and we beat them to the league or the CL, I'd preferably tone down on the mocking.
Not really. If they miss out on both the big trophies this season it's going to be hilarious given they're close to winning both. We know we're shit. But if they don't win stuff when they are actually excellent and nearly there, then that's as good a reason as any to mock.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
It's unlikely City will take their eyes off the prize next season like they did over Christmas this year and highly unlikely Liverpool will get quite as much luck so there's a strong chance we'll be talking about 5 years and no cups. Would another "massive" club take that?
The thing is, he's taken them from mid table to top 4 (lots of 6th, 7th 8th aside from Slippy year). With the much better football to boot, I think he's bought a stay until they look like they're getting worse. That's when people they'll turn on him properly.

amolbhatia50k

He's done a brilliant job to take them from a top 6 team to challenging for both the PL and CL. I'd gladly take that at United.

However it would be absolutely brilliant and rather amusing if after making the progress they have over the last 3 seasons, they still end up trophyless.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
If Klopp is a failure I'd happily take such failure at United.
Yeah me too. Possibly 97 points in the league and performing extremely well in Europe over the course of two seasons, they have shown massive improvement since he came.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Not really. If they miss out on both the big trophies this season it's going to be hilarious given they're close to winning both. We know we're shit. But if they don't win stuff when they are actually excellent and nearly there, then that's as good a reason as any to mock.
Indeed, them getting 97 points to finish second and performing this well in CL only to lose that game last night 3-0 is quite nice.

Kapardin

Indeed, them getting 97 points to finish second and performing this well in CL only to lose that game last night 3-0 is quite nice.
I can bet that if we were at the peak of our powers and were hitting 97 points, we wouldn't be losing any titles.

Liverpool have bottled 3 games this season that really mattered - against City, United and Everton in the league. Maybe that reflects their inability to cope with high stakes (title race + added pressure of rivalry with all 3, even City to an extent now), because with their squad and form, they should have won easily atleast the latter 2.

If Barca finish the job in the return leg, that will be 4 of the most important games where they didn't do well.

SER19

He's clearly not a failure. Fail to win anything soon and he might well be. Improvements or not, nice football or not, big trophies are what counts

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Whilst it'll be incredibly funny that if he didn't won the PL even after getting 97 points but still doesn't change the fact that he's a world class who's done an excellent job throughout the season.

Abhinav

Grudgingly, have to admit that Klopp has done a fantastic job at Liverpool. Its ironical that so far we are being spared the pain of watching Liverpool winning trophies due to the dominance of one of our other bitter rivals. We have to really get our act together and start being a competent force again, else Liverpool will start racking up the trophies and we will have to watch helplessly. Pep is already in his third season and I can’t see him staying beyond the next one, where as Klopp is going to stay there till he establishes a Legacy at Pool.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Don’t get the mocking.

None of you learn a thing. The tie or premier league isn’t over. If Roma can beat Barca 3-0 then this Liverpool team is capable of doing it too. Obviously Barca will be more wary but all it takes is one early goal to make them nervous.

I’d save the mocking for when they actually haven’t won anything.
This. The league is still very finely poised.
This tie less so, but i think we'd all have been happier if dembele hadn't horribly fluffed it late on

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
He's done great at Liverpool but He's that type of personality who just fits the club. His philosophy, his antics, etc. I don't understand the people who want him here at Utd. I doubt He'll do as well here.

If He fails to win anything again, next season will be tough. Real Madrid will come sniffing at their players and it's hard to imagine if this is not their peak under Klopp.

When you're at your best and you still win feck all...

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
He's clearly not a failure. Fail to win anything soon and he might well be. Improvements or not, nice football or not, big trophies are what counts
After this season they can't blag through on plucky underdogs or stay under the radar.
Teams will start to plan accordingly for them and they'll need to step up again.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
Thought he came off very well during it. I’d have been completely head gone if I was manager. They were pretty unlucky to lose really, let alone by 3. Usually end up hating him more after every interview.
Yeah must admit I was expecting an excuse-laden meltdown. Shows how brilliant Messi is....even Klopp just held his hands up and said, “meh, what can you do”

beedoubleyou

I'd swap Mourinho's two lower tier throphies to be as good as Liverpool are.

Klopp is a bellend, but he's done an amazing job and I look forward to Ole doing the same.

I'll still laugh if they win nothing, but where Mourinho left United compared to what Klopp is doing with Liverpool is damning for the malcontent Portuguese.

amolbhatia50k

I mean, how depressing to have to feel terrible about our situation and also not be able to laugh at others in the footballing world, especially rivals. Sometimes we're too conscious as fans.

Ban

I see let's not laugh at him cause United are crap brigade is out in force.
Great coach of course but I'll still laugh when he wins nothing again.
Hopefully. :nervous:

GuybrushThreepwood

Supports
Blackburn Rovers
Trophies shouldn't be the only barometer of success, and Klopp has improved Liverpool considerably, and I'm sure the fans have enjoyed the team's style of play.

We know that on the previous occasions that they finished 2nd in the Premier League (2002, 2009 and 2014), they then failed to finish in the top 4 in the following seasons. However this time if they do miss out on the title, I think they will avoid such a steep drop off and challenge for the title again next season.

Saying that it would be weird if they he still hasn't won a trophy with Liverpool by the end of this season. He was in charge for at least two thirds of the 2015/2016 season, so I think under that scenario he would have gone longer without winning a trophy than any Liverpool manager since the 1950s.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
To be fair blaming him for potentially losing the title race to City in that fashion is like saying that we were a poor team in 2009 and 2011. He has done an absolutely outstanding job, which makes it even funnier that he hadn't actually won a thing.

SER19

After this season they can't blag through on plucky underdogs or stay under the radar.
Teams will start to plan accordingly for them and they'll need to step up again.
Ya and another big window. If teams exist in cycles Liverpool need to ensure they maximise the very best of their front three while it's going well for them. Clock is ticking

Zexstream

Anti-anti-racist
I think Liverpool can overturn Barcelona yet,

Anfield is a tough ground, Liverpool are a good team.

When Barca played us at OT they were nothing special. An early goal for Liverpool would change everything.

If we can comeback to beat PSG, Liverpool can come back from 3 nil.

Dont write them off yet, lets hope they dont do it, but if any team is masters of come backs in Europe its them.