Justin Kluivert

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Seen him a lot?

He's looked good when i have seen him.
He’s talented, but it’s a lot of flash and little result so far. Also the Eredivisie is very poor and even there he’s still very in inconsistent. Maybe in 2/3 years, but United shouldnt go near him yet.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Only Ajax player worth considering is Frenkie de Jong

Charles Miller

He’s talented, but it’s a lot of flash and little result so far. Also the Eredivisie is very poor and even there he’s still very in inconsistent. Maybe in 2/3 years, but United shouldnt go near him yet.
Off topic, how is David Neres doing?
I could watch only two Ajax games this season.
Some Dutch fan told he was doing ok some months ago.
I saw he's got good stats, but hes playing well?

Ajaxsuarez

Supports
Ajax
Kluivert had a decent match today. very threatening moments throughout the game but his final ball was poor. crossing was consistently bad.

Off topic, how is David Neres doing?
I could watch only two Ajax games this season.
Some Dutch fan told he was doing ok some months ago.
I saw he's got good stats, but hes playing well?
Most in-form player in the dutch league. Incredible decision making for a winger. great first touch and immediately pass and moves or takes on his man. dribbling is obviously his best trait though I'd say that hasn't been leading too huge amounts of danger these past matches, but his contribution to the team game is very significant regardless

His stats are obviously incredibly, with now 7 goals and 10 assists in ~1099 minutes in the league this season, or a goal/assist every ~60 minutes on average (and consistently spread over every game he plays, not just bursts the way you might expect from a young winger).

Really really very good, and on top of that at least two or so moments of brilliant trickery every game as well

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Nouri, though in a different way. Frenkie is incredibly elegant and obviously a very talented footballer, but Appie had that extra bit of special
Nouri did have great vision, technique and ofher things, but I think the tradegy that befall him has made the praise a bit over the top. He is talented, but he hadnt broken in to the first squad at 20 years old, which at Ajax does say something. That we will never see where he wouldve ended up is very sad though. Such a sweet kid.

@Charles Miller Neres needed some time to find his feet, but is clearly very talented and his goals/assist tally is very good.

Ajaxsuarez

Supports
Ajax
Nouri did have great vision, technique and ofher things, but I think the tradegy that befall him has made the praise a bit over the top. He is talented, but he hadnt broken in to the first squad at 20 years old, which at Ajax does say something. That we will never see where he wouldve ended up is very sad though. Such a sweet kid.

@Charles Miller Neres needed some time to find his feet, but is clearly very talented and his goals/assist tally is very good.
I know it's Barca, but Iniesta hadn't broken into the starting xi at 20 either. Nouri had Ziyech ahead of him and used his time to be the best player in the first division instead.

I personally was raving about Appie from about 12, and so were most Ajax fans who followed the academy. Literally the one name you'd follow every year. I even mentioned him on here back in 2011 or 2012. He was genuinely a magical player from a very very young age. Yes he hadn't broken through yet, but it's not uncommon that players with a physical disadvantage only break through at a later age.

Also I don't get your point when all I was doing was comparing him to Frenkie de Jong, and De Jong himself is only breaking into the starting XI at 20.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
I know it's Barca, but Iniesta hadn't broken into the starting xi at 20 either. Nouri had Ziyech ahead of him and used his time to be the best player in the first division instead.

I personally was raving about Appie from about 12, and so were most Ajax fans who followed the academy. Literally the one name you'd follow every year. I even mentioned him on here back in 2011 or 2012. He was genuinely a magical player from a very very young age. Yes he hadn't broken through yet, but it's not uncommon that players with a physical disadvantage only break through at a later age.

Also I don't get your point when all I was doing was comparing him to Frenkie de Jong, and De Jong himself is only breaking into the starting XI at 20.
Didnt realize De Jong is 20 already, my bad then. :)

ryadmahrez

Obviously Nouri was rated higher than De Jong by Ajax fans(and others), he was with them from age 8(?). He was very much one of their own and by playing for the Ajax youth system you are more prone to exposure. De Jong on the other hand played till age 18 at a small club and was until he played a minute for Ajax unknown to the whole country. De Jong had to fight himself up more. Van de Beek another Ajax talent was also rated higher than de Jong coming up and I think Frenkie is the far more talented player compared to him. So it doesn't say much.

Nouri was rated higher, but it is difficult to say who was the more talented player imo.

Ajaxsuarez

Supports
Ajax
Obviously Nouri was rated higher than De Jong by Ajax fans(and others), he was with them from age 8(?). He was very much one of their own and by playing for the Ajax youth system you are more prone to exposure. De Jong on the other hand played till age 18 at a small club and was until he played a minute for Ajax unknown to the whole country. De Jong had to fight himself up more. Van de Beek another Ajax talent was also rated higher than de Jong coming up and I think Frenkie is the far more talented player compared to him. So it doesn't say much.

Nouri was rated higher, but it is difficult to say who was the more talented player imo.
They played in the same team in the first division last year and Nouri won player of the season in the league, voted by outsiders to the club. De Jong won talent of the season.

DannyCAFC

Supports
Charlton Athletic

Kid has a brilliant shot on him, curlers, howitzers.. he can do it all. Very reminscent of Eden Hazard in terms of style, but funnily enough his dribbling though was less impressive on the left (at the moment). He's more explosive on the right when running with the ball, but end product wise, will probably be better off developing down the left.
Looks really similar to Depay IMO from this video. The fancy, casual first touches, the rolling over the ball whilst he's dribbling, the stepovers, the constant cutting inside, even the same sort of running style.

Shooting looks great though, but I seem to remember even Depay scoring some crackers in the Eredivisie.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Already a better dribbler than depay

Ajaxsuarez

Supports
Ajax
Looks really similar to Depay IMO from this video. The fancy, casual first touches, the rolling over the ball whilst he's dribbling, the stepovers, the constant cutting inside, even the same sort of running style.

Shooting looks great though, but I seem to remember even Depay scoring some crackers in the Eredivisie.
Kluivert's biggest asset is his nimbleness and the speed at which he can turn on the spot/change direction+pace. Which is exactly what Depay lacks

also

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Exactly. Justin has the explosive first step and lateral mobility that makes him a good dribbler, period. Depay never had it, which is why he needs to rely more on trickery. Except he's not very good with that either...

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
For years I've been wondering why United didn't sign certain players before they go to a club like Fulham (Saha) and Spurs (Carrick, Berbatov) but the failure of Memphis has changed my view on that somewhat.

Sometimes it's just a step up too far at too early a time. Maybe Memphis would've been a top player if he'd gone to a smaller club in a big league first.

Ajaxsuarez

Supports
Ajax

Neres on the other wing though...

6 goals and 10 assists now in the 10 league games since Neres was made a starter

as I'm typing this, Neres scored. 7 goals and 10 assists in 10 games.

8 goals, 11 assists in 1270 league minutes this season for Neres. bizarre

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Neres just scored aswell although he was offside. No VAR in the dutch league yet?

What's happened to Younes, he really impressed me in the europa league run.

Sjaakmeoff

Neres just scored aswell although he was offside. No VAR in the dutch league yet?

What's happened to Younes, he really impressed me in the europa league run.
Nope, no VAR. Compensation for the penalty he should have got ;)

Younes played well in the EL but never really impressed. He's been injured for a while now and will probably leave in the winterbreak.

Charles Miller

Just having some fun folks:
De Gea
Valencia M. de Ligt Bailly Arana
Arthur Pogba
David Neres Martial Kluivert
Rashford​

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Kluivert looks a great finisher but that Neres really impressed me, so fun to watch also!

I imagine Redcafe would hate him though, loses the ball too much :rolleyes:

Charles Miller

Kluivert looks a great finisher but that Neres really impressed me, so fun to watch also!

I imagine Redcafe would hate him though, loses the ball too much :rolleyes:
Exactly.
Brazilian attacking players tend to have bad stats of pass and possession because in the Brazilian football culture you are rewarded when you try individual actions in tough situations.
Rivaldo was an perfect example.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Exactly.
Brazilian attacking players tend to have bad stats of pass and possession because in the Brazilian football culture you are rewarded when you try individual actions in tough situations.
Yeah it's a shame, I personally like players that try a dangerous pass/action rather than playing safe.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Holland going to start calling him up or is it too soon for him and his generation?

Think I'm going to weep if their next squad still has Snejider, Quincy Promes and Janssen all still in it. :lol:

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Exactly.
But Rivaldo never lost the ball...

marcalazans

Just having some fun folks:
De Gea
Valencia M. de Ligt Bailly Arana
Arthur Pogba
David Neres Martial Kluivert
Rashford​
I am Brazilian but you are so biased pro-Brazilian. Lets see if Arana can prove himself in Sevilla, or if Neres can become consistent before throwing them in the shark tank in United. Arthur just tore his ligaments and the Barcelona move is a huge step I'm not sure he is currently on the level to fulfill.

Last edited by a moderator:

Crashoutcassius

For years I've been wondering why United didn't sign certain players before they go to a club like Fulham (Saha) and Spurs (Carrick, Berbatov) but the failure of Memphis has changed my view on that somewhat.

Sometimes it's just a step up too far at too early a time. Maybe Memphis would've been a top player if he'd gone to a smaller club in a big league first.
Spurs signed lamela, they don't all work out