Justin Kluivert

HeckneyNoodo

Back at the start of this millennium I used to chatt with an Icelandic girl who had moved to live in Barcelona with her family and her father was some kind of hot shot. She told me how her family used to come over and eat with Kluiverts family and that the boy (Justin) was so cute. Now he's all grown up it seems. Just wanted to share that little note with you.
Gudjohnsson?

jesperjaap

I remember watching him play, when he was really young, maybe 20 or 21, for The Netherlands, in a crazy team that had Bogarde, De Boer, Blind, Reizeger, Davids, Seedorf, Bergkamp, Overmars, and the other De Boer. He was so, so good. Led the line really, really well. great blend of power and technique. His career fizzled out somewhat, but he was great for a stretch.
The Ajax side that beat Milan is definately one of the best sides I remember, shame they didnt stay together long...VDS, Reizeger, Seedorf, Davids, Kluivert to name a few. Right up there with our great young players and Barcelonas that all came through at once. Yeah feel old too

jesperjaap

David Hirst's kid also an up and coming footballer.

Damn, I feel old.
David Hirst is a bit of a hero. If he had nto have got injured I think we would have signed him and not signed Cantona. How differently things could have gone if that happened?

Sammyjunn

In Smalling's pocket (as every other person)
He's far far far away from moving to United, should first develop into a starter, then to the best winger in the Eredivisie, then go to a club a tier below United and shine there first, and then consider moving to a club like United. However he is a Barcelona fan. But maybe Jose's words have changed his mind a bit.

NYAS

The kid has just scored a delightful hat-trick. I really enjoyed watching him today, absolutely
great entertainment with Dolberg, Ziyech and Neres.

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
The kid has just scored a delightful hat-trick. I really enjoyed watching him today, absolutely
Looks very talented and Jose speaking to him after last game may suggest he’s on our radar.

legolegs

duploarms
Supports
Ajax
Kluivert had a great game but I actually think Dolberg and Ziyech were terrible today.. agree on Neres, he did quite well. Frenkie though.. he's something else. What a player.

Dolf

Amazing how Ajax just keeps getting all these young talented players. Sanchez, Onana, De Ligt, (Frenkie) De Jong, Van De Beek, Dolberg, Neres and Kluivert.

Kluivert scored some nice goals today but we all know how weak the Eredivisie is so he really needs to rip these teams apart week in week out if he wants a shot at PL. Still very young though so could become a great player.

Sammyjunn

Dont think he'll ever become United quality, he has trickery, he is fast and quite ambidextrous, but it really stops there unless his decision making greatly improves the coming years. Would compare him to a less talented Nani.

Frenkie de Jong on the other hand, if he can fix his defensive discipline and positioning, he has the potential to play for Barcelona or Manchester City. Besides Isco the closest player I have seen to Iniesta stylistically. His passing, dribbling, shielding and usage of the ball, awareness of space is a sight to behold. Great player, Ajax biggest talent by a distance imo.

ryadmahrez

Dont think he'll ever become United quality, he has trickery, he is fast and quite ambidextrous, but it really stops there unless his decision making greatly improves the coming years. Would compare him to a less talented Nani.

Frenkie de Jong on the other hand, if he can fix his defensive discipline and positioning, he has the potential to play for Barcelona or Manchester City. Besides Isco the closest player I have seen to Iniesta stylistically. His passing, dribbling, shielding and usage of the ball, awareness of space is a sight to behold. Great player, Ajax biggest talent by a distance imo.
I really like Frenkie de Jong too. He has a really good technique, already the best technique at Ajax perhaps and on top that he is a great dribbler with nice passing. He has something special. Imo he has the potential to be one of the future great creative midfielders in European top football.

Ajaxsuarez

Supports
Ajax

I don't really see Iniesta in him. Nouri was always the Iniesta. Frenkie lacks that bit of magic. Has a lot of the tools but it doesn't quite come together in a completely natural way. One of the most elegant footballers you'll see though, yeah.

Sammyjunn

I don't really see Iniesta in him. Nouri was always the Iniesta. Frenkie lacks that bit of magic. Has a lot of the tools but it doesn't quite come together in a completely natural way. One of the most elegant footballers you'll see though, yeah.
I prefer Frenkie to Nouri to be honest, Frenkie is more effective in his football whilst Nouri was the better dribbler and had more skills in his locker imo. But the twisting and turning the ball in the tightest spaces is something Frenkie is better a I think, it is so hard to get the ball from him as he uses his body so well. Sad thing is that I feel he can only play in a dominant team.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I really like Frenkie de Jong too. He has a really good technique, already the best technique at Ajax perhaps and on top that he is a great dribbler with nice passing. He has something special. Imo he has the potential to be one of the future great creative midfielders in European top football.

Interesting. Neve hear do for this chap before. Would love for us to get one of these incredibly technical players who play central.

Sammyjunn

Interesting. Neve hear do for this chap before. Would love for us to get one of these incredibly technical players who play central.
Keep in mind that if he were to join the PL, with such a higher tempo and more physicallity, he might not be nearly as impressive. Spain or France is best for him I think. A club like Lyon or Sevilla but he'll need to prove himself first.

Asger

No, and I don't think I should bring up their family name as it looked a bit special and there are not so many people living in Iceland (she's back there and I found her right away on Google. Looks great ).
Nonsense! we are about 330K!! :D

Ajaxsuarez

Supports
Ajax
I prefer Frenkie to Nouri to be honest, Frenkie is more effective in his football whilst Nouri was the better dribbler and had more skills in his locker imo. But the twisting and turning the ball in the tightest spaces is something Frenkie is better a I think, it is so hard to get the ball from him as he uses his body so well. Sad thing is that I feel he can only play in a dominant team.
Nouri is (was) the better passer too though. Frenkie's elegance in turning on the ball is beautiful, but really that's the only aspect in which he excels over Nouri.

Just look at Nouri's passing here

or more intensely, but a lot longer:

I'm sure you've seen both those videos plenty of times before, but you just couldn't make a similar video of De Jong. Frenkie has the elegence and ability on the ball but lacks Iniesta's vision for the through ball. Nouri on the other hand had that brilliance in abundance.

Sammyjunn

Nouri is (was) the better passer too though. Frenkie's elegance in turning on the ball is beautiful, but really that's the only aspect in which he excels over Nouri.

I'm sure you've seen both those videos plenty of times before, but you just couldn't make a similar video of De Jong. Frenkie has the elegence and ability on the ball but lacks Iniesta's vision for the through ball. Nouri on the other hand had that brilliance in abundance.
His through balls where indeed better than Frenkie, but I feel that Frenkie has that ability more to let everyone around him play better as he is more dynamic and more about the pass and move. The amount of times he has changed the way his team plays this season already is impressive, he is also a cm opposed to an am which is unfair to compare them. He does it all, from long balls, short passes, carrying the ball, through balls, passes in between the lines, he reminds me of Pogba in possession with more urgency.

Prometheus

Supports
Chelsea
The touch for the third goal was sublime. :drool:

Seriously, I'd pay a ticket to see just for that!

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus

Just having a read through and came across these videos and was thinking this lad looks like an interesting player to keep an eye on. Then I googled him and read what had happened to him :(

Not sure how I missed this or how widely reported it was at the time, but what a damn shame this is. Feel like we've been robbed of what could have been a star. I know he's not going to play again but how is he doing? Couldn't really find any recent updates.

Ajaxsuarez

Supports
Ajax
Just having a read through and came across these videos and was thinking this lad looks like an interesting player to keep an eye on. Then I googled him and read what had happened to him :(

Not sure how I missed this or how widely reported it was at the time, but what a damn shame this is. Feel like we've been robbed of what could have been a star. I know he's not going to play again but how is he doing? Couldn't really find any recent updates.
Yeah Appie was the gem of the Ajax academy for 10 years as well as the gem of Amsterdam as a kid in general. There honestly isn't a kid in the world who deserved to make it in football more than Abdelhak Nouri. He brought so much joy and love to everyone around him while retaining so much humility and outward respect. It was a bit of a national tragedy when it happened partly because he seemingly has about a million players who consider him their best friend. Fosu-Mensah is actually one of those guys who grew up with Appie and who was heartbroken by the news. The only update is that he's been moved to a different care facility but is still in a vegetative state. He won't be waking up, and at this point 'waking up' is a pretty meaningless term in itself anyway.

His through balls where indeed better than Frenkie, but I feel that Frenkie has that ability more to let everyone around him play better as he is more dynamic and more about the pass and move. The amount of times he has changed the way his team plays this season already is impressive, he is also a cm opposed to an am which is unfair to compare them. He does it all, from long balls, short passes, carrying the ball, through balls, passes in between the lines, he reminds me of Pogba in possession with more urgency.
I actually thought of comparing him to Pogba instead of Iniesta in my comment too. But also has some Busquets to him. I agree that Frenkie is more dynamic and can float around the pitch more, but also think that's a bit of a downside, that he floats around the pitch and can sometimes lack a certain presence on the pitch.

Can he play wide right?
Yep, here he is playing on the right vs Nice in the CL qualifiers this summer

That said, I've always wanted him on the left so I'm very happy he's performed this well in his first proper match there. He has a lot of work to do anyway before he thinks about moving, so I hope he and Raiola don't do anything stupid in the next three or four years. Actually signing a new contract would be pretty welcome too.

Reactions: Varun

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
My God, Justin Kluivert's biggest asset is his last name, he is not and never will be United material. He made some nice goals yesterday against a side that wouldn't stand out in most amateur leagues. Typical youtube superstar. He would make Memphis look like Maradona

If he ever wears a United shirt (not one bought at a fan shop) I will eat my desk, my chair and my keyboard.

El Pasillo

To be fair, Roda are a relegation fodder. Not exactly an achievement to score against them.

Their full back (Justin's opponent yesterday) is one of the worst players I've seen for them.

Justin ain't not ready for a move to a bigger club yet. He is still very inconsistent and immature in his game.

For now, Justin should just focusing on becoming a starter at Ajax.

Lentwood

That hat trick was top drawer. Everything was done with the pace and precision of a top player.

I am going to go out on a limb and say that this kid will be world class. Don’t need weeks and months of footage to see it, he just oozes ability. Jose sign him up!

Schneckerl

My God, Justin Kluivert's biggest asset is his last name, he is not and never will be United material. He made some nice goals yesterday against a side that wouldn't stand out in most amateur leagues. Typical youtube superstar. He would make Memphis look like Maradona

If he ever wears a United shirt (not one bought at a fan shop) I will eat my desk, my chair and my keyboard.
Is he better than cruyff though?

Ajaxsuarez

Supports
Ajax

Harsh. Too harsh in fact. I'm rather wary of hyping him too much, but I think people using his name against him go too far as well. He wasn't the biggest talent in his generation in the youth, De Ligt always was, and Nunnely was ahead of him as a winger for most of the 13-16 age period. That said, he made some great steps the last two years and he really does have a lot of talent.

He has a few attributes that really could reach (near) world-class: his change of pace and direction is honestly nearly Jesper Olsen level, he has a great touch and a good right foot with which he can cross and shoot. On the ball he has surprising intelligence, and off the ball he tracks back well and keeps moving.

In fact, I'd say it's Frenkie de Jong who gets overhyped more than he does.

But people saying he's top drawer and definitely world class based on three (good) goals against Roda is over the top. I do have difficulty in pinpointing what my reservations are about Kluivert but I definitely do have them. He's a bit of an idiot and I don't think he necessarily has the internal drive to make the most of his talent. But he does also lack the finer level technique, he can dribble well, but does so stupidly. He lacks the finer level close control that a Martial has (and Neres has on the wing opposite him), but has enough of it to be a great player, so I'm really not sure where exactly his big downsides are, or what aspects of his game/talent you think are so blatantly average

Reactions: harms

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Harsh. Too harsh in fact. I'm rather wary of hyping him too much, but I think people using his name against him go too far as well. He wasn't the biggest talent in his generation in the youth, De Ligt always was, and Nunnely was ahead of him as a winger for most of the 13-16 age period. That said, he made some great steps the last two years and he really does have a lot of talent.

He has a few attributes that really could reach (near) world-class: his change of pace and direction is honestly nearly Jesper Olsen level, he has a great touch and a good right foot with which he can cross and shoot. On the ball he has surprising intelligence, and off the ball he tracks back well and keeps moving.

In fact, I'd say it's Frenkie de Jong who gets overhyped more than he does.

But people saying he's top drawer and definitely world class based on three (good) goals against Roda is over the top. I do have difficulty in pinpointing what my reservations are about Kluivert but I definitely do have them. He's a bit of an idiot and I don't think he necessarily has the internal drive to make the most of his talent. But he does also lack the finer level technique, he can dribble well, but does so stupidly. He lacks the finer level close control that a Martial has (and Neres has on the wing opposite him), but has enough of it to be a great player, so I'm really not sure where exactly his big downsides are, or what aspects of his game/talent you think are so blatantly average
Bit of hyperbole, I admit.

De Ligt hs much more potential indeed, I also really like Frenkie de Jong, like some others have mentioned.

Kluivert got a chance because of his name, he ofc has some skill or he wouldnt get playing time for Ajax, but I think he will go the Kishna, El Ghazi, Ebicilio way, to obscurity. Hope he proves me wrong ofc, but Idoubt it.

Ajaxsuarez

Supports
Ajax
Bit of hyperbole, I admit.

De Ligt hs much more potential indeed, I also really like Frenkie de Jong, like some others have mentioned.

Kluivert got a chance because of his name, he ofc has some skill or he wouldnt get playing time for Ajax, but I think he will go the Kishna, El Ghazi, Ebicilio way, to obscurity. Hope he proves me wrong ofc, but Idoubt it.
Kishna has probablu the worst injury history of anyone in professional football. Was out between 15 and 19 for like 3 years with two torn knees. And that's lasted into his adult career: including Jong Ajax he's still only ever completed 8 career matches. Now he's torn his knee again. still had a beautiful technique nonetheless.

Other two were pure mediocrity, and I've always said so; literally celebrated the day El Ghazi left. Kluivert has more talent than any of those bar Kishna, but doesn't have his injury issues

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Kishna from what i've seen on him belongs on youtube rather than a pitch. Circus player, not a real footballer. El Ghazi is sort of a worse version of Kishna

Depay has some actual ability but his problem is he thinks he's the second coming of garrincha. He could be a decent/good player if he accepts that's his talent...

Justin is too young to compare to any of those, but from little i've seen of him his ability looks real, not just a product of rubbish opponents. If his head is good he'll become a good player at least

Ajaxsuarez

Supports
Ajax
Kishna from what i've seen on him belongs on youtube rather than a pitch. Circus player, not a real footballer. El Ghazi is sort of a worse version of Kishna

Depay has some actual ability but his problem is he thinks he's the second coming of garrincha. He could be a decent/good player if he accepts that's his talent...

Justin is too young to compare to any of those, but from little i've seen of him his ability looks real, not just a product of rubbish opponents. If his head is good he'll become a good player at least
Kishna has a lovely left foot and real subtle technique. Kishna had more natural talent than Depay but a body even worse suited to football than Garrincha's. he literally can't even lift his feet anymore when he runs, he just slides them one by one over the grass with his body hunched over the ball until he catches a bit of longer grass and tears his knee

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots

Kid has a brilliant shot on him, curlers, howitzers.. he can do it all. Very reminscent of Eden Hazard in terms of style, but funnily enough his dribbling though was less impressive on the left (at the moment). He's more explosive on the right when running with the ball, but end product wise, will probably be better off developing down the left.