Music Kanye West

ArmchairCritic

You got pets me too mines are dead
I'll be honest I stopped listening to his new album (J.Cole) and Vince Carter'd it into the recycle bin when he started rapping about his first sexual experiences on Wet Dreamz. I really liked Friday Night Lights too, not liked any of his albums. His 'Be Free' performance on Letterman was really nice to be fair to him but he's not for me.

JoaquinJoaquin

I'll be honest I stopped listening to his new album (J.Cole) and Vince Carter'd it into the recycle bin when he started rapping about his first sexual experiences on Wet Dreamz. I really liked Friday Night Lights too, not liked any of his albums. His 'Be Free' performance on Letterman was really nice to be fair to him but he's not for me.
Must admit I wasn't sure what to expect with his new album but aside from the track you mentioned I must admit I like the album. Was much better then the likes of Rick Ross latest album which was a huge let down.

Last edited:

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
J Cole is so meh.
Just to be clear, I didn't think the album was great (and I saw him live too, but he was really underwhelming which was disappointing), but his and Logic's were the only two 2014 hip hop albums that came to mind, and I think they're both better than Yeezus. But as I said that's mainly cos I find Yeezus really shit.

okLaptop1

Supports
Minnesota Vikings
There were actually people who liked Yeezus in a non ironic fashion?
Sure, quite a few too. I don't rate it as highly as I do Graduation, Registration, or Dark Fantasy, but it's still a good album. Better than 808s that's for sure.

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
Yeezus caters to people who like to be different, and we're in an age where everyone wants to be different, hence the 'hipster' bollocks.

So when they hear something so ridiculous like Yeezus they want to be like 'Yep, I get this'.

Genius really. I'd argue with anyone all day long that the majority of people who 'like' Yeezus, don't really like it.

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
he's a knobber and I'd love to punch his stupid smug face.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
I suspect people who are more into alternative/indie rock are likely to be more attracted to Yeezus. Personally I only really got into Kanye from 808's on, his earlier stuff doesn't do much for me at all....

JoaquinJoaquin

I suspect people who are more into alternative/indie rock are likely to be more attracted to Yeezus. Personally I only really got into Kanye from 808's on, his earlier stuff doesn't do much for me at all....
You don't like College Dropout? :eek:

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I actually think Only One is decent. Better than half the shit he served up on Yeezus anyway.

Roman Bellic

Prick
I stopped listening to his new album (J.Cole) and Vince Carter'd it into the recycle bin when he started rapping about his first sexual experiences on Wet Dreamz.
:lol:

That track was weird for me too, forever on skip.
Lmao at the expression in bold.

iBoss

i-ttack the space
Illuminati headquarters, chillin' with Jay Z.
Yeezus caters to people who like to be different, and we're in an age where everyone wants to be different, hence the 'hipster' bollocks.

So when they hear something so ridiculous like Yeezus they want to be like 'Yep, I get this'.

Genius really. I'd argue with anyone all day long that the majority of people who 'like' Yeezus, don't really like it.
It takes 4 or 5 listens tbh. At first I only liked the second half, then the first half grew on me. It's at the perfect length. The screaming I could do without, but it's a decent album imo.

villain

Hates Beyoncé

I love it - you can't argue that.
Yes there are bound to be hipsters who like it just because it's the thing that's "in" or its cool to be seen to be a fan, but you get that with lots of artists.

Been listening to the J.Cole album too, apart from Wet Dreamz, '03 Adolescence & Hello I think it's fantastic. Cole is usually very corny in his rhyming but this album was a lot more more thought through.

iBoss

i-ttack the space
I love it - you can't argue that.
Yes there are bound to be hipsters who like it just because it's the thing that's "in" or its cool to be seen to be a fan, but you get that with lots of artists.

Been listening to the J.Cole album too, apart from Wet Dreamz, '03 Adolescence & Hello I think it's fantastic. Cole is usually very corny in his rhyming but this album was a lot more more thought through.
'03 Adolescence is great.

iBoss

i-ttack the space
Yeah it's not bad, the other two I listed are much worse, but I couldn't listen to it repeatedly like the other songs on the album.
I got, four brothers, one mother that don't love us
If they ain't want us why the feck they never wore rubbers

:(

Gets me every time.

The way he puts across that there is no father presence here, and then refers back to it in No Role Modelz is great.

I actually like every song on the album. Can play it through without skipping.

villain

Hates Beyoncé
I got, four brothers, one mother that don't love us
If they ain't want us why the feck they never wore rubbers

:(

Gets me every time.

I actually like every song on the album. Can play it through without skipping.

Thats the best line, one of the best on the album - he's really speaking for a good proportion of a generation

I'm sure it'll grow on me more, but right now I cant stop listening to Jan 28th, St Tropez, GOMD, No Role Modelz & Apparently.
Pretty much the whole album, it's brilliant

I paid for it without listening to a leaked version too, gamble definitely paid off, last album I did that on was K. Dot.

Speaking of, his album should be out soon? Hopefully

iBoss

i-ttack the space
Thats the best line, one of the best on the album - he's really speaking for a good proportion of a generation

I'm sure it'll grow on me more, but right now I cant stop listening to Jan 28th, St Tropez, GOMD, No Role Modelz & Apparently.
Pretty much the whole album, it's brilliant

I paid for it without listening to a leaked version too, gamble definitely paid off, last album I did that on was K. Dot.

Speaking of, his album should be out soon? Hopefully
This guy has had me waiting for two years he better hurry up :rolleyes:

villain

Hates Beyoncé
This guy has had me waiting for two years he better hurry up :rolleyes:
Going by what he's released so far, I reckon it's going to be a different sound to what people are expecting.
I'm thinking he'll incorporate more instruments and elements like singing to build up the sound.

And i'm hoping it's good.

roseguy64

Even more anticipating Cole and Kendrick's album together. Watch The Throne was good but I expect these two to give us something better. If they do, it'll cement them.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He's probably still on the album.

JoaquinJoaquin

Anyone else watching the Yeezy Season video on Tidal today? It's free for non-Tidal subscribers according to their Twitter.

Nuts

Chuck him and the rest of the Kartrashians in a trash compactor.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Chuck him and the rest of the Kartrashians in a trash compactor.
I don't think they're comparable whatsoever. Kanye may have his detractors but over his career he's made some genuinely good music IMO, the Kardashians have done absolutely nothing worthy in any respect of the word.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
I don't think they're comparable whatsoever. Kanye may have his detractors but over his career he's made some genuinely good music IMO, the Kardashians have done absolutely nothing worthy in any respect of the word.
The fact they get rich for doing nothing gets my respect, I wish I could make money that easily.