g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Kieran Tierney

Andersons Dietician

Was looking for the trainspotting scene but this will do.

Pick at oot, ya beauty!!

Anyway on Tierney, don’t think his attacking influence has been as good as last year and I’m not sure i’d Rate him over Luke Shaw, but we need someone at LB and if Shaw isn’t going to get the games then he seems as good a choice as any without going to extreme cash levels.

jesperjaap

Pick at oot, ya beauty!!

Anyway on Tierney, don’t think his attacking influence has been as good as last year and I’m not sure i’d Rate him over Luke Shaw, but we need someone at LB and if Shaw isn’t going to get the games then he seems as good a choice as any without going to extreme cash levels.
Crying shame how Shaws career has gone with us but I think it may be time to change. Personally on what I have seen I am not sure Tierney is the answer, seems to have the mentality though. I really like Sessegnon....but I think he is going to go the way of Gareth Bale and become an excellent left winger rather than full back....something we dont really need

ROFLUTION

They’re not playing every game though. I’m not sold on bringing Tierney in to play half of our games either.

I think it makes sense to bring in the finished article for LB like Sandro. Maybe Tierney can be backup or we promote a youth player as backup.
Well, that's mostly because they've been competing with each other

Vault Dweller

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020

Pick at oot, ya beauty!!

God Almighty that's one of my favorite goals and cracking scene in Trainspotting too :drool::D

On a side note, I would love us to get Tierney. Would be a very good addition IMO and also be great to see another Scottish player in the ranks.

ti vu

Could be on the move...
Luis Suarez intervened in racial abuse incident :lol: Dembele definitely is gone...

On serious note, Valverde is the one who would get binned. They can't afford to sell their big spending on loss after a season.

EDIT: Request moving the post to the correct thread

Last edited:

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Reliable?
Not really sure - says it came from the Mirror in the article.

£10m seems quite cheap. Suspect Celtic will want to push for more. Tierney really loves the club and so while I think he'll be willing to move on to play at a higher level I don't see him demanding his departure, which I imagine will give Celtic a fairly strong hand.

ti vu

10mil :eek:

Can't be right. He signed 6 years contract less than 6 months ago IIRC

poleglass red

haha 10 million, you can feck right off. If we get him for anywhere near that, that's a steal. 20 -25 million is s steal for this kid, he's that good.

andersj

Nick Powell Expert
No way they let the league's best LB, on a long term contract, leave to the world's most valuable club for £10m.
Virgil van Djik went for £14 mill. Wanayama for £13 mill. You would expect £20 mill, probably more.

whatwha

Sniffs Erricksson’s diarrhea
Virgil van Djik went for £14 mill. Wanayama for £13 mill. You would expect £20 mill, probably more.
Yeah, and those prices were prior to the inflation of the last couple of years. If we can sort our LB position for the next decade by spending £20m, we will have done very well in this market. :)

United Pro

Read the comments and it'll give you an idea of whether £10m is a reasonable fee to get the deal done.

Lougie86

Supports
Partick Thistle
Dunno, that's a hell of an amount of money in Scottish league terms .
While I take your point, as others have said he's got 5 or 6 years on his contract and is still young. Plus the market is crazy and Celtic are in a very stable financial position and have no need to sell.

Double it and I agree, I wouldn't see Celtic turning it down but for £10 million? Not a chance.

Tierney would be a snip at £20 million anyway.

Trizy

£10m would be a bargain of the century if he lives up to the hype.

In today's market, £20m is even a bargain.

Silas

Does this mean we're planning to get him and Sandro? Assuming we do sell Shaw, I think it would be risky if we went into next season with just Tierney, Young and Mitchell. If the prices being quoted are anywhere near being true, we could afford both.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
10m yeah right :lol: With the hype around him, he'll be be 20-30m IMO, though probably split up into future installments and all that. Would be delighted getting him though. Only seen him a few times but the talk about him and him captaining Scotland on occasion at his age just says a lot about him... and tbh, we need to get the best UK talent again for our future. Sessegnon and Tierney would be perfect long term options for that left side, with Rashford and Lingard here as well. Both of those 2 are exactly the players that Fergie would 100% go out and sign. A proper left winger and a really highly rated young scottish fullback who already has a boatloads of experience at both international level and european level? No brainer.

ti vu

Does this mean we're planning to get him and Sandro? Assuming we do sell Shaw, I think it would be risky if we went into next season with just Tierney, Young and Mitchell. If the prices being quoted are anywhere near being true, we could afford both.
I don't think we're looking at Sandro if we're getting Tierney. We look like having to address our righ full back position too. I think Tierney and Ghoulam on free may be the option if we can't afford Alex Sandro

poleglass red

isn't Sandro in this current market valued at around 50 million or so. Tierney would be around 20, I wouldn't want to be blowing around 70 million on the same position considering we need a right back, centre half, centre mid and possibly a right winger. I'd be happy going into next season with Tierney, Young and Mitchell. There seems to be some concern it will take Tierney time to settle, it takes all players time to settle. Pogba's been here 2 seasons and we still haven't got him settled into the team fully. As legitimate as the concern with Tierney is, I don't see it as an issue at all. The biggest issue players have coming to pl is the pace and the intensity. Sure he isn't playing week in week out in a top league, but he''s an international player and has regularly played in group stages of CL.There will be a step in quality, the same as a player signing from Germany, Holland and Portugal would have. This notion that you have to be buy fully developed players that are at their peak, hasn't exactly served us well in recent seasons.Intensity and pace aren't 2 issues that will phase this lad,

Murray3007

No chance he's going for 10m, would imagine will need be double that at least with add ons, very good player although not sure he would add the attacking threat most people are really looking for here.

poleglass red

No chance he's going for 10m, would imagine will need be double that at least with add ons, very good player although not sure he would add the attacking threat most people are really looking for here.
attacking wise, he'll give us exactly what we want and need- width. We have Sanchez and Martial, 2 skillful players, neither offers genuine width, ie, take on last defender and get to byline and whip in a cross. They both like to drift inside. Problem here is Young doesn't have the legs to get up and down, the times he does, he whips in some nice crosses and Lukaku attacks them with relish. Tierney can run for days. Is he going to do Ronaldo step overs etc- no, but he'll attack the full back and get the crosses in.He's very functional, but not flashy if that makes sense.You see the positive impact Roberston is having at Liverpool, I think Tierney is a much better player than he is.For the prices being mentioned ie around 20 mill, absolute steal in this market

Trizy

attacking wise, he'll give us exactly what we want and need- width. We have Sanchez and Martial, 2 skillful players, neither offers genuine width, ie, take on last defender and get to byline and whip in a cross. They both like to drift inside. Problem here is Young doesn't have the legs to get up and down, the times he does, he whips in some nice crosses and Lukaku attacks them with relish. Tierney can run for days. Is he going to do Ronaldo step overs etc- no, but he'll attack the full back and get the crosses in.He's very functional, but not flashy if that makes sense.You see the positive impact Roberston is having at Liverpool, I think Tierney is a much better player than he is.For the prices being mentioned ie around 20 mill, absolute steal in this market
How is his crossing ability?

poleglass red

sam147

How is his crossing ability?
Think the real question should be how are his dribbling skills? Which is pretty poor. We play so narrow and switch the ball slowly at the same time. We see it with Valencia when he gets into space and cant take a man on to put in a cross or just dithers and leaves bruises on opposition players knee caps. What im saying is we need a LB who can beat a man we hardly provide them with the killer pass too get behind the defense to cross and we hardly have them over lapping our wingers. Our tactic seems to be having wingers narrow and fullbacks take it in turns to attack. As good as Tierney might be he should stay there another season till he can prove his attacking prowews. We need instant quality and not any risks. We cant be asking Jose to sign Tierney as a main LB and win the title. Alex Sandro would be the main option at LB. Maybe wait a season and bring in Tierney as his understudy or even Mitchell.