Kieran Tierney

Trizy

Think the real question should be how are his dribbling skills? Which is pretty poor. We play so narrow and switch the ball slowly at the same time. We see it with Valencia when he gets into space and cant take a man on to put in a cross or just dithers and leaves bruises on opposition players knee caps. What im saying is we need a LB who can beat a man we hardly provide them with the killer pass too get behind the defense to cross and we hardly have them over lapping our wingers. Our tactic seems to be having wingers narrow and fullbacks take it in turns to attack. As good as Tierney might be he should stay there another season till he can prove his attacking prowews. We need instant quality and not any risks. We cant be asking Jose to sign Tierney as a main LB and win the title. Alex Sandro would be the main option at LB. Maybe wait a season and bring in Tierney as his understudy or even Mitchell.
Agreed with the dribbling need. Especially Sandro, he's almost as good as Marcelo in that department.

Sanche7

I do feel we are getting two LBs or one experienced LB and one youngster who can play as LB & RB.
Valencia is Mourinho's captain, he trusts him and for Mourinho trust > talent. So I expect Valencia, Young and new LB who can play as RB to be our options in the right next year

If we are signing Sandro and Tierney, that would mean an outlay of 65-70 mill without add ons.
If we manage to sell Shaw, Blind, Darmian for 45 Mill,that would mean a net outlay of about 20 - 25 million,which leaves 125 mill for a CB and 2 CM

Alabaster Codify7

Not sure what to make of him to be honest. He seems good but gun-to-head, do I think he's the quality to take us to the next level?

.....No, I don't, I don't think.

I'd rather we target someone else.

kbbear

Not sure what to make of him to be honest. He seems good but gun-to-head, do I think he's the quality to take us to the next level?

.....No, I don't, I don't think.

I'd rather we target someone else.
I agree. I know its 1 game but i wasn't too impressed with him against Rangers today. Doubt if he can make he jump to Premier League standards.

TinFoil

Just a shame Robertson is at pool. I'd love him at United.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
A lot of the Tartan Army rate him higher than Robertson. Think he should be playing left back and Robertson moved to left wing.

At the moment he's playing left sided CB in a 3-5-2 for them.

ZAGREB RED

A lot of the Tartan Army rate him higher than Robertson. Think he should be playing left back and Robertson moved to left wing.

At the moment he's playing left sided CB in a 3-5-2 for them.
At the start of the season I would have said Tierney was better, but Robertson has improved hugely and established himself in that Liverpool team so is probably ahead now.

Bwuk

I would say Tierney and Robertson are at a similar standard, Robertson has had more of a platform to showcase himself at a better level.

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
Would normally be all for a signing like this, but no matter the talent it is still a gamble, and our FB positions need definite and guaranteed sorting.

Gordon S

Would normally be all for a signing like this, but no matter the talent it is still a gamble, and our FB positions need definite and guaranteed sorting.
Bar a miracle, Liverpool will soon play a CL final with Trent Alexander-Arnold and Andy Robertson as their fullbacks.
Honestly not sure we need established top players to improve, even if they seem like a safer bet.

Deleted member 101472

latest communication between Celtic and Tierney is that he's told them he wants to be part of 10 in a row, and he wants some game time as a central midfielder next season.

IrishRedDevil

Who even gives a shit about 10 tin pot leagues in a row. Anyway, lets focus on the proven top quality Sandro and let this guy stay in Scotland.

Deleted member 101472

Who even gives a shit about 10 tin pot leagues in a row. Anyway, lets focus on the proven top quality Sandro and let this guy stay in Scotland.
every single celtic fan in the world, every current and former player who know all about rangers "domination" in the 90s.

luke511

Gets me a bit mad every time I hear this, buying players that have done it all over players with a high ceiling and everything to prove is turning out to be a failing model for us.

IrishRedDevil

every single celtic fan in the world, every current and former player who know all about rangers "domination" in the 90s.
I supported Celtic when I was younger in the late 90's and early 2000's, but I can realise the league is complete dirt and they are winning titles with zero competition.

Deleted member 101472

I supported Celtic when I was younger in the late 90's and early 2000's, but I can realise the league is complete dirt and they are winning titles with zero competition.
So you’re no longer a fan? Perfect, as you were, glad we got rid of you.

IrishRedDevil

So you’re no longer a fan? Perfect, as you were, glad we got rid of you.
Well I just didn't change religion and start supporting Rangers, so in the sense I'm still a Celtic 'supporter', I just don't see the complete addiction in winning 10 league titles in a row when there was practically zero competition. It would still be a good achievement, but nothing truly amazing. The true fascination about sport is the cut throat rivalry and all the ups and downs that comes with that, not just the easy ups.

Deleted member 101472

Well I just didn't change religion and start supporting Rangers, so in the sense I'm still a Celtic 'supporter', I just don't see the complete addiction in winning 10 league titles in a row when there was practically zero competition. It would still be a good achievement, but nothing truly amazing. The true fascination about sport is the cut throat rivalry and all the ups and downs that comes with that, not just the easy ups.
When something like that happens, and you’re the fan of the club it happens to, you abandon logic and just celebrate the achievement as if it’s the most impressive thing in the world. If the other big 5 clubs all went bankrupt, and united won the next 10 league titles do you think our fans would ever stop rubbing it in? Even though the competition isn’t there, the right to gloat remains. Besides, Celtic are only registered to play in one league in the world, so all they can do is win that league. 10 in a row will be the best part of the clubs history, surpassing the 1967 victory. Yes it’s been an easier path, but the end goal doesn’t change. The chance to say 10 in a row to rangers fans knowing that it would take a minimum decade + 1 year of dominance for them to ever beat it is just too amazing for any real fan not to milk every second of it.

poleglass red

Funny thing is the points difference between 1st n 2nd in the league is higher in pl, france, Germany n Spain than spl.

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Means feck all really considering Rangers weren’t even playing in the same league for around half of those titles.
And that’s Celtic fault? I think not and if you asked most Celtic fans I know they’d love Rangers to go under again. Titles are titles and you can only play who’s in the league. The fact rangers weren’t is their problem and not Celtics or whoever else happened to win the league.

Lawman

When something like that happens, and you’re the fan of the club it happens to, you abandon logic and just celebrate the achievement as if it’s the most impressive thing in the world. If the other big 5 clubs all went bankrupt, and united won the next 10 league titles do you think our fans would ever stop rubbing it in? Even though the competition isn’t there, the right to gloat remains. Besides, Celtic are only registered to play in one league in the world, so all they can do is win that league. 10 in a row will be the best part of the clubs history, surpassing the 1967 victory. Yes it’s been an easier path, but the end goal doesn’t change. The chance to say 10 in a row to rangers fans knowing that it would take a minimum decade + 1 year of dominance for them to ever beat it is just too amazing for any real fan not to milk every second of it.
Was with you to this point. Ten in a row wouldn’t eclipse the 67 for me.

NotATroll

He'd be better off playing for for a midtable PL side. Maybe we could sign him after a year or two of that.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Celtic just won their 7th right?

Lawman

He'd be better off playing for for a midtable PL side. Maybe we could sign him after a year or two of that.
Years ago I’d agree but nowadays is it worth the risk? We should have signed VVD for peanuts (said at the time so not hindsight) problem being he goes to mid table club plays well then suddenly feckin £75m it’s mental nowadays. If we bought Tierney for £20m and he was average then biggest loss what £5-10m and you always have the up side if he’s good.

Lawman

No, but it tarnishes the achievement sadly.
There are just two teams capable of winning the SPL so take one out of the equation for 4 years and well...
I get that totally but that’s not Celtics fault so I don’t think it does tarnish their achievement. They play very nice football and bring through talent, Celtic have their house well in order.

Deleted member 101472

Was with you to this point. Ten in a row wouldn’t eclipse the 67 for me.
I’ve always believed that the successes I’ve been alive for should count for more, but I understand the alternative view

Lawman

Hopefully Robertson’s form for Liverpool helps ease a few doubts on here as in my opinion Tierney is a better player than Robertson.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Hopefully Robertson’s form for Liverpool helps ease a few doubts on here as in my opinion Tierney is a better player than Robertson.
Except he isn't going to cost anything less than 25m

Beaucoup

Like the look of this lad, looks to have a good mentality too. Much prefer a signing like this over Sandro, who doesn’t look anything special in my opinion.