Kieran Tierney

Swift Football

He's from the Isle of Man. Have you got any sweeping generalisations about Manx footballers?

On a more serious note, I assume you have never seen him play, as his technical ability is solid. Kid is good.
No, I have not seen him play. That was just my assumption, generally its true for Scottish players. And no, I do not have any idea about manx footballers. Can you tell me 3 other footballers who are from the Isle of Man if you know.

Andersons Dietician

yes, and where are you from? Scotland?
Yes which is why I can tell you our current issue as a nation is that we currently have a bunch of technical midgets who are quite good on the ball and at working little angles and stuff. What we really could do with is some freak athletes who are over 6ft just to compliment our midgets.

The SFA years ago implemented the Spain and Germany strategy and focused on the development of skill and talent so now we just seem to be producing these technically proficient players. Problem is if you’re over 6ft or of a decent physical size you are more pointed in the direction of Rugby.

Dante

Average bang
Yes which is why I can tell you our current issue as a nation is that we currently have a bunch of technical midgets who are quite good on the ball and at working little angles and stuff. What we really could do with is some freak athletes who are over 6ft just to compliment our midgets.

The SFA years ago implemented the Spain and Germany strategy and focused on the development of skill and talent so now we just seem to be producing these technically proficient players. Problem is if you’re over 6ft or of a decent physical size you are more pointed in the direction of Rugby.
Don't humor him or his bigotry.

Andersons Dietician

Neither does Scottish.
Yes the country that produced

Shankly
Ferguson
Matt Busby
Docherty
Dalglish
Graham

Knows nothing about football :lol: you’re having a mare due to an assumption you made. Just accept that you made a foolish remark based on your own prejudice, own it and move on. Haven’t even brought up the list of great players through out the years yet.

TheLastQuestion

Supports
Stevenage
Crying out for a player who can run down the left and use some of that lovely space defensive teams like WBA leave.

Swift Football

Because Americans know nothing about football, you're in no position to make that judgement.
Since Scottish do not know anything about football, I am not concerned with your opinions either.

Last edited:

Swift Football

Shankly
Ferguson
Matt Busby
Docherty
Dalglish
Graham

Knows nothing about football :lol: you’re having a mare due to an assumption you made. Just accept that you made a foolish remark based on your own prejudice, own it and move on. Haven’t even brought up the list of great players through out the years yet.
Not really, I am just enjoying this. And you forgot Denis Law.

Andersons Dietician

Not really, I am just enjoying this. And you forgot Denis Law.
He’s never been a manager as far as I’m aware or at least not at the level of the ones I mentioned. Don’t worry he was on the list of players I had in mind who were all technically proficient like Archie, Strachan, Buchan and so on.

What are you enjoying? Because everyone seems to be mocking you like you’re some sort of clown. Is that what you wanted and are enjoying?

Swift Football

He’s never been a manager as far as I’m aware or at least not at the level of the ones I mentioned. Don’t worry he was on the list of players I had in mind who were all technically proficient like Archie, Strachan, Buchan and so on.

What are you enjoying? Because everyone seems to be mocking you like you’re some sort of clown. Is that what you wanted and are enjoying?
yeah their reaction to the harsh truth. I do not know Archie, but other than that why all examples are from ages ago? Do you have anyone in mind who played in the last 10 years.

Andersons Dietician

yeah their reaction to the harsh truth. I do not know Archie, but other than that why all examples are from ages ago? Do you have anyone in mind who played in the last 10 years.
So effectively you’re trolling and just want a reaction from people?

There are now some pretty decent managers coming through. McInnes for example.

There are also as I mentioned earlier some quite good technically gifted players there now. Anyway was as you’ve made clear a comment with no actual basis, just your own opinion based on not watching it. So that just shows that you’re opinion on the situation is a complete load of tripe.

Also it’s not a harsh truth because as you’ve confirmed you’ve never watched it. This is up there with some of the best rubbish you came out with on Talking Reds.

Swift Football

So effectively you’re trolling and just want a reaction from people?

There are now some pretty decent managers coming through. McInnes for example.

There are also as I mentioned earlier some quite good technically gifted players there now. Anyway was as you’ve made clear a comment with no actual basis, just your own opinion based on not watching it. So that just shows that you’re opinion on the situation is a complete load of tripe.

Also it’s not a harsh truth because as you’ve confirmed you’ve never watched it. This is up there with some of the best rubbish you came out with on Talking Reds.
You keep on bringing on managers when the original discussion was on technical ability of player. And i thought you wont miss to mention kevin keegan somewhere there. I do not watch Scottish league ( after all, who wants to get bored to death :p ), but I do watch other leagues like EPL where Scottish players play. Despite your examples, by and large the scottish players do lack technical ability.

SerenityValley

You keep on bringing on managers when the original discussion was on technical ability of player. And i thought you wont miss to mention kevin keegan somewhere there. I do not watch Scottish league ( after all, who wants to get bored to death :p ), but I do watch other leagues like EPL where Scottish players play. Despite your examples, by and large the scottish players do lack technical ability.
Kevin keegan?

Deleted member 101472

The most recent Celtic Rangers game at ibrox was one of the most entertaining games of football anywhere in Europe this season. Your agenda laden wind up posts are pointless.

Andersons Dietician

I mean Kevin Keagan is English but ok. Also the managers were mentioned to highlight that as a nation we have a pretty decent history of knowing stuff about football and have produced some of the most successful managers ever. Anyway happy trolling.

Swift Football

I mean Kevin Keagan is English but ok. Also the managers were mentioned to highlight that as a nation we have a pretty decent history of knowing stuff about football and have produced some of the most successful managers ever. Anyway happy trolling.
I am glad that you were in fact able to highlight that Scotland has produced more than fair share of successful maangers. But technical players , hmmm I dont think so.

Deleted member 101472

I am glad that you were in fact able to highlight that Scotland has produced more than fair share of successful maangers. But technical players , hmmm I dont think so.
Your point is just stupid.

Aubameyang- Gabon
Mkhitaryan- Armenia
Sadie Mane- Senegal
Mo Salah- Egypt
Son heung Min - South Korea
Wanyama- Kenya

Examples of PL quality players who play with absolutely bollocks national teams. Sometimes, one player plays above what’s expected, and in Tierneys case there’s a very, very good player there. You simply can’t tar everyone from a country with the same brush.

Last edited by a moderator:

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert

Shankly
Ferguson
Matt Busby
Docherty
Dalglish
Graham

Jock Stein too. I doubt that guy knows who he was.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Yep, not like we have a literal statue of a technically talented Scottish player and prolific scorer outside Old Trafford.

ti vu

While I am not sure about his defensive ability with how little I've seen him, I am a bit knee jerk after this game to want Tierney on board now. If you're not exactly solid defensively, then at least being positive and influential in going forward as fullbacks. Sick of our options as full backs.

Paxi

Just admit you're talking bollocks. Everyone does it on occasion. At least if your honest, that way people actually might respect you even if you are talking shit.

And I'll humour you. Denis Law, Dalglish, Souness, were some of the best players that played in England. Oh Darren Fletcher wasn't bad either.

Deleted member 101472

While I am not sure about his defensive ability with how little I've seen him, I am a bit knee jerk after this game to want Tierney on board now. If you're not exactly solid defensively, then at least being positive and influential in going forward as fullbacks. Sick of our options as full backs.
He’s pretty solid. His career plan is to develop into a central midfielder eventually, obviously the coaches will determine whether or not that happens.

Swift Football

Just admit you're talking bollocks. Everyone does it on occasion. At least if your honest, that way people actually might respect you even if you are talking shit.

And I'll humour you. Denis Law, Dalglish, Souness, were some of the best players that played in England. Oh Darren Fletcher wasn't bad either.
Thats why i told "most scottish players are...' and not 'all', but have to admit i was almost tempted to.

Paxi

Thats why i told "most scottish players are...' and not 'all', but have to admit i was almost tempted to.
Ok then!

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
so savaged that i am crying now
You're a supposed United fan who came on here and said the Scottish know nothing about football. 18 of our 20 league titles were won under Scottish managers.