View full 2023-24 profile

6.1 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

kaku06

Vulgarian
I was a bit annoyed at Casemiro's lazy tackle that caused this. Maguire did something similar last season...shoving an opponent who fell injuring Martial.
That doesn’t take much. Even an opponent fart could injure him.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Out for first part of season. Such ashame as he was going to be the one brought into the squad this season.

SB16

"First part of the season" is a little cryptic. Luckhurst thinks this is around two months.

horsechoker

The Caf's Ezza.
"Everyone at the club wishes Kobbie a speedy recovery."

Not his biggest fan...

Seriously though what a bummer, I hope his progression isn't halted due to this

Nero

Whether it's injuries or off-field shenanigans, something always seems to go wrong with our young players.

Brightonian

The timing feels cruel but he's done so much good work for his career over the course of this pre-season, on and off the pitch. He's had a chance to demonstrate how very comfortable he looks at this level, including against some good opponents. There will be first team games waiting for him when he returns. If he'd picked up this injury in the first training session this season, there would be much bigger question marks over how much impact this could have on his opportunities.

Redstain

Could be his chance gone, especially with a further midfield signing. Unfortunately this happens with many competitive sports and luck is a huge factor.

FromTheBench

Yeah I think that's his season gone probably.

Lost momentum and erik won't risk bringing him in mid season.

Donut

It’s not broken, so probably 2-3 months… there’s almost another month until the season starts, then there’s the international break. Bad luck but I don’t think he’s going to miss too much.

red.knight

This boy is going right to the top. Absolute gem of a player. I wish him speedy recovery.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Could be his chance gone, especially with a further midfield signing. Unfortunately this happens with many competitive sports and luck is a huge factor.
Well, he won't be going out on loan for sure. So he will still be around the 1st team. Just lets hope he doesn't do a Facundo.

DevTheRed

Suggestions that’s it’s his season gone are just silly.. you can tell ETH absolutely adores him. He’ll definitely be back once ready.

horsechoker

The Caf's Ezza.
Suggestions that’s it’s his season gone are just silly.. you can tell ETH absolutely adores him. He’ll definitely be back once ready.
Lisandro Martínez was supposed to never play again after his injury according to some on here.

Catastrophising is now part and parcel of this place

Bondi77

Spot on...it is as plain as day that Erik likes him a lot and the young man will be given every opportunity going forward.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Awful news, that could set him back for couple of months. Thought he is having a great pre-season and gaining the momentum to feature in our first team this coming season. With him getting injured we may not see him on bench until October. And even so we may not see him featuring much early on as he will need to regain his fitness and prove himself again to the manager with limited mins trying to break into the team.

Semper Fudge

Apt Tagline
Disappointing but hopefully he'll be back in no time. Hope he's not letting it get him down after such an impressive start. ETH clearly adores him.

spiriticon

Gutted. So unfortunate. I like what I see of Kobbie and am quietly hoping we won't have to pay gazillions to replace Casemiro after all.

Giggsyking

He was not going to be in the starting 11 anyway, 2 months recovery is no time, he will be back for the majority of the season. Why are people crying?

CloneMC16

That's frustrating. Hopefully he recovers well and still gets a shot when he returns.

siw2007

Sad news for Kobbie, was looking forward to seeing him runout against Wolves on the first day of the season. It could have been worse however, I expect him to be back late September which gives him most of the season to play for the team. The narrative is that he has done enough in ETHs eyes to earn the opportunity to play for the first team this year so I don’t have any fears over his long term prospects for the club.

Marwood

He was not going to be in the starting 11 anyway, 2 months recovery is no time, he will be back for the majority of the season. Why are people crying?
All hypothetical but I'm not sure. Starting against Madrid was a big signal of what was to come I think.

DevilsOwn

On the slightly bright side, now he definitely doesn't get loaned out.

Hope he recovers soon and gets to play in the first team before turn of the year...

AFC NimbleThumb

Not everyone can be as cool as you mate, that’s the problem. Feck developmental time, might as well give all the youth players time off till Christmas.

Giggsyking

Not everyone can be as cool as you mate, that’s the problem. Feck developmental time, might as well give all the youth players time off till Christmas.
I must say I am not the cool type haha. But I know ETH is not rushing him no matter what the fans think. He will be eased just like Garnacho, and will start in the cup ties which is not before september. By the time he will be back.