View full 2023-24 profile

6.1 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
What an absolutely amazing performance, brilliant player for us. How we will cope without him next season when he has to do National Service, I’ll never know.

RORY65

He's just continually stepped up and looked comfortable as the quality of opponents and the pressure on the games has risen over his short time in the first team, it's fantastic that he got to have a key role in a cup final at such a young age (he was brilliant in this game) and so exciting that we look to have a player who can be a pivotal part of this team for many years to come.

Ekeke

Did very well going forward able to take the ball and keep moves going and finding passes for our counter attacks mostly with success. Had a couple of moments where he showed strength against Haaland and Alvarez and of course most importantly when Bruno found him in a decicive position he was as cool as can be as he placed the ball into the net. Great performance from a youngster

Defensively didnt win the ball too much but didnt cost us as there were lots of United shirts around him helping with that side of things and City were off their game with loose passes from Foden and Silva that are usually played well and they found United shirts instead.

Bwuk

His finishing is superb. You never expect him to miss when he’s in the box.

dabronxolivera

Supports
Al Hilal
He is the real deal ! If Southgate doesnt play him with Bellingham in Euros he deserves a sack. England should lineup with 3 midfielders which is Mainoo Bellingham Rice

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
What's not really being made a fuss of is that he's performed like this against Rodri and his cohorts, who if not the best midfield set in the world, are par with it. Not even for a moment did Mainoo look their inferior, in fact, for the majority of the game, it was them trying to contain him in terms of 1:1, and when City's onslaught did come, it was all down the flank in Doku, not marching through our midfield or being able to abandon duty therein because of the openings that would provide for exploitation. Mainoo and Bruno essentially kept their midfield honest.

He's a dead certainty to be going into the Euros as a starter, and it's a place earned on merit - there are not many midfielders in the world who can go into a game against City - and more specifically Rodri - and come out on top like that. It's the biggest feather in his cap of his season and elevates him to a different standing because he's gone from looking great in games against varied opposition to facing off against best in class and still looking like the best midfielder out there.

His talent is undeniable by now. Even Southgate will yield and put him straight into his best team. So long as he doesn't tire, there's absolutely no reason why Mainoo cannot be one of the star midfielders of this tournament. Pedri was the breakout midfielder of 2020, Mainoo has it in him to be that player in 2024. That's how good he is.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
@Fortitude I highly doubt Southgate would breakup his trusted Rice - Billingham partnership. And he also won't change his system, just to accommodate Mainoo. Not when the tournament is this close, at least.

Phil

He’s really just so good. The midfielder I’ve been wanting for so long.

InfiniteBoredom

@Fortitude I highly doubt Southgate would breakup his trusted Rice - Billingham partnership. And he also won't change his system, just to accommodate Mainoo. Not when the tournament is this close, at least.
Phillips being what he is atm plus Henderson on vacation means it’s likely going to be Rice Bellingham Mainoo anyway.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Phillips being what he is atm plus Henderson on vacation means it’s likely going to be Rice Bellingham Mainoo anyway.
Ok. You guys know more about England NT. So I'll take your word for it.

If he becomes a regular starter, i'll be back supporting England. It's been years of vacuum.

InfiniteBoredom

Scholes is so modest that he's self deprecating :lol:
10 times is an exaggeration but from a pure midfielder pov he isn’t wrong, Mainoo at 19 is far ahead of Scholes at 19 when the latter hadn’t even made his senior debut. We would be supremely lucky if Mainoo is comparable to 29 year old Scholes in accolades in 10 years time though.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
In Rice’s last 5 games for England he’s played alongside Mainoo (Belgium), Gallagher (Brazil), Alexander-Arnold (Macedonia), Phillips (Italy and Scotland). In every one of those games they’ve Played in a double pivot with Bellingham as the #10. So the structure is setup well for Mainoo to step into, and it’s obviously a position that Southgate’s not sure about. I think Mainoo brings a really nice balance to that trio.

mikeyt

Baller! Potential to be one of th best in the world if the trajectory keeps going up

BenitoSTARR

Scout
Supports
⭐
What's not really being made a fuss of is that he's performed like this against Rodri and his cohorts, who if not the best midfield set in the world, are par with it. Not even for a moment did Mainoo look their inferior, in fact, for the majority of the game, it was them trying to contain him in terms of 1:1, and when City's onslaught did come, it was all down the flank in Doku, not marching through our midfield or being able to abandon duty therein because of the openings that would provide for exploitation. Mainoo and Bruno essentially kept their midfield honest.

He's a dead certainty to be going into the Euros as a starter, and it's a place earned on merit - there are not many midfielders in the world who can go into a game against City - and more specifically Rodri - and come out on top like that. It's the biggest feather in his cap of his season and elevates him to a different standing because he's gone from looking great in games against varied opposition to facing off against best in class and still looking like the best midfielder out there.

His talent is undeniable by now. Even Southgate will yield and put him straight into his best team. So long as he doesn't tire, there's absolutely no reason why Mainoo cannot be one of the star midfielders of this tournament. Pedri was the breakout midfielder of 2020, Mainoo has it in him to be that player in 2024. That's how good he is.
I’ve had a look at all his touches and also rewatched the match looking at his positioning and he was absolutely holding his own and so composed on the ball but making good available movements whilst off it.

We really have lucked out here in finding a player and developing them like Mainoo he’s saved us £100m.

Absolutely incredible from a 19 year old.

My one thing I’d still like though is someone to push him in the squad. He definitely needs a rotation as he develops and I look to how Foden was handled as an example of how to ensure a player with high potential can reach their peak without burn out.

Mainoo is fast becoming my favourite player though. What a kid!

Borninthe80ts

The mark of a great player is how great players respond to you. The way City players react to him having the ball, double and triple pressing at times, and his composure in these moments…outstanding.

Him and Bruno also appreciate each other and are starting to build chemistry in terms of when to hold and move the ball.

His qualities are undeniable and I’m hoping that injuries don’t play a part in his story as it’ll could be a special one.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
He's a staggering footballer.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
I’ve had a look at all his touches and also rewatched the match looking at his positioning and he was absolutely holding his own and so composed on the ball but making good available movements whilst off it.

We really have lucked out here in finding a player and developing them like Mainoo he’s saved us £100m.

Absolutely incredible from a 19 year old.

My one thing I’d still like though is someone to push him in the squad. He definitely needs a rotation as he develops and I look to how Foden was handled as an example of how to ensure a player with high potential can reach their peak without burn out.

Mainoo is fast becoming my favourite player though. What a kid!
I actually want to watch this game back - which is something for this season - there were loads of tactical and positional battles going on, and it would be nice to observe them without the real-time stress. Would be nice to hone in on Mainoo and see how City approached him from the beginning of the game.

Obviously by a certain point he'd earned his respect and as @Borninthe80ts says, City's players started to fret because of his threat (badum tisch) and were trying to double up on him before opting to try track his passes instead of pressing him directly, which is the ultimate form of respect.

The one run that really stood out to me was the Kaka'-esque drive from the edge of our box and playing a progressive pass in stride. I think it was Rodri trying to track him, but Mainoo negated that with his release straight into Hojlund's path without a moment's hesitation, which is absolutely elite, but par for the course for Mainoo.

I think any player who can make Rodri huff and puff and look so flustered all game is one to keep an eye on, and you'd never know this was a teenager in his debut season against one of the best players in the world as matching him was effortless for Mainoo. It's such a massive scalp and rite of passage, like when Bale torched Maicon and officially arrived on the world stage.

There's not a better opponent for Mainoo to make his name against and I really believe this will reframe the perspective on him for any that need it. I'm dead certain it won't be the calibre of opposition hindering him in the Euros nor the domestic game.

If we get supplementary players of equal ability in midfield, we'll have a world class unit. What we do in the market as well as who we bring through is pivotal because I don't see a top tier midfield unit in the game Mainoo doesn't slot into and look like he's been there for years.

The last young midfielder that gave me the feeling they were a dead cert was Pedri. Mainoo needs to prove himself on that kind of stage to verify all this chatter, but I have no doubt he can.

SER19

This is a player so supremely gifted that I think the managerial decision should factor Mainoo into it. Who can continue his development, who won't stifle him. Thats certainly a string to ten hags bow. He developed de jong brilliantly and mainoo is presently flying. As is garnacho.

Borninthe80ts

I actually want to watch this game back - which is something for this season - there were loads of tactical and positional battles going on, and it would be nice to observe them without the real-time stress. Would be nice to hone in on Mainoo and see how City approached him from the beginning of the game.

Obviously by a certain point he'd earned his respect and as @Borninthe80ts says, City's players started to fret because of his threat (badum tisch) and were trying to double up on him before opting to try track his passes instead of pressing him directly, which is the ultimate form of respect.

The one run that really stood out to me was the Kaka'-esque drive from the edge of our box and playing a progressive pass in stride. I think it was Rodri trying to track him, but Mainoo negated that with his release straight into Hojlund's path without a moment's hesitation, which is absolutely elite, but par for the course for Mainoo.

I think any player who can make Rodri huff and puff and look so flustered all game is one to keep an eye on, and you'd never know this was a teenager in his debut season against one of the best players in the world as matching him was effortless for Mainoo. It's such a massive scalp and rite of passage, like when Bale torched Maicon and officially arrived on the world stage.

There's not a better opponent for Mainoo to make his name against and I really believe this will reframe the perspective on him for any that need it. I'm dead certain it won't be the calibre of opposition hindering him in the Euros nor the domestic game.

If we get supplementary players of equal ability in midfield, we'll have a world class unit. What we do in the market as well as who we bring through is pivotal because I don't see a top tier midfield unit in the game Mainoo doesn't slot into and look like he's been there for years.

The last young midfielder that gave me the feeling they were a dead cert was Pedri. Mainoo needs to prove himself on that kind of stage to verify all this chatter, but I have no doubt he can.
That’s what it is as well, his never flustered. Some players just play the game there own way and it shows. He can grab a game by the scruff of the neck and take charge, either creating midfield patterns or as you say with Kaka driving runs into the box.

It’s a good habit to watch games back as it can change perspective and I’ve picked up things this way more than I would have thought. Recommend it to everyone.

Abraxas

I initially thought starting with England was a bit too much too soon, but based on a performance like that on that stage I have to revise that opinion. Footballing wise he's one of England's best central midfielders as the options are fairly limited anyway, and the maturity also isn't an issue. So there would be no reason not to trust him based on this season.

Him and Bellingham has an appealing look at the heart of that midfield with years of improvement ahead of it. Suddenly England go from playing Kalvin Phillips routinely to having two of the best young mids in the world.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
This guy is unreal. Doesn't seem phased at all. I sincerely hope we can build a midfield to bring the best out of him

FriedClams

Needs a good song.

erik said
We’re gonna give a start to this kid
Oh words just can’t describe
The way he came into uniteds side

his dreads are fine
He scores screamers all the time
He’s United through and through
He’s kobbie mainoo

Last edited: