g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });
Kobbie Mainoo image 37

Kobbie Mainoo England flag

2023-24 Performances

View full 2023-24 profile

6.1 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
I also noticed he dropped between the CBs at times. He was the player dropping into defensive areas to pick up the ball like people used to complain Matic would do.
Its part of Mainoo's education that ETH is investing -- Playing him in different positions to give him different perspectives and understanding or maybe ETH in the long term wants to bring back the ol' total football approach or some form of it? Not following the Pep roadmap, unlike Arteta.

AWB in the pen box a couple of times?! That was a surprise too. Something is going on.

romufc

Maybe Mainoo is the reason we have not signed a Casemiro backup, he wants to use him in that role? We cant get carried away because last pre season we saw Iqbal and Savage feature alot in pre season games and nothing once the season started.

Saying that, it is clear that he rates Mainoo more, he was ahead of the pack when a youth player was called upon in the FA cup games.

Lets see how this changes once Casemiro is back in full fitness.

LordSpud

Maybe Mainoo is the reason we have not signed a Casemiro backup, he wants to use him in that role? We cant get carried away because last pre season we saw Iqbal and Savage feature alot in pre season games and nothing once the season started.

Saying that, it is clear that he rates Mainoo more, he was ahead of the pack when a youth player was called upon in the FA cup games.

I believe Amrabat is gonna be the back up.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
The new David Batty / Edgar Davids. Davids Batty if you like.

Foolsgold21

Erik is definitely trying to mould him into FDJ.

With his skill set and incredibly high ceiling, I think it might work

Bestietom

I feel we have a new star coming through in Mainoo. He could be top midfielder in a few years time. Ten Hag is the right manager for him.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I fail to understand how this guy turns into prime Pogba/Yaya Tour overnight. I mean, he was nowhere last season, didn't play, and was not on any loan right? So what happened here?

He looks like a senior player with all the skills and athletism. Plays through press, makes himself available for the ball, closes down players, holds the ball with a player on his back.

One thing we as fans do we overrate attacking players in preseason because there's less pressure on them in those games. I don't recall being so excited about a defensive player/central midfielder in a long long time. I never got onto Iqbal/Hannibal train as well.

He needs to be a part of the squad next season.
He was quality in that first team sub appearance last year too. I’ve liked the look of him every time I’ve seen him.

Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa

Personally I wish he could sell Fred, Scot, DVB. Get in a 6 and have Mainoo take up the regular Fred/Scott role off the bench.

Paul778

Personally I wish he could sell Fred, Scot, DVB. Get in a 6 and have Mainoo take up the regular Fred/Scott role off the bench.
Amrabat isn't in the travelling party today. I think the ducks are being lined up for exactly this but it's like a mortgage chain - United don't want to pull the trigger until they have all the contracts lined up (whether you think Amrabat is cover for Casemiro is another question).

Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa
Amrabat isn't in the travelling party today. I think the ducks are being lined up for exactly this but it's like a mortgage chain - United don't want to pull the trigger until they have all the contracts lined up (whether you think Amrabat is cover for Casemiro is another question).
I do think he would be the ideal cover.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Wearing a boot and crutches is basically just routine precautionary for any ankle injury

Trex

He's definitely going to get significant game time this season, I hope he can stay fit. He got injured towards the end of last season when it was rumoured ETH wanted to give him more minutes.

mav_9me

I really hope he is ok. To me Eriksen was a major worry today, maybe it's just preseason. But clearly even if we get Amrabat we likely need another CM, was soooooo looking forward to Mainoo being that CM. ( Am assuming McFred/VdB won't be here next season.

MDFC Manager

I really hope he is ok. To me Eriksen was a major worry today, maybe it's just preseason. But clearly even if we get Amrabat we likely need another CM, was soooooo looking forward to Mainoo being that CM. ( Am assuming McFred/VdB won't be here next season.
Oh we certainly need another midfielder.

Sir Erik ten Hag

Injured just when he was getting a run into 1st team. Hopefully not another case like Owen Hargreaves.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Was it from a tackle or did he just pull up?
Kinda got rolled up on by the falling Madrid player, sort of like how an offensive lineman gets rolled up from behind, not seeing what takes them down but hurting an ankle or a knee.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Please be a minor injury. Really looking forward to watching him progress.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Ridiculous bad luck, could set him back ages. Very difficult to break in mid season.

Negative Red

Do we know how bad his luck is yet? Or is this a reverse-pyschology-type-thing?

spiriticon

A bit miffed about this. He was looking very good to keep Casemiro on his toes for the start of the season