g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Kylian Mbappe | PSG

Sammyjunn

In Smalling's pocket (as every other person)
Sorry I didn't reply I used my 5 posts for the day.

I am not saying Rashford is better I am saying that there isn't much difference between the two. Mbappe is 1 year younger fair enough. But do you think Rashford would sell for even close to £100m never mind £135m.

Also yes he scored against City and Dortmund but let's look at the facts of them games. 1 of his goals against Cuty was a simple tap in. Dortmund the first goal was a tap in but not just that, it bobbled off his thigh and it was lucky to have went in. The second against Dortmund was a simple one on one from a misplaced backpass to the keeper.

It wasn't as if the goals were made by him and were unbelievable. They were easier to take than Rashfords goal against Ciry (on his derby debut) he skinned Demichelis with a brilliant goal.

All I am saying it that Mbappe isn't as good as made out yet. He is far from the finished article and £135 for potential is crazy.
Mbappe is like the best moments of Rashford, but that consistently. The dribbles, speed, runs, positioning and finishing come naturally for him. It is still early but he really is playing almost as a finished article already.

BobbyManc

Supports
Man City
Funny how he dismissed this goal yet claimed Rashford's goal v City was 'brilliant'. Sure, it was great-play by him, but Demichelis was at the end of his career and gave one of the worst defensive performances I've ever witnessed, to the extent we had to put him out of his misery and risk Fernandinho at CB. Mbappe's finish against Dortmund displayed magnificent composure. Both goals were very good.

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
Funny how he dismissed this goal yet claimed Rashford's goal v City was 'brilliant'. Sure, it was great-play by him, but Demichelis was at the end of his career and gave one of the worst defensive performances I've ever witnessed, to the extent we had to put him out of his misery and risk Fernandinho at CB. Mbappe's finish against Dortmund displayed magnificent composure. Both goals were very good.
If we had to choose a better goal it would be Rashfords. Mbappe intercepted the ball for a one on one. Rashford had a lot more to do regardless of Demichelis being trash.

My point being that Mbappe is overrated and no where near as good as people make out. He is not a chance worth £100m+. I would say Rashford would be worth about £40m max in this market. And Mbappe isn't much better then Rashford, if he is even better at all.

YouOnlyLiveTwice

Rather PSG have him and Neymar than Madrid or Barca. I just don't care enough about PSG, but Madrid and Barca feels like rivals, even though we are way behind them at the minute.

BBRBB

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Number 29 for Kylian.

Schneckerl

My point being that Mbappe is overrated and no where near as good as people make out. He is not a chance worth £100m+.
Meanwhile in the real world every top team was chasing him, so I'd say you're wrong.

I wonder what some people would say about Brazilian Ronaldo transfering for a world record fee after being injured for half a season playing in the Netherlands.

Last edited:

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
Rather PSG have him and Neymar than Madrid or Barca. I just don't care enough about PSG, but Madrid and Barca feels like rivals, even though we are way behind them at the minute.
If PSG were to win 3 CLs in the next 10 years, they'd be level with us. I'd be pretty annoyed about that, personally...

That's not unthinkable given the likes of Neymar, Mbappe, Veratti and Marquinhos all have a good chance of being the best player in their position.

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
Meanwhile in the real world every top team was chasing him, so I'd say you're wrong.

I wonder what some people would say about Brazilian Ronaldo transfering for a world record fee after being injured for half a season playing in the Netherlands.
Come on now, please don't compare Mbappe to young Ronaldo De Lima, Ronaldo was something else entirely. Rooney at 18 was better than this kid, never mind Ronaldo.

YouOnlyLiveTwice

If PSG were to win 3 CLs in the next 10 years, they'd be level with us. I'd be pretty annoyed about that, personally...

That's not unthinkable given the likes of Neymar, Mbappe, Veratti and Marquinhos all have a good chance of being the best player in their position.
True, but then again, rather they win the CL than Barca or Madrid. The fact that they are a doped club means i don't really care about them, same with Chelsea.

Sammyjunn

In Smalling's pocket (as every other person)
Come on now, please don't compare Mbappe to young Ronaldo De Lima, Ronaldo was something else entirely. Rooney at 18 was better than this kid, never mind Ronaldo.
Mbappe realistically couldnt have done much more the past 9 months. Shot Monaca to the title as underdogs, impressed with France, star man in CL and absolutely crucified Dortmund and City. Whilst being one of the few to score against Juventus.

I dont think Rooney was certainly better at that age.

Omahahaha

If we had to choose a better goal it would be Rashfords. Mbappe intercepted the ball for a one on one. Rashford had a lot more to do regardless of Demichelis being trash.

My point being that Mbappe is overrated and no where near as good as people make out. He is not a chance worth £100m+. I would say Rashford would be worth about £40m max in this market. And Mbappe isn't much better then Rashford, if he is even better at all.
Considering how Rashford has been doing one on one, you're really downplaying Mbappés goal. I usually dislike appeal to authority-arguments, but when all top clubs in the world seem to agree that Mbappe is worth £100m+ I guess you're wrong.
Also the fact that he's been scouted by Real Madrid for ages, before having this amazing first season.

I do like Rashford though, just wish he would improve his technique, decision making and finishing. Would be awesome if he became more consistent and started to play with his head up.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid

Ronaldo was a different thing though. Wrong to think like that

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
Ronaldo was a different thing though. Wrong to think like that
He wasn't comparing the players but the context: young players evolving int the Netherlands/France and subject to a record move.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
He wasn't comparing the players but the context: young players evolving int the Netherlands/France and subject to a record move.
I know, but that's my point. Anybody who watched him play for 5 minutes would come away thinking "he'll be the best ever". Injuries aside, no amount of money would be crazy for an 18 yo Ronaldo in 2017

Mbappé is just not on that level

BBRBB

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain

Nothing prevents you from winning a couple CLs of your own in these 10 years, you're the richest club in the world.

RedCurry

If PSG and france dominate world football with him in the lead he'll be a world legend in a jiffy.
You say that like it's easy. PSG dominating world football would mean that they have to win multiple CLs. They could spend another half a billion and still wouldn't be able to guarantee that.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
:lol: PSG have as much money as they need.
But they can't spend more than United, or Madrid, or Barcelona. You're actually believing Nobita's and his morons little story about how PSG are too rich to compete with, when in truth after Neymar and Messi's new contract come into effect you'll still be spending some €100m a year more than them in wages. Guess you could always blame the basketball and handball teams for that :rolleyes:

serghei

Supports
FC Barcelona
But they can't spend more than United, or Madrid, or Barcelona. You're actually believing Nobita's and his morons little story about how PSG are too rich to compete with, when in truth after Neymar and Messi's new contract come into effect you'll still be spending some €100m a year more than them in wages. Guess you could always blame the basketball and handball teams for that :rolleyes:
They can surely spend more than any club in the world. They can't produce more, which means they are a lot less valuable than Madrid, Barca and United. But when you use the word rich, no one is richer than Qatar in football.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
They can surely spend more than any club in the world. They can't produce more, which means they are a lot less valuable than Madrid, Barca and United. But when you use the word rich, no one is richer than Qatar in football.
The problem with that logic is that it makes Rennes richer than most EPL clubs which is obviously not true. We should limit our valuations to actual budgets.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
Nothing prevents you from winning a couple CLs of your own in these 10 years, you're the richest club in the world.
Of course. Under Mourinho I'm quite optimistic of winning another CL. I was just making the point that PSG being level with us on the most important trophy in club football isn't an impossibility, and isn't something to be easily dismissed. Not sure why I bothered when it's so heavily subjective...

serghei

Supports
FC Barcelona
The problem with that logic is that it makes Rennes richer than most EPL clubs which is obviously not true. We should limit our valuations to actual budgets.
Nobody knows what is the actual budget of PSG. It can vary by whatever sponsorship contracts they sign with Qatar. What matters is that they can afford to buy 2 players worth 200m. each in the same summer. No other club can do that. Maybe City.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Nobody knows what is the actual budget of PSG. It can vary by whatever sponsorship contracts they sign with Qatar. What matters is that they can afford to buy 2 players worth 200m. each in the same summer. No other club can do that. Maybe City.
Wrong, in France we have the DNCG and the budget has to be announced.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
They AREN'T buying two players worth €200m each in the same summer. They specifically had to structure the deal to postpone one of those to next summer. If Mbappé had 3 left on his conteact instead of 1, they wouldn't have signed him

serghei

Supports
FC Barcelona
They AREN'T buying two players worth €200m each in the same summer. They specifically had to structure the deal to postpone one of those to next summer. If Mbappé had 3 left on his conteact instead of 1, they wouldn't have signed him
Only because of risks regarding FFP. Not because they don't have the money to buy Mbappe right now. Again, they have as much money as they need. The sources that leaked the transfer of Neymar said the Neymar deal alone is worth about 500m. with all the bonuses to Neymar and his dad included. Nobody can pay that for a player except PSG right now.

Madrid wanted Mbappe, but were priced out as well. Just like all the other teams were in the Neymar deal.

For 180m. they would have signed Mbappe even if he had 5 years on his contract. It's an astonishing price. Double the price Madrid ever paid for a single player.

Last edited:

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Only because of risks regarding FFP. Not because they don't have the money to buy Mbappe right now. Again, they have as much money as they need. The sources that leaked the transfer of Neymar said the Neymar deal alone is worth about 500m. with all the bonuses to Neymar and his dad included. Nobody can pay that except PSG.

Madrid wanted Mbappe, but were priced out as well. Just like all the other teams were in the Neymar deal.
Wrong. Take a look at what United have spent over the last few years. United could have pulled off the neymar deal. Real Madrid probably could have pulled off the Neymar deal. Circumstances weren't right, simple as that. And we weren't priced out of Mbappé, he chose PSG, we chose not to sell Bale and give his wages to Mbappé

serghei

Supports
FC Barcelona
Wrong. Take a look at what United have spent over the last few years. United could have pulled off the neymar deal. Real Madrid probably could have pulled off the Neymar deal. Circumstances weren't right, simple as that. And we weren't priced out of Mbappé, he chose PSG, we chose not to sell Bale and give his wages to Mbappé
Really believe that? The deal was worth too much money and Mbappe asked a huge salary for his age. Madrid just couldn't afford him, just like Barca couldn't afford to pay 200m. for Coutinho after they already paid a lot for Dembele.

United couldn't afford paying nearly half a billion for a player in bonuses for him and his dad, salary and the 222m. realease clause. United has wanted Neymar for a long time. But the money PSG put into this deal is not manageable for any of the clubs that are run like a profitable corporation.

Why do you think there weren't any other offers for Neymar this summer. Only PSG could afford him, and only PSG could come up with such a huge quantity of cash. United weren't in the talk because the deal was above their power. No other team other than PSG could have paid 222m, which is more than double the sum any other team paid for a player in history.

Last edited:

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Really believe that? The deal was worth too much money and Mbappe asked a huge salary for his age.
Yes, because it's the plain truth. We were able and ready to pay the €180m transfer fee(indeed, given we made more from sales than PSG, it would've been cheaper for us too). We pay Bale €30m a year. We could have given that to Mbappé if we sold him. We chose not to. PSG were better positioned to sign him, that's all there is to it
Madrid just couldn't afford him, just like Barca couldn't afford to pay 200m. for Coutinho after they already paid a lot for Dembele.
You believe the smoke-sellers desperate attempt to cover their arses?

United couldn't afford paying nearly half a billion for a player in bonuses for him and his dad, salary and the 222m. realease clause.
Of course they could. They weren't in a position to do it this summer. United's revenue is huge and keeps increasing, and their wage bill is less than 50% of it. Signing Neymar would have meant no Lukaku, Lindeloff and Matic. Mou decided they needed those players more than Neymar

serghei

Supports
FC Barcelona
Of course they could. They weren't in a position to do it this summer. United's revenue is huge and keeps increasing, and their wage bill is less than 50% of it. Signing Neymar would have meant no Lukaku, Lindeloff and Matic. Mou decided they needed those players more than Neymar
United's revenue is as big as Madrid's, or Barca's, maybe even a bit lower due to pound being under the euro now. No way they could tie down about half a billion pounds for Neymar if not more. They never did that for any player, so it's all fantasy until they do it. You seem to forget the bonus part for Neymar and his dad, which is reportedly worth about as much as the 222m. release clause (50m. for his dad and 100m. for Neymar in bonuses).

RooneyLegend

You say that like it's easy. PSG dominating world football would mean that they have to win multiple CLs. They could spend another half a billion and still wouldn't be able to guarantee that.
With the quality of players they are acquiring there's every possibility of it happening. They've got the best or second best squad in the world right now. One club has won 3 of the last 4 CL's while another has 3 in the last 8 seasons. i guess it's fair to say dominating European football hasn't been all that difficult for those clubs. What both have in common is squads with a frightening amount of quality in them, PSG is in the same boat.