Kylian Mbappe signs new contract at PSG until 2025 | LaLiga will file a complaint

Pickle85

What initiative? Dating a woman? Wow, who would ever expect a man to date a woman???
I get what you're saying, but unfortunately we live in a world in which people aren't that accepting. I think what the poster said was fair comment.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
What initiative? Dating a woman? Wow, who would ever expect a man to date a woman???
Oh be quiet. It is obviously a big deal, for good reasons, for a world famous celebrity and idol to young people to be dating a transgender person.

Pretending like it isn't is just acting like you're above people.

Sweet Square

I bet his bosses are none too pleased
PSG owners are secretly gnashing their teeth

Tbh I doubt they care. In the same way Beckham can get paid millions for the adverts about the latest World Cup while also believing in women and gay rights.

People can quite easily put aside any personal beliefs when it comes to business.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Great stuff, good for them.

Von Mistelroum

Lucky git!

Shouldn't be an issue of course but I suspect some fans will heckle him for it. Hopefully they won't though.

LARulz

Oh be quiet. It is obviously a big deal, for good reasons, for a world famous celebrity and idol to young people to be dating a transgender person.

Yeah, a really odd post that. If he is dating a transgender person it's huge for the community

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22

Tbh I doubt they care. In the same way Beckham can get paid millions for the adverts about the latest World Cup while also believing in women and gay rights.

People can quite easily put aside any personal beliefs when it comes to business.
It all looks very pretty, but I think it’s better to pay attention to what they do rather than what they say. They’re a sports washing organisation at the end of the day, PR is their bread and butter.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout

And beyond that people are being a bit hypocritical. We have a thread in the general about that topic and only a few of us had little issues with it, the majority of people are open to it only when it doesn't concern them.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Lucky git!

Shouldn't be an issue of course but I suspect some fans will heckle him for it. Hopefully they won't though.
Sadly, the vultures in the media looking to exploit this will see to that.

If the media truly want to normalize gay/trans relationships, if they truly cared for Mbappe and his partners happiness and well-being, they'd leave them in peace.

Pickle85

Who gives a shit who he is dating?
Quite a number of people, or it wouldn't be news. I've really never understood this attitude...just because one person doesn't find something newsworthy or of interest doesn't mean that the rest of the world also shouldn't.

LARulz

Who gives a shit who he is dating?
Most in Europe/"Western" world may not but it's a big thing if one of the most famous sports stars is dating a transgender person. Provides more acceptability for the community in countries that may not be so open

Pickle85

Only the media.

Normal humans being couldn't care less for another persons sexual preference, not even remotely.
Nonsense. It's obviously not just the media, or the media wouldn't print it as it wouldn't get clicks. I think to pretend that we're now all in a place where we live in a society free of gender related issues is enormously unhelpful and will only prevent us from solving the problems that clearly remain.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
I hope opposition fans don't use this to "insult" him. Would go a long way to normalize this if a world class player was openly bisexual.
He's not openly bisexual though
I get what you're saying, but unfortunately we live in a world in which people aren't that accepting. I think what the poster said was fair comment.
No you don't. I was taking issue with their wording. Mbappé met a trans woman, they liked each other, they're dating. It's not a fecking initiative. It's not affirmative action ffs

See above. Yes, it is a big deal, and yes, it could be very positive for a community that needs all the positivity, acceptance and normalization it can get. Which is why i take issue with people saying Mbappé took the initiative to date her

Pickle85

He's not openly bisexual though

No you don't. I was taking issue with their wording. Mbappé met a trans woman, they liked each other, they're dating. It's not a fecking initiative. It's not affirmative action ffs

See above. Yes, it is a big deal, and yes, it could be very positive for a community that needs all the positivity, acceptance and normalizarion it can get. Which is why i take issue with people saying Mbappé took the initiative to date her
Rubbish, you're just trying to backtrack because people called you out and now you're hiding behind semantics. Your point was that a man dating a woman isn't news, which is true but also misses the broader point.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Rubbish, you're just trying to backtrack because people called you out and now you're hiding behind semantics. Your point was that a man dating a woman isn't news, which is true but also misses the broader point.
Eh, think what you want

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Initiative is the wrong word though. He likes another person. It is newsworthy as he's famous. But it's not like he's doing it for a social cause I.e an initiative. He's doing what he wants with his personal life.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Initiative is the wrong word though. He likes another person. It is newsworthy as he's famous. But it's not like he's doing it for a social cause I.e an initiative. He's doing what he wants with his personal life.
Thank you. And anybody who doesn't understand why that wording is problematic maybe should inform themselves better before opening their mouth and waste air

Pickle85

I agree but assumed it was a case of the point being lost in translation.

Pickle85

Thank you. And anybody who doesn't understand why that wording is problematic maybe should inform themselves better before opening their mouth and waste air
Nonsense. It was quite clearly a lost in translation moment as 'taking an initiative' doesn't make linguistic sense. You just couldn't wait to leap on it to prove how much more enlightened you are than other mere mortals in the thread. And you got called on it.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Only the media.

Normal humans being couldn't care less for another persons sexual preference, not even remotely.
Unfortunately that's not true at all. A very large amount of people do care about your sexual preferences whether we are talking about gender, ethnicity or religion. That's largely why these things are in the media.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Lucky git!

I saw this a couple of days ago on that horrific app TikTok. A lot of awful videos and posts about it

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Nonsense. It was quite clearly a lost in translation moment as 'taking an initiative' doesn't make linguistic sense.
This is the internet. People can't divine intention, can only judge based on what is actually said. And saying sonething insensitive and problematic on such sensitive issues should be called out.

You having poor understanding skills and thin skin is your problem. Now kindly piss off

Last edited:

Pickle85

This is the internet. People can't divine intention, can only judge based on what is actually said. And saying sonething insensitive and problematic on such sensible issues should be called out.

You having poor understanding skills and thin skin is your problem. Now kindly piss off
Sorry, not sure what you mean by 'sensible' issues so I'm finding it tough to divine your intention.

Level of discussion is degenerating here, so I'll take your advice. Have a nice day!

CloneMC16

The Quote Tweets are pretty wild.

Fair play to Mbappe. It's too bad that this is actually a big deal. Hopefully they can deal with the social media shite.

Lord SInister

where grasses are green and girls are pretty
I said if he doesn't shy away from it, than it is a great initiative (maybe my English is weak, but I meant precedent or doesn't feel embarassed to admit or staying behind the closet or being brave enough, whatever is the word).

Basically what I meant, if it is true and he doesn't shy away from openly confessing that he is dating a transwoman while playing in a overtly masculine and homo/transphobic environment that football dressing room, training ground and football game/fan environment is, it would be a great initiative (whatever the appropriate word is).