Kylian Mbappe signs new contract at PSG until 2025 | LaLiga will file a complaint

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
No we won't ... see our dislike for Gareth Bale. Its a matter of the club's prestige versus a player's ego. Mbappe has played a blinder and got an epic deal for himself, at the cost of making us look like mugs, over and above the usual contract negotiations. Perez would be savaged by the members if he was seen to behave like an obedient dog in front of Mbappe.
I promise you this: if 3 years later he comes to Madrid, you will here of a man that has chained himself infront of the Bernabeu and is on hunger strike ... that man will be me. I'd rather die than live to see him play here.

Mbappe gets to make $$$, Mbappe gets to win CL with a rival, Mbappe gets all the glory, Mbappe has had enough of the Blonde Bimbo and now wants to waltz into a marriage with the Girl Next Door (whose heart he broke 3 years ago)... feck off Ninja turtle, I hope Shredder makes you into soup.
:eek::lol:

Blimey. I thought I was ruthless

erikcred

No we won't ... see our dislike for Gareth Bale. Its a matter of the club's prestige versus a player's ego. Mbappe has played a blinder and got an epic deal for himself, at the cost of making us look like mugs, over and above the usual contract negotiations. Perez would be savaged by the members if he was seen to behave like an obedient dog in front of Mbappe.
I promise you this: if 3 years later he comes to Madrid, you will here of a man that has chained himself infront of the Bernabeu and is on hunger strike ... that man will be me. I'd rather die than live to see him play here.

Mbappe gets to make $$$, Mbappe gets to win CL with a rival, Mbappe gets all the glory, Mbappe has had enough of the Blonde Bimbo and now wants to waltz into a marriage with the Girl Next Door (whose heart he broke 3 years ago)... feck off Ninja turtle, I hope Shredder makes you into soup.
Part of me wishes that this happens just so I get to watch the TV coverage of the true Real Madrid fan who's kept his word given on an anonymous internet forum.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
There's nothing weird about that, it's actually very consistent. Outside of the money aspect, Mbappé stayed because he considered that he had unfinished business in Paris. The club was a mess last season so he didn't see any reason to renew. It was different this summer, the club presented a total reshaping of the project with a big focus on fixing the mistakes made in the past, focusing on football instead of marketing. All the reports we have for a week now show that a LOT will evolve in the PSG structure in the next couple of days, the President already anounced it. Exit Leonaro, welcome Campos who will, as his 1st job, try to cut all the deadweight in the team with the help of Antero Henrique. Youth management will change, communication will change, the scouting structure will change, the performance department might also change etc.

So why is MBappé bound to leave soon? Because he gave it a last try, which will allow him to leave PSG as the undisputed best player in the history of the club, but whether we succeed in winning the CL or not, he'll have done everything he could.

And obviously, if he's as good as he is right now or even better, pretty much every team with a decent budget will want him.
The strange thing about Mbappé is that his lasts comments regarding PSG's lack of football structure in the past and the idea that they are finally making moves to fix it should be the focus of conversations.

Terrific Tangerine

Supports
Blackpool
Its wonderful news that one of the worlds most prominent players rubbed Real's face in the dirt.

It's wonderful news that lots of other clubs can't be out muscled in signing players by them now.

Its wonderful news that Real's attempt to maintain their narcissism with a European Super League blew up in their face.

Its all really nice to witness.

solo un club normal.

BBRBB

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
The strange thing about Mbappé is that his lasts comments regarding PSG's lack of football structure in the past and the idea that they are finally making moves to fix it should be the focus of conversations.
We'll be able to comment when we see them, should be this week according to NAK.

Maybe secrets being well kept so far is the first step.

Iker Quesadillas

Supports
Real Madrid
It's wonderful news that lots of other clubs can't be out muscled in signing players by them now.
Similar sentiments were expressed in the David De Gea contract renewal thread from 7 years ago.

And as we all know, Dave's contract marked the beginning of the end for 'ole Real Madrid.

Iker Quesadillas

Supports
Real Madrid
And obviously, if he's as good as he is right now or even better, pretty much every team with a decent budget will want him.
I think your idea of a 'decent budget' might be a bit distorted.
the club presented a total reshaping of the project [...] focusing on football instead of marketing.
Going through all these steps to keep Mbappe, throwing a big party at the stadium to announce the renewal, going on a PR tour about how it represents France... all that is marketing. The "football focused project" has literally begun with a massive marketing campaign.

Last edited:

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
Going through all these steps to keep Mbappe, throwing a big party at the stadium to announce the renewal, going on a PR tour about how it represents France... all that is marketing. The "football focused project" has literally begun with a massive marketing campaign.
Focusing on performances doesn't mean you can't do PR, but it means that PR doesn't determine the way you manage your project.

And this marketing campaign was obviously in part negociated by Mbappé so he can try to mitigate the damage done to his popularity among Real Madrid follower sto keep the door open in the future. Nobody's naive.

Undermining Mbappé's patriotism is a very bad angle though, it is VERY important to him. He always insisted on that point, asked to play every game with the NT even if it wasn't appreciated by PSG when he had a small injury and he admitted that being a part of the olympic team was part of his negociation with PSG.

JPRouve

Scout
Focusing on performances doesn't mean you can't do PR, but it means that PR doesn't determine the way you manage your project.

And this marketing campaign was obviously in part negociated by Mbappé so he can try to mitigate the damage done to his popularity among Real Madrid follower sto keep the door open in the future. Nobody's naive.

Undermining Mbappé's patriotism is a very bad angle though, it is VERY important to him. He always insisted on that point, asked to play every game with the NT even if it wasn't appreciated by PSG when he had a small injury and he admitted that being a part of the olympic team was part of his negociation with PSG.
I could be wrong but I don't think that the dichotomy is PR vs Football focused, that's a bit too crude. PSG will do PR and care about marketing as much as clubs like Real Madrid, the issue is that some Football decisions have apparently been polluted by personal interests, the Icardi case is allegedly one of them, there is also the issue of youth Football where there is also apparently too much small personal businesses being arranged between certain people with the club knowing about it and doing nothing presumably because it wasn't on the spotlight, the issue now is that Wilfried Mbappé is an educator in Iles-de-France, it's something that he apparently care about and he is close to some of the people complaining about it within the club.

As I said earlier what Mbappé is alluding to is interesting because it's not positive for PSG and it put the spotlight on something that everyone should look at in the near future. PSG have to fix this mess for their own good and Mbappé need them to fix it to "justify" his extension beyond money, to justify it from the public viewpoint but also his own because PSG aren't going to be the best version of themselves until they fix them.

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
I could be wrong but I don't think that the dichotomy is PR vs Football focused, that's a bit too crude. PSG will do PR and care about marketing as much as clubs like Real Madrid, the issue is that some Football decisions have apparently been polluted by personal interests, the Icardi case is allegedly one of them, there is also the issue of youth Football where there is also apparently too much small personal businesses being arranged between certain people with the club knowing about it and doing nothing presumably because it wasn't on the spotlight, the issue now is that Wilfried Mbappé is an educator in Iles-de-France, it's something that he apparently care about and he is close to some of the people complaining about it within the club.

As I said earlier what Mbappé is alluding to is interesting because it's not positive for PSG and it put the spotlight on something that everyone should look at in the near future. PSG have to fix this mess for their own good and Mbappé need them to fix it to "justify" his extension beyond money, to justify it from the public viewpoint but also his own because PSG aren't going to be the best version of themselves until they fix them.
You're mostly right but there's no point for me to dive into the details of what's not functionning properly. There's obviously a big "PR over football" issue and Messi is probably the best exemple of this aspect but you're right to mention a lot of other disfunctionnal areas in the club structure, either for small personal businesses issues, sheer incompetence or lack of authority. I'm not saying it can be fixed in a summer but i'm looking forward to hearing what Nasser is going to anounce in the next couple of days. At least Leonardo and Jean-Martial Ribes are gone, that's 2 big ones (even if Ribes resigned a couple of weeks ago).

ilrm

Supports
Real Madrid
:eek::lol:

Blimey. I thought I was ruthless
Part of me wishes that this happens just so I get to watch the TV coverage of the true Real Madrid fan who's kept his word given on an anonymous internet forum.
Just out of curiosity, if someone were to actually do this (not saying I actually will) but hypothetically if someone who was a non-EU/non-Spanish citizen and he came over and publicly starved himself for a week (water only) to protest this transfer, would he get deported? Would he be banned from entering EU? Any lawyers here?
Assuming that the person doesn't chain himself anywhere and just lies on a public street with a huge sign and is visibly in pain/exhaustion after a week.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Just out of curiosity, if someone were to actually do this (not saying I actually will) but hypothetically if someone who was a non-EU/non-Spanish citizen and he came over and publicly starved himself for a week (water only) to protest this transfer, would he get deported? Would he be banned from entering EU? Any lawyers here?
Assuming that the person doesn't chain himself anywhere and just lies on a public street with a huge sign and is visibly in pain/exhaustion after a week.
Deported? Probably not, but you would be removed off the street and taken to a hospital and then perhaps a psych evaluation because what sane person goes on a trip to a foreign country to go on a hunger striker about a fecking football team?

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
They would send you to a foreigners' centre, but first someone from the chiringuito would interview you on the street, and maybe they would say that you are a hero without a cape.

ilrm

Supports
Real Madrid
Its wonderful news that one of the worlds most prominent players rubbed Real's face in the dirt.

Its wonderful news that Real's attempt to maintain their narcissism with a European Super League blew up in their face.

Its all really nice to witness.

solo un club normal.
All of this is fine except:
  1. We are still a super-succesful club, with stable finances, an amazing stadium and top of the list of many great players. This after 10 years of dealing with City & PSG.
  2. If what Tebas is saying is true, then City will also be able to take advantage of such financial engineering and further drive United/Arsenal into irrelevance. Look at the state of Liverpool - their best ever team in 30 years, with the best coach they've had in 30 years and yet they can't seem to get a PL dynasty going because City have blasted them out of first place. Not sure why you are gloating about this.

JPRouve

Scout
Deported? Probably not, but you would be removed off the street and taken to a hospital and then perhaps a psych evaluation because what sane person goes on a trip to a foreign country to go on a hunger striker about a fecking football team?
As if you are not ready to do the same if Shane Wright isn't the pick. :D

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
They would send you to a foreigners' centre, but first someone from the chiringuito would interview you on the street, and maybe they would say that you are a hero without a cape.
This would happen, followed by a job offer

Do it mate

JPRouve

Scout
It could be a great segment. They find someone that looks like Sergent Garcia and he goes to @ilrm with a costume of Zorro, anointing him as the people's champion.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
It could be a great segment. They find someone that looks like Sergent Garcia and he goes to @ilrm with a costume of Zorro, anointing him as the people's champion.
El zorro :lol: I can imagine Pedrerol and Roncero getting excited about the idea.

ilrm

Supports
Real Madrid
someone from the chiringuito would interview you on the street, and maybe they would say that you are a hero without a cape.
Worthy of being put on a tombstone!

For some people (not saying its me) its not just a "football team", its all they have!

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
  1. We are still a super-succesful club, with stable finances, an amazing stadium and top of the list of many great players. This after 10 years of dealing with City & PSG.
  2. If what Tebas is saying is true, then City will also be able to take advantage of such financial engineering and further drive United/Arsenal into irrelevance. Look at the state of Liverpool - their best ever team in 30 years, with the best coach they've had in 30 years and yet they can't seem to get a PL dynasty going because City have blasted them out of first place. Not sure why you are gloating about this.
And what right does Liverpool have over City to maximize their opportunities? This is also the best City side in their existence and the best coach they ever had, someone had to lose out and twice it's been only by one point, hardly 'blasting' them out of first place.

Also, never heard an answer from @Iker Quesadillas and other Madridistas, who believe he stayed for the money, to explain to me how Mbappe being the leading face of Real Madrid/La Liga wouldn't have made him far more money commercially than staying at PSG and in Ligue 1? I suspect there isn't a good answer for them which is why I've heard nothing but crickets since I asked it.

Last edited:

Kaushal

:lol: :lol: Bloody hell. You make all the ungrateful madrid fans like the handkerchief wavers and car attackers look like monks.

You know what, no matter what anyone says I’m truly inspired and admire your zero respect for your own life over a football transfer. You have set the standards. Bill shankly eat your heart out.

ilrm “ Some people say a football transfer is a matter of life and death, I can assure you it’s much more than that”

Last edited:
Reactions: JPRouve

rainey

Supports
DZG
It's not City that is driving United/Arsenal into irrelevance. It's their own incompetence. City brute forced their path to near the mountain top, sure , but to reach the very peak you have to get the key ingredients right. Which is what both Liverpool and City have done by handing the keys over to Klopp and Pep respectively. United outspent both of these clubs but didn't have enough brains/luck to get the winning component right.

And you could argue that United got to spend this much because of what PL is today (with Man Utd still being the leagues most marketable asset); clubs like Chelsea and City and now Newcastle have been steroid pumped to bring the league to a level of competiteveness never before seen in one of the major 5 EU leagues. Not even Italy during the 90's. You've got clubs like Villa and Everton outspending the other leagues' elite clubs without ever getting remotely close to challenging for important domestic trophies.

But now I'm waaay offtopic. Regarding Real, Tebas is panicking because Primera has lost quite a bit of its shine lately. Madrid will always have a strong pull, no doubt, but the way they've handled this Mbappe rejection has been the exact opposite of classy. They're lucky that football favorite villain is on the other side, else the way that most Madrid outlets have behaved would've been scrutinized far far more.

Terrific Tangerine

Supports
Blackpool
Not so much gloating as generally pleased.

I had the immense pleasure of living in Madrid for a few years, one of the few negatives that I experienced was the entitlement of Real's fans.

They had all of course forgotten the 32 years barren of European Cup success and acted as if Real as Euro champions was an expression of their natural superiority. It warms my heart to consider the cognitive dissonance they would encounter in discussing their status as just another team in the pack.

I'm not sure why you introduced Liverpool so strongly into your reply. I'm a fan of one of the other pool's.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Not so much gloating as generally pleased.

I had the immense pleasure of living in Madrid for a few years, one of the few negatives that I experienced was the entitlement of Real's fans.

They had all of course forgotten the 32 years barren of European Cup success and acted as if Real as Euro champions was an expression of their natural superiority. It warms my heart to consider the cognitive dissonance they would encounter in discussing their status as just another team in the pack.
We are not just another team in the pack though. No matter how much you might want otherwise. 13 times Champions of Europe. Nobody else comes even close. Only club to win it back to back in the CL era, first to win 3 in a row in 40 years

Terrific Tangerine

Supports
Blackpool
We are not just another team in the pack though. No matter how much you might want otherwise. 13 times Champions of Europe. Nobody else comes even close. Only club to win it back to back in the CL era, first to win 3 in a row in 40 years
Oh look there it is, takes me back to my days in Prosperidad and Cuzco.

Nice to see the cognitive dissonance too.

Acheron

Supports
Real Madrid
Also, never heard an answer from @Iker Quesadillas and other Madridistas, who believe he stayed for the money, to explain to me how Mbappe being the leading face of Real Madrid/La Liga wouldn't have made him far more money commercially than staying at PSG and in Ligue 1? I suspect there isn't a good answer for them which is why I've heard nothing but crickets since I asked it.
I think in an hypothetical scenario, where he did sign for Real Madrid, he would had the platform and potential to build a brand and successful career such as Messi and Ronaldo; you know winning a few UCL and Ballon D'Or being the center of Real Madrid. So in that ideal scenario surely he could make a lot of money and fame but that's just potential not something we're dead certain.

Honestly it's very unlikely he will reach the same numbers, consistency and impact that both Ronaldo and Messi did. So maybe he sees being some more seasons in France as securing his future and something more certain, and he's already famous enough over there. So yeah I still think he's making more money over there and it's also the fact of all the pressure he got and the sporting aspect of it. He might not be the sporting director but it's very likely he was promised some changes in the team in order to convince him to stay, along with the economic aspect.

Alain-

Win 13 cups, so what. In 1000 years we will just remember that a Spanish team got a good start and slightly took the lead

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Win 13 cups, so what. In 1000 years we will just remember that a Spanish team got a good start and slightly took the lead
We're not living 1000 years from now though :)

Iker Quesadillas

Supports
Real Madrid
The answer is simple: PSG offered him more money than that. We know that's possible because PSG 1) has basically unlimited amounts of money, and 2) made it very clear publicly that they were willing to do everything humanly possible to keep Mbappe.

This is the issue, Sayros: the context. When the player paints a picture of wanting to leave, by seeking a move to another club and running down his contract, and when your club makes it clear they're willing to do anything to keep him, people will think he stayed because you gave him everything.

Nobody forced PSG to be so commited to renewing him, nobody forced them to extend this process to the last minute, nobody forced them not to draw a line for the player. There is a risk, a reward, a tradeoff. The reward is keeping the talented player, the risk is that the process conveys a negative image.

Is it possible that Mbappe stayed at PSG purely because of the love of the game? Of course. But if he'd renewed in September 2021, I and most people would be much more likely to believe that. He didn't, so we don't. Simple as that.

Last edited:

cyberman

The answer is simple: PSG offered him more money than that. We know that's possible because PSG 1) has basically unlimited amounts of money, and 2) made it very clear publicly that they were willing to do everything humanly possible to keep Mbappe.

This is the issue, Sayros: the context. When the player paints a picture of wanting to leave, by seeking a move to another club and running down his contract, and when your club makes it clear they're willing to do anything to keep him, people will think he stayed because you gave him everything.

This is a situation PSG created. Nobody forced the club not to draw a very public line somewhere with regards to the player. Nobody forced them to try and sign him until the last minute. There is a risk, a reward, a tradeoff. The reward is keeping the talented player, the risk is that the process conveys a negative image.

Is it possible that Mbappe stayed at PSG purely because of the love of the game? Of course. But if he'd renewed in September 2021, I and most people would be much more likely to believe that. He didn't, so we don't. Simple as that.
This falls apart when Madrid fans told us you were selling players to find Mbappes wages. His wage may not as been disgusting as it is now but it wouldn’t have been far off so Madrid, and Spain, lose the moral high ground here.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?

Nobody forced PSG to be so commited to renewing him, nobody forced them to extend this process to the last minute, nobody forced them not to draw a line for the player. There is a risk, a reward, a tradeoff. The reward is keeping the talented player, the risk is that the process conveys a negative image.

This risk vs reward of the process thing just sounds like a rationalisation. It just sounds like you’re a bit sore about someone leading you on and choosing someone else. Which is to be expected.

Iker Quesadillas

Supports
Real Madrid
This falls apart when Madrid fans told us you were selling players to find Mbappes wages. His wage may not as been disgusting as it is now but it wouldn’t have been far off so Madrid, and Spain, lose the moral high ground here.
I can't speak for other RM fans but I don't think I have been saying that because I don't think it's true or that it even makes sense if you look at the numbers.
We've continued to add people with high wages to the squad, like David Alaba and possibly Antonio Rudiger. We've made renewal offers to many players, such as Ramos (who ultimately left), Varane, Vazquez, Nacho, and I believe Asensio and Ceballos. The players we haven't made offers to are ones who contribute little to the squad now, such as Marcelo, Isco, and Bale. The only important player we've sold in years is Varane, who wanted to leave the club. All the other sales are young players, many of them youth products, who were out on loans previously; most of never had more than one season with the first team.

Our squad is not financially conditioned by Mbappe, I don't think. His impact was more on the sporting side, in having a thin attacking roster in expectation that he joined. But even this is not exactly true, as the attacking roster is thin because of the absolute failure of the Jovic and Hazard transfers (a +200m investment that has offered zero return).

This risk vs reward of the process thing just sounds like a rationalisation.
It's not a rationalization, it's a completely normal process that happens all the time. It applies to Real Madrid too. Nobody forced Real Madrid not to draw a line with Mbappe. They took the risk because they wanted a star player on a free, it didn't pay off, now they must deal with the consequences both on the pitch (no reward, don't have the player) and off it (the criticism, which are they are getting to some extent from both fans and press).

Another example is when Ronaldo announced in 2018 after the CL final that he wanted to leave the club. He had a long contract at the time, we did the opposite, let him go for Juventus who paid a big fee. The situation there was inverted, the rewards were off the pitch (avoid drama, look good on transfer market by moving on an old player for a huge fee, 'no player bigger than the club', etc.) but the risk was on the pitch (lose the star player of your team). Got the rewards, and the risk fully materialized into scoring 20-30 less goals per season for a few years.

Last edited:

RG77

Supports
Real Madrid
Ugh, I get people being all over this news at first (including me). But tbh I’m done with this all, he is staying at PSG and that is that. Hope everyone from the club (fans/players/personnel) just move on and stfu about this. No need for this stuff. Focus on ourself.