Kylian Mbappe signs new contract at PSG until 2025 | LaLiga will file a complaint

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
I hope opposition fans don't use this to "insult" him. Would go a long way to normalize this if a world class player was openly bisexual.
You're comment is insulting. It doesn't make a man bisexual if he is in a relationship with a transgender woman, because she is a woman.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I said if he doesn't shy away from it, than it is a great initiative (maybe my English is weak, but I meant precedent or doesn't feel embarassed to admit or staying behind the closet or being brave enough, whatever is the word).

Basically what I meant, if it is true and he doesn't shy away from openly confessing that he is dating a transwoman while playing in a overtly masculine and homo/transphobic environment that football dressing room, training ground and football game/fan environment is, it would be a great initiative (whatever the appropriate word is).
Honestly the biggest issue is that she is older than he is.

arthurka

Quite a number of people, or it wouldn't be news. I've really never understood this attitude...just because one person doesn't find something newsworthy or of interest doesn't mean that the rest of the world also shouldn't.
He is a footballer, who or what he dates it's non of my fecking business. Just hope he is happy in his life.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
I said if he doesn't shy away from it, than it is a great initiative (maybe my English is weak, but I meant precedent or doesn't feel embarassed to admit or staying behind the closet or being brave enough, whatever is the word).

Basically what I meant, if it is true and he doesn't shy away from openly confessing that he is dating a transwoman while playing in a overtly masculine and homo/transphobic environment that football dressing room, training ground and football game/fan environment is, it would be a great initiative (whatever the appropriate word is).
This thought process presents a problem in itself. You're making the mistake of assuming masculinity and homophobia are synonymous with each other, which isn't true, not to mention unfair. It might have been true 30/40 years ago, but not in 2022.

If we left these two alone to enjoy their private lives without hassle from the media who insist on covering every ounce of their relationship, they'd be a lot happier.

Gee Male

Unfortunately that's not true at all. A very large amount of people do care about your sexual preferences whether we are talking about gender, ethnicity or religion. That's largely why these things are in the media.
Who has sexual preferences based on religion? What a strange thing to get the horn over.

JPRouve

Scout
10 year age gap? Nice
Ah that can also lead to trolling I remember absolutely hideous and stupid trolling that Priyanka Chopra got when she married/was dating Nick Jones.
Not that it's a terrible thing but I'm more surprised by a young successful and good looking person dating someone far from their age. Now in this case it's also because I have seen here in the past and in my mind she is fairly mainstream and post op, so the transgender part is an afterthought.

JPRouve

Scout
Who has sexual preferences based on religion? What a strange thing to get the horn over.
Many people have preferences for others when it comes to dating or even sex and that includes the religion of each parties. Many people are way too nosy.

Lord SInister

where grasses are green and girls are pretty
This thought process presents a problem in itself. You're making the mistake of assuming masculinity and homophobia are synonymous with each other, which isn't true, not to mention unfair. It might have been true 30/40 years ago, but not in 2022.

If we left these two alone to enjoy their private lives without hassle from the media who insist on covering every ounce of their relationship, they'd be a lot happier.

I should stop using paragraphs and words which is basically leading to my point being misjudged :lol: . Again when I said masculinity, I meant the toxic masculinity mentally where anyone not acting manly as per the set of masculinity frat boys rules is mocked by so called manly man.

And yes ofcourse it should not our business who Mbappe is dating, but what I meant if he as a popular footballer is dating a transwoman than it would make many people who are attracted to transwoman but do not admit it due to being feared of being mocked, will feel more brave. I know that shouldn't be happening in the world, where we need a popular man to date a transwoman to have more acceptance but that is how world is.

I hope I haven't misconstructed my thoughts again by my not so eloquent english:lol: dammit I should just stop writing :lol:

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid

Yes, that's much better. And yes, Mbappé not shying away from the story could be good, though ultimately, it's their own life and they're entitled to their privacy. It's also a thin line to walk between publicly acknowledging he's dating a trans woman and turning it into a spectacle - deliberately drawing attention to it...

What she wants and what she is fine with is what matters here

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Agree and disagree with this. Agree with the point you are making, but disagree based on the specific context. I might be wrong, but i believe toxic masculinity and homophobia go hand in hand when it comes to team sports. It's also why i don't think this news does much to help LGBT+ footballers
Btw what’s a transwoman? Is it a post op woman? If so then why call her a trans woman and not a woman.
A woman who was assigned male at birth

FrankFoot

Supports
Neutral
The quote tweets are very wild.

He is getting roasted by fans from other clubs, not surprising at all though.

It's gonna be worse on the pitch while playing away.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
I should stop using paragraphs and words which is basically leading to my point being misjudged :lol: . Again when I said masculinity, I meant the toxic masculinity mentally where anyone not acting manly as per the set of masculinity frat boys rules is mocked by so called manly man.

And yes ofcourse it should not our business who Mbappe is dating, but what I meant if he as a popular footballer is dating a transwoman than it would make many people who are attracted to transwoman but do not admit it due to being feared of being mocked, will feel more brave. I know that shouldn't be happening in the world, where we need a popular man to date a transwoman to have more acceptance but that is how world is.

I hope I haven't misconstructed my thoughts again by my not so eloquent english:lol: dammit I should just stop writing :lol:
Your English is fine, dude. Stop apologizing for it. You don't know bad English until you've read a whatsapp convo between me and a friend at 3 in the morning after a night on the sauce :p

Agree and disagree with this. Agree with the point you are making, but disagree based on the specific context. I might be wrong, but i believe toxic masculinity and homophobia go hand in hand when it comes to team sports. It's also why i don't think this news does much to help LGBT+ footballers

A woman who was assigned male at birth
What is toxic masculinity, exactly?

*edit*

Nevermind, I looked it up.

Toxic masculinity involves cultural pressures for men to behave in a certain way. And it’s likely this affects all boys and men in some fashion. Toxic masculinity refers to the notion that some people’s idea of “manliness” perpetuates domination, homophobia, and aggression. This idea that men need to act tough and avoid showing all emotions can be harmful to their mental health and can have serious consequences for society, which is how it became known as “toxic masculinity.”

Let me ask you a different question, how do you determine acceptable masculinity from toxic masculinity?

cyberman

I'm confused, did he just come out as gay?
Yeah, if she didn’t have her bits chopped off but looked exactly the same would he be with her? It seems like a technicality. Does he go as far as really effeminate men? Love and be who you want to be with by the way.
(Not afraid to say I dont understand it but I do respect it before I’m jumped on by the moral police, my digging in during the Chappelle saga should buy me some credit!)

Sara125

The chants are gonna be insufferable. Hope Mbappe carries on doing him regardless and doesn’t let it affect his play.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Let me ask you a different question, how do you determine acceptable masculinity from toxic masculinity?
How you treat others. Simple as that. For example, misoginy is arguably the most common form of toxic masculinity. Homophobia too, usually(but not always)

TenonTen

Supports
Neutral
Seems like Guti was well ahead of the curve, eh?!

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
How you treat others. Simple as that. For example, misoginy is arguably the most common form of toxic masculinity. Homophobia too, usually(but not always)
So don't be like every Redcafe matchday thread that ever existed. Okay, I got you. Thanks for the advice.

@Random Task

You are currently in L.A.?
I'm from Chester, England. The greatest place on earth. Kind of.

I mean, we definitely have the best cobblestone paths in the whole wide world, that's for sure.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic

Tbh I doubt they care. In the same way Beckham can get paid millions for the adverts about the latest World Cup while also believing in women and gay rights.

People can quite easily put aside any personal beliefs when it comes to business.
I said secretly, so chances are, personally they are not supportive of it. But yeah what you see will always be different of course, they will support anything that helps with good PR.

ilrm

Supports
Real Madrid
This comment is very insulting
You're comment is insulting. It doesn't make a man bisexual if he is in a relationship with a transgender woman, because she is a woman.
I googled and it seems he has dated biological women before … so I’m confused - why are you accusing me of being anti-trans? I support this and even said that this was a great thing for LGBT.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
I googled and it seems he has dated biological women before … so I’m confused - why are you accusing me of being anti-trans? I support this and even said that this was a great thing for LGBT.
you can be with a transwoman and still be heterosexual.

ilrm

Supports
Real Madrid
you can be with a transwoman and still be heterosexual.
I guessed I’m still learning the terms and logics … I’ll stay out of the discussion till then. Just wanted to voice my support.

FriedClams

Does the article state that Mbappe knows she is trans? If so, then can be an amazing step forward. If they aren’t together in a few weeks, then it sets the community back a long way.

Dempsey19

Em due to simple biology he isn't a woman though. Pretty sure he has XY chromosomes. Even me writing such sentence sounds bananas. It's a man that looks/dresses/feels/identifies as a woman. He has had his bits and pieces removed. You're either born male or female.

The world is gotten out of hand.

Btw I have absolutely no problems with trans people, I support whatever they want to do.

But don't try and say a man is a woman and vica versa.

I've probably opened up a can of worms here but just because my views on this subject are different to yours doesn't me that I'm anti this or that or I'm trying to be insulting. We just have different views.