Kylian Mbappe

croadyman

Not that I see it happening in a million years but how do we fund his exorbitant wages

antk

Seriously. Yes, he's perfectly within his rights not to continue at PSG, if he doesn't want to. But he can't talk as if this does not create a situation that more or less forces a sale this summer. Because frankly it obviously does, and to pretend otherwise, which he does in his statement, is just bullshit. That's all.
PSG didn't want to (and ultimately didn't) sell him in 2021 when he already had only a year left on his contract. I don't see how his contract ending in 2024 now "forces a sale this summer".

PSG didn't want to (and ultimately didn't) sell him in 2021 when he already had only a year left on his contract. I don't see how his contract ending in 2024 now "forces a sale this summer".
I like how the media pretends PSG & City are real clubs that actually give two shits about losing a player on a free.

dinostar77

They've just paid 100 million for Bellingham and will likely sign Mbappe as well this summer for well over 100 million, hardly finding young talent is it. When they want a star they go and sign one, history tells us that.
They are signing players younger who could go onto become 'galacticos', for lack of a better word. But there is no guarentee.

It remains to be seen if the new policy is a success. Madrid of old would have signed Salah, Debryne etc.

Personally i think replacing such a legendary midfield (kroos, modric and casemiro) will be harder than just buying very promising young midfielders, but if anyone can pull it off its perez.

redshaw

Yeah the president would call him to stay :lol: Who believes this shit?
It was well reported at the time. There was seemingly a lot of pressure to stay as a French icon and the build up to the Qatar WC. He signed a small extension and now we're back to square one whether he will stay or not.

Lee565

As good as mbappe is, I would much rather have haaland based on the baggage mbappe brings to a club ego, his wages are astronomical and disruptive within a dressing room and he is constantly pulling this bs of threatening to walk on a free for a 2nd time now and he demands too much player power within the club

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
As good as mbappe is, I would much rather have haaland based on the baggage mbappe brings to a club ego, his wages are astronomical and disruptive within a dressing room and he is constantly pulling this bs of threatening to walk on a free for a 2nd time now and he demands too much player power within the club
I see people mentioning that but outside of a rumour that didn't materialize what is the base of that?

El Zoido

Why would he want to come and join another project, another work in progress? If it was about money he’d stay at PSG. He’s got the pick of any club in the world so why would he come to United at this moment in time? And I don’t want to hear about Madrid having a “bad season”, give over. They’ll challenge for if not win La Liga next season and still be in CL semi final again at least.

zaafi

Why would he want to come and join another project, another work in progress? If it was about money he’d stay at PSG. He’s got the pick of any club in the world so why would he come to United at this moment in time? And I don’t want to hear about Madrid having a “bad season”, give over. They’ll challenge for if not win La Liga next season and still be in CL semi final again at least.
I think most clubs other than Bayern, City and maybe Barca are a work in progress/project.

Real are buying a lot of young talents, but we don't know how well they're going to develop or if they'll even glue. They are also losing Benzema so will be hard to replace, and I'm not sure Mbappé wants that spot.
Bayern aren't going to buy him, City just bought Grealish for £100m and is a typical Pep player, and Barca can't afford him.

It really isn't entirely unlikely he'll end with us, assuming Qatar wins the bid.

dinostar77

I think most clubs other than Bayern, City and maybe Barca are a work in progress/project.

Real are buying a lot of young talents, but we don't know how well they're going to develop or if they'll even glue. They are also losing Benzema so will be hard to replace, and I'm not sure Mbappé wants that spot.
Bayern aren't going to buy him, City just bought Grealish for £100m and is a typical Pep player, and Barca can't afford him.

It really isn't entirely unlikely he'll end with us, assuming Qatar wins the bid.
Theres 0% chance if mbappe joining a team who have a rundown stadium, havent won the league in a decade and not won the CL for 15 years i.e. us.

He's going madrid and nowhere else. You could bet your mortgage on lt.

skenderbeg

Supports
Real Madrid
Once again, today Macron told to RMC Sport that he will push Mbappe to stay. Corruption and bribery from the very top.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
They talked doesn’t mean “the president put pressure on me to stay and my family felt scared..”
No but why on earth would a President otherwise intervene

Cloud7

Shall we have a walk down the street and ask Pep if he feels like sending Haaland over to the red side?

I imagine Haaland is playing for free at City as well?

jesperjaap

Find it interesting everybody mentioning the huge wages he is on and it maybe being prohibitive....and the overall cost, yet barely seen similar comment on Kane, when the net cost would probably be similar.

Kane would be 30 here, fees of £90m odd mentioned and you would think he would be somewhere along a £350k a week contract. You woulo dhave to think by the time a contract is gettign near the end.....there is no sell on value and he may even be retiring. If he was on a 5year contract that would be about £180m to have Kane here in total.

Mbappe on £800k a week and a £160m fee is about £360m so twice the price, but he is 24. If he was sold in 3/4years for example, you would think a transfer fee would still be around £180m, so its still the same cost with sell on value.

Kane is world class, Mbappe is one of the very few players I think can be labelled "generational", the interest, exposure and money he probably brings in would be huge.

Not saying we should sign either but do find it strange some of the differing opinions on targets. Kane is old but would be a great signing when Mbappe is too expensive. Caicedo is "already a good player with great potential you are paying for".....yet Rice is over priced.

Not saying one is better than the other, but in both cases the other player has more experience of big games and the costs are similar, is it personal preference these kind of statement?

skenderbeg

Supports
Real Madrid
Feels weird when it's not you right
Give me one example when it was "us". Robben, Robinho, Di Maria, Ozil, even Benzema this year put us in difficult position with 1 year remaining. We even let the greatest ever to go when he wanted. Or you are just triggered because Qataris are on your door so you need to be defansive about their bribery of whole Fr country? Soon you will start to justify it i guess.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Give me one example when it was "us". Robben, Robinho, Di Maria, Ozil, even Benzema this year put us in difficult position with 1 year remaining. We even let the greatest ever to go when he wanted. Or you are just triggered because Qataris are on your door so you need to be defansive about their bribery of whole Fr country? Soon you will start to justify it i guess.
Give it a rest :lol:

Has the king of Spain ever done anything to help you?

RedStarUnited

What do you think the wages of a player who cost 145m raising to 180m would be? If not astronomical.

If you are getting a player who's the closest thing to Messi/Ronaldo levels of performance at 24, you just put up with whatever he comes with. There isnt many of these guys around.

wr8_utd

:'(
Honestly, I hope PSG hold out vs Madrid or take them to the cleaners. After everything Madrid have done over the years, especially with Ronaldo between 2006 and 2008, PSG giving it to Madrid gives me immense joy. Hope Macron and Co convince him to turn Madrid down again.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
PSG won't sell to Real or Real don't have the money ?

Both United and PSG owned by Qatar and hence a transfer to United with a release clause in couple of years ?

Uniteds new owners get a statement signing, PSG didn't sell him to Madrid and they get a fees ?

Win win for everyone actually.

skenderbeg

Supports
Real Madrid
Give it a rest :lol:

Has the king of Spain ever done anything to help you?
Jumping from argument to argument? Cant give me any example? King of Spain is just symbolic role, title. Macron is president of France. Cant compare. And this is happening in real time. Just scratch a little bit of accusations against El Khelaifi and Qataris, you will see that is something much bigger. And why first person of country have their back, "pushing" Kylian to stay again is just his chore. We cant justify that things today in European football.

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
Looks like Macron will get involved again, try to convince him to stay.

Kinda bizarre that the president of the country is doing this, but it is what it is.

Seij

Honestly, this is not really a topic of any worth for United.

The man only has his googly eyes for Real Madrid. He only stayed at PSG last summer because they threw a mind-blowing amount of money at him, got the sporting director he wanted, and the freaking French president got involved. Even with all that, he was only willing to sign a 2-year contract because he wants Real so badly.

0% he's coming to any premier league club. Not even 0.1%.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Madrid has always been the club he’s pined and that’s where he’ll end up - this summer or the next.

GazTheLegend

Once again, today Macron told to RMC Sport that he will push Mbappe to stay. Corruption and bribery from the very top.
This is why states funding clubs needs to be a practice that fecking dies. That sort of influence is absolutely and utterly ridiculous. Imagine Boris Johnson pushing to keep Kane at Spurs. What a joke football is right now.

Also note "hey French peasants, you all have to work until you're 64 now. But on the plus side I've been bribed to keep a French footballer here in Paris so why don't you vote for me!"

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Jumping from argument to argument? Cant give me any example? King of Spain is just symbolic role, title. Macron is president of France. Cant compare. And this is happening in real time. Just scratch a little bit of accusations against El Khelaifi and Qataris, you will see that is something much bigger. And why first person of country have their back, "pushing" Kylian to stay again is just his chore. We cant justify that things today in European football.
What are you talking about jumping from argument to argument? You're bringing up the Qatari's in a discussion that has nothing to do with them.

You know the whole thing started as a bit of a joke but now I can see what the joke is. So defensive aren't you.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
While it's annoying that the idiots can't shut up. People should keep in mind that the FFF and LFP have a vested interest in keeping french star players in France.

LuckyScout78

I don't believe it will be another France man that will make such a big impact at United.

There was a time. The first french guy and player. That came to United. And totally running the show. The only and only king Eric Cantona.

So is the prince coming?

Just a last kick from his teammates Muani. That would made Mbappe 2 times world champion. We are talking about Messi and Ronaldo level. A player that is on a GOAT path...and if you have a chance to sign him and he will come to Old Trafford....how can you say no to this?

It is Mbappen top ball control on top speed. Like Messi and Ronaldo at theirs peak. Not only as a goalscorer. But the close controld and combination football = world class level. Clearly as day.

croadyman

I don't believe it will be another France man that will make such a big impact at United.

There was a time. The first french guy and player. That came to United. And totally running the show. The only and only king Eric Cantona.

So is the prince coming?

Just a last kick from his teammates Muani. That would made Mbappe 2 times world champion. We are talking about Messi and Ronaldo level. A player that is on a GOAT path...and if you have a chance to sign him and he will come to Old Trafford....how can you say no to this?

It is Mbappen top ball control on top speed. Like Messi and Ronaldo at theirs peak. Not only as a goalscorer. But the close controld and combination football = world class level. Clearly as day.
He has even less chance of pulling on a Utd shirt than De Jong which says it all