Supports
Liverpool
Diego Alves keeping up his 50% (ish) penalty save record tonight :D

Sevilla should get Denis Suárez on.

CLARiiON

Mes que un Gloryhunter
Supports
Barcelona
Alves' 15th penalty save?? Anyone got latest stats on that? He has saved penalties for everyone. I think he has close to 50% save record if I recall correctly.

Bob Loblaw

Supports
Liverpool
Alves' 15th penalty save?? Anyone got latest stats on that? He has saved penalties for everyone. I think he has close to 50% save record if I recall correctly.
He's faced 39 penalties and only 19 of them have been scored (so I guess 5 were off target if he's saved 15)

Cait Sith

So much hype about Deulofeu but apart from some neat dribbles here and there he looks a totally unimpressive footballer. Taking his Everton time into account as well.

Skorenzy

He's faced 39 penalties and only 19 of them have been scored (so I guess 5 were off target if he's saved 15)
He's faced 39 penalties in Spanish football (all comps), only 19 of them resulted in a goal, of the 20 that didn't go in he saved 18, one hit the woodwork, the other went wide. So 18/39 means a 46% save ratio.

prarek

He's faced 39 penalties in Spanish football (all comps), only 19 of them resulted in a goal, of the 20 that didn't go in he saved 18, one hit the woodwork, the other went wide. So 18/39 means a 46% save ratio.
That's insane.

CLARiiON

Mes que un Gloryhunter
Supports
Barcelona
How much is Valencia up in terms of points compared to last season till this game?

prarek

Valencia still looking to attack. I love this attitude. Oh and Sevilla are always fun to watch, win or lose.

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
Some aftermath from tonight's match. Carlos Bacca, who scored Sevilla's penalty says Alves, the Valencia keeper, insulted him after he scored, calling him, "colombiano de mierda" (f-ing/shit Colombian).

Alves denies it, he says Bacca's just upset because he missed another penalty later in the match.

The video footage isn't clearcut of course, but the players certainly spoke to one another after the goal. Though if Bacca was really angry/upset it's not obvious because after the second penalty (the one he missed) he seems to congratulate Alves on the save. Doubtless the additional camera angles and the lipreaders will be out tomorrow.

Matchday 21 - 31 Jan - Moyes' Bernabeu debut

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
After a week of fun and games in the Copa and the disciplinary committee, it's football time again.

The Atletico players who were sent off mid-week will serve their suspensions in next season's Copa del Rey. Arda Turan will not be getting any kind of ban - the ref said he threw his boot off the pitch, and chose not to suggest it was rather close to the linesman.

Fri 30 Jan 2015 - Spanish La Liga (all times are UK)
Rayo Vallecano v Deportivo de La Coruña 19:45

Sat 31 Jan 2015 - Spanish La Liga
Real Madrid v Real Sociedad 15:00
Eibar v Atl Madrid 17:00
Granada CF v Elche 19:00
Celta de Vigo v Córdoba 21:00

Sun 1 Feb 2015 - Spanish La Liga
Levante v Ath Bilbao 11:00
Almería v Getafe 16:00
Sevilla v Espanyol 18:00
Barcelona v Villarreal 20:00

Mon 2 Feb 2015 - Spanish La Liga
Málaga v Valencia 19:45

Wed 4 Feb 2015 - Spanish La Liga
Real Madrid v Sevilla 19:45

Real Madrid lost 4-2 at Real Sociedad earlier in the season, having been two goals up. On that occasion Ronaldo was out through injury, this time he's suspended. It's expected that Ancelotti will try out his 442 and bring Illarra in to play alongside Kroos. Depending on how the game goes, Jese should get some minutes and Lucas Silva should make his debut.

Also making his Bernabeu debut is David Moyes. Real Sociedad shouldn't get anything out of the game, but it's football so who knows.

Eibar shouldn't get anything out of Atletico either, not according to the laws of football finance and status. However Eibar are having a good season, and Atletico had a hard week. Gabi's suspended (5 yellows - 1 game ban), otherwise Atletico are expected to be close to full strength, though there are doubts over Arda.

Barca V Villareal looks like the best contest of the weekend, but with Barca's form since Christmas, and playing at home, it's hard to see much in it for Villareal.

Shakira gave birth to her and Pique's second child last night. Busquets is expected to sign a new, much improved, contract in the next week or so. Mathieu (and now Xavi) has confirmed that there were a "few words exchanged" between Enriques and Messi in training a few weeks ago, but that it was no big deal and all is well between them now.

Last edited:

Vato

Watches other men wank.Supports Real.Coincidence?
Supports
Real Madrid
Excited to see Jese start and hopefully we'll see Silva make his debut too, I wonder what role he'll get.

Bob Loblaw

Supports
Liverpool
Excited to see Jese start and hopefully we'll see Silva make his debut too, I wonder what role he'll get.
Jesé won't start, I don't think so anyway. Ancelotti apparently said that you'll defend in a 4-4-2 and attack in a 3 (Bale left, James right). But not 100% sure those quotes are legit, maybe someone can verify.

Vato

Watches other men wank.Supports Real.Coincidence?
Supports
Real Madrid
Jesé won't start, I don't think so anyway. Ancelotti apparently said that you'll defend in a 4-4-2 and attack in a 3 (Bale left, James right). But not 100% sure those quotes are legit, maybe someone can verify.
Would be a shame, he really deserves game time now.

Ekeke

With Valencia's form (5 wins and a draw in the last 6) the best in the league at present, I think we can safely say Nuno has been Valencia's best manager since Emery and is likely to see them through in 4th place just above Sevilla and Villarreal

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Yeah i also think Valência will get 4th place. Valência's board has already renewed his contract, so although still early stages, they must be pleased with his work.

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Cmon Moyes boys give us a good game :D