La Liga - 2014/15

Skorenzy

Sergio Sánchez' defending on that last goal was utterly inept. He literally moves away from Chicharito and Cristiano :lol:

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
I think that the title can be decided next weekend.Celta-Madrid and the catalan derby.After that Madrid has to go to Sevilla and Barsa in Cordoba.
Deportivo lost easily and Griezmann scored a good goal.I think that they need 3 points advantage to avoid relegation.The last game is in Camp nou where they won't have a choice.Cristiano has reached di Stefano with 216 goals in la liga (Raul 228) and is the fifth player(from the main leagues) reaching 300 goals in league(216+84 in England. It seems that Ancelotti's future will be decided against Atletico playing 4-4-2,the system that he probably always wanted.Hopefully Modric will be able to play

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I think that the title can be decided next weekend.Celta-Madrid and the catalan.After that Madrid has to go to Sevilla and Barsa in Cordoba.
Deportivo lost easily and Griezmann scored a good goal.I think that they need 3 points advantage to avoid relegation.The last game is in Camp nou where they won't have a choice.Cristiano has reached di Stefano with 216 goals in la liga (Raul 228) and is the fifth player(from the main leagues) reaching 300 goals in league(216+84 in England. It seems that Ancelotti's future will be decided against Atletico playing 4-4-2,the system that he probably always wanted.Hopefully Modric will be able to play
Don't barca have to go to atleti later on? Far from being decided IMO

Hard to see barca winning there so it may be advantage Madrid

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Don't barca have to go to atleti later on? Far from being decided IMO

Hard to see barca winning there so it may be advantage Madrid
I mean that Madrid can lose points in sevilla and the diference would be again 4 points(I suppose that Barcelona will win easy).Maybe Espanyol makes us a favor :)

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
True, Barca would probably come to regret missing all those chances at the end of the last El Clasico.
Just saw the fixture and both teams have tough games. Madrid have Seville away and Valencia at home. Barca have espanyol away, Córdoba away and atletico away. Should be fun.

Cal?

CR7 fan
Just saw the fixture and both teams have tough games. Madrid have Seville away and Valencia at home. Barca have espanyol away, Córdoba away and atletico away. Should be fun.
It's getting quite tight and whoever has the tougher game in the next round of the CL (if Madrid go thru) could be a deciding factor.

Skorenzy

True, Barca would probably come to regret missing all those chances at the end of the last El Clasico.
That, and letting Sevilla get back from two goals down which cost them their safety net (4-point lead) for the Atléti game.

Barça:
21.04.2015 - PSG (H) - Champs Lge (3-1a agg. lead) - might consider resting Messi however unlikely that this will actually happen
25.04.2015 - Espanyol (A) - tricky, derby game, Espanyol with an excellent home record (6th best in the league) & recent form (0 defeats in 6, only 3 goals conceded)
28.04.2015 - Getafe (H)
02.05.2015 - Córdoba (A) - RM struggled big time here, but shouldn't be too great a problem (even tho Barça's away performances this season have been poor in La Liga)
10.05.2015 - Real Sociedad (H) - if this were at Anoeta they'd 've been screwed, but it's not so should be straightforward
17.05.2015 - Atlético (A) - very likely the decider (once again), ...who even knows?
24.05.2015 - Deportivo (H) - saved the easiest for last
30.05.2015 - Athletic (N) - Copa del Rey Final

Real Madrid:
22.04.2015 - Atlético (H) - Champs Lge (0-0a agg. lead) - a lot of things pointing in Atléti's favour, but I feel as if they're running out of steam like they did last season and they will once again lose the one that matters most against their neighbours
26.04.2015 - Celta (A) - rather tricky, although the first meeting was very straightforward
29.04.2015 - Almería (H) - they might as well re-broadcast the game against Granada instead
02.05.2015 - Sevilla (A) - huge game, Sevilla only side in La Liga that's unbeaten at home (even in all comps) but a lot could depend on their potential progress to the Europa Lge SFs (and RM's in the CL)
10.02.2015 - Valencia (H) - another huge one, likely to come down to details
17.05.2015 - Espanyol (A)
24.05.2015 - Getafe (H)

If RM get full points out of Celta (A), Sevilla (A) and Valencia (H) then I'd make them favourites.

Bob Loblaw

Supports
Liverpool
Modrić is apparently out for 5 or 6 weeks. That's Madrid's season in tatters now, huge blow if it's confirmed.

Sean_RedDevil

Twitter bot
I really thought one of Barca or Real Madrid wouldn't win today because Valencia & Malaga aren't of course average teams and such games are never easy between CL games.

Atletico might gift Barca the win if they have nothing to play for?
I think they'll fight with at least one of Valencia or FC Sevilla for a CL group stage place til the last matchday.
Pretty impressive

I would love to have him at Old Trafford

PvsNP

Modrić is apparently out for 5 or 6 weeks. That's Madrid's season in tatters now, huge blow if it's confirmed.
Bale is rumoured to be out for two weeks and Benzema is a doubt for the derby. That means no Modric, Bale, Benzema and Marcelo. Atletico should be able to see this through.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Can I upload in this thread a photo from the stadium the other day? or I have to do it in "I want your pics" thread?

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
Can I upload in this thread a photo from the stadium the other day? or I have to do it in "I want your pics" thread?
Difficult to answer exactly without knowing what it is a photo of.

"I want your pics" in the General forum is basically for pictures of yourself, or of you with friends.

If it's of general football/Liga interest then it can go in here.

Bob Loblaw

Supports
Liverpool
Poor Iker. He's far from his best but it's a joke how much he gets blamed for. Some Madrid media are blaming him for Modrić's injury now too...

Matchday 33 -25 Apr: Barcelona derby and No European hangovers

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Barcelona - 78 points; Real Madrid 76; Atletico 69; Valencia 65; Sevilla 63; Villareal 52; Malaga 46. All of them have played 32 games.

At the bottom: Almeria 25; Granada 25; Cordoba 20
Almeria's 25 includes a 3 point deduction from FIFA (for failing to pay an instalment on a transfer fee, a charge that they are appealing)
They are are chasing Deportivo 28; Levante 29 and Eibar on 31.

Tonight
Córdoba-Athletic (20:45 - all times Spain, so that's 7:45 UK)

Saturday
Espanyol-Barcelona (16:00)
Atlético-Elche (18:00)
Getafe-Levante (20:00)
Real Sociedad-Villarreal (22:00)

Sunday
Málaga-Deportivo (12:00)
Almería-Eibar (17:00)
Sevilla-Rayo (19:00)
Celta-Real Madrid (21:00)

Monday
Valencia-Granada (20:45)

Barca are 9 games away from a treble, Messi's on form and the front three are starting to look like a unit. As always in a European week concentration/tiredness can play a part, but away to Espanyol the chances are they will have no problem focussing on the job. That said, Espanyol are nobody's pushover, especially at home to Barca. We shall see.

Atletico will be glad to be at the Calderon. Elche are unlikely to be glad to be there.

Level on points with Espanyol are Celta, who are also nobody's pushover at home. They beat Atletico 2-0 earlier in the season and Barca were lucky to get a 0-1 win there. With Madrid's injury list, any CL hangover will cost them points. In fact if Barca do drop any points against Espanyol, it would not be a surprise if Madrid fail to take advantage.

Last edited:

Skorenzy

Barca are 9 games away from a treble, Messi's out of form and the front three are starting to look like a unit. As always in a European week concentration/tiredness can play a part, but away to Espanyol the chances are they will have no problem focussing on the job. That said, Espanyol are nobody's pushover, especially at home to Barca. We shall see.

Atletico will be glad to be at the Calderon. Elche are unlikely to be glad to be there.

Level on points with Espanyol are Celta, who are also nobody's pushover at home. They beat Atletico 2-0 earlier in the season and Barca were lucky to get a 0-1 win there. With Madrid's injury list, any CL hangover will cost them points. In fact if Barca do drop any points against Espanyol, it would not be a surprise if Madrid fail to take advantage.
It's his worst spell of the season at the moment, ever since the 2nd leg v City and picking up that knock from Demichelís.

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
It's his worst spell of the season at the moment, ever since the 2nd leg v City and picking up that knock from Demichelís.
Hmmm, maybe, but I don't quite see it like that. In front of goal of course I'd agree, but that's not really been his thing all season for whatever reason. Everything else he looks good at. Arguably the fact he's lost his goal touch has contributed to making that front three work better, because he's concentrating on keeping defenders busy by using Suarez and Neymar. It'll make for an interesting run in.

Skorenzy

Hmmm, maybe, but I don't quite see it like that. In front of goal of course I'd agree, but that's not really been his thing all season for whatever reason. Everything else he looks good at. Arguably the fact he's lost his goal touch has contributed to making that front three work better, because he's concentrating on keeping defenders busy by using Suarez and Neymar. It'll make for an interesting run in.
Nah, it's not even remotely about his (relative) goalscoring slump, but just his overall penetrative skill set (his dribbling and final pass) that has become increasingly erratic since then. Against Sevilla he struggled hugely with Krychowiak and Otamendi dominated him in their 1v1s in the Valencia game... Then mid-week David Luiz got the better of him a couple of times in such ways that indicate to me that something's not right physically. On the playmaking front he's also cut down quite a bit, playing more of a controlling role instead of attempting to thread the ball through from deep (his trademark R to L diagonal to the LB/LW for example hasn't really come off in a while).

Skorenzy

Espanyol: Casilla; Arbilla, Álvaro, Héctor Moreno, Rubén Duarte; Cañas, Abraham; Lucas Vázquez, Víctor Álvarez, Sergio García y Caicedo

Barça: Bravo; Alves, Piqué, Mascherano, Jordi Alba; Busquets, Rafinha , Iniesta; Messi, Luis Suárez y Neymar

Espanyol won't be pushovers.

Skorenzy

Great start from Barça, with Messi looking a lot sharper than in recent weeks, already created two good chances... one a 1v1 for Neymar saved by Kiko Casilla, the other a header from Suárez straight at said goalie.