La Liga - 2014/15

Skorenzy

Wow, some through ball from Messi (he's already created more chances in 15 mins of this game than in his last 2-3 games combined) and Neymar misses a sitter... incredible, although to be fair he was on the stretch a little bit.

Skorenzy

Brilliant team goal, 1-0 Barça. Messi with the ball over the top from deep, for Alba who cuts it back first time on the volley, Suárez with the dummy (or even a slight flick?) and Neymar tucks it home.

ottosec

That Barca attack is disgusting. Can't remember a better attack in recent times. They seem to really click lately and they will only get better!

Skorenzy

Again, wow. Espanyol haven't even done much wrong so far, but Barça (and Messi especially) just dominating them. Very tight angle for the finish. Do think Suárez was offside though, but yet another assist for him as well.

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
Then mid-week David Luiz got the better of him a couple of times in such ways that indicate to me that something's not right physically.
I'd agree with that, but I don't think that's down to injury. I think he is conserving his energy in a lot of matches and playing in bursts. He's certainly inactive, playing at walking pace for stretches of games. Whether that's necessity or just the reality that there are games that are going to need him more that PSG I don't know. He's been to Italy this week talking to a nutritionist apparently - maybe that's related.

But in terms of what he's doing in those bursts he looks impressive to me. There aren't many games where he needs to pop up more than two or three times and Enrique seems to have arranged it so that it doesn't matter. Anyway he's looking handy again today :D

Skorenzy

I'd agree with that, but I don't think that's down to injury. I think he is conserving his energy in a lot of matches and playing in bursts. He's certainly inactive, playing at walking pace for stretches of games. Whether that's necessity or just the reality that there are games that are going to need him more that PSG I don't know. He's been to Italy this week talking to a nutritionist apparently - maybe that's related.

But in terms of what he's doing in those bursts he looks impressive to me. There aren't many games where he needs to pop up more than two or three times and Enrique seems to have arranged it so that it doesn't matter. Anyway he's looking handy again today :D
Yeah, his stamina has always been an issue, and I also doubt his problems were solely because of the knock (though the timing would suggest it had an impact). He looked physically exhausted at the end of the Valencia game (which showed in his finish), there's a clip from El Dia Después that's closed up on his face as he's making that run and it almost looks as if he was going to collapse. It's not something new for him to play and manage his energy as you described but this anecdotal evidence wrt Krychowiak and D.Luiz is kinda new in the sense that the "old" Messi would've extremely rarely "allowed" the ball to be taken off him that cleanly by a player he had just gone past. He didn't seem to have the energy to escape them in those instances -- and there were several of them all in one or two weeks' time.

Skorenzy

Espanyol have become threatening a couple of times now, 2 or 3 breaks but they couldn't find the final pass or the finish (Caicedo attempting a difficult one on the half-volley earlier).

Marcosdeto

Guess who's back?

i was thinking the same while watching this game, like messi plays when he is needed, and if he is not, he just stays there, tries to make a couple of good plays, set some goals for his teamates or himself, but without stressing much

he must be willing to win another trebble and to do so, he must be thinking that he needs to pace himself

plus copa america starts in june and we all know that he prefers argentina over barcelona

hides under a rock

Skorenzy

What did Alba do?
Didn't agree with a call and kicked the ball away, then said something to the ref after receiving the 1st yellow... Spanish refs don't take much shit (and certainly not Mateu Lahoz), and rightly so.

Skorenzy

Suárez very unselfish there and squares for Neymar who again misses an open net.

PvsNP

I really want to know what Alba said. Must've been more extreme than Ronaldo's "Do you like what you see?" while cupping his crotch during the El Clasico.

Last edited:

fontaine

Ful Ful Ful Member Full Member Full Member
Lahoz is really annoying, he thinks he is as important as the players. Unfortunately he is always featured in Madrid or Barça games, so I always have to watch him slow down matches so he can talk to players in that "film me, cameras" way.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
I guess that the red card to Alba was to compensate(too late) for the offside in the second goal.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
you think that the ref wanted to make a mistake to compensate a mistake made by the lineman? really?
I wouldn't be surprised really,the level of referees is very poor sometimes and the compensation mistakes happen all the time specially with the team at home. Tomorrow nobody will remember the linesman but Mateu and a mistake that ended the match.

Bob Loblaw

Supports
Liverpool
Lahoz is really annoying, he thinks he is as important as the players. Unfortunately he is always featured in Madrid or Barça games, so I always have to watch him slow down matches so he can talk to players in that "film me, cameras" way.
Busquets agrees, he pretty much said the same thing after the match.

prarek

Another great chance for Torres. Should have hit it the first time.

prarek

Goal! Griezmann again. Koke's initial shot is saved by the keeper only for Griezmann to nod in from close.

prarek

Great strike from Raul Garcia. Keeper could have done better though.

Last edited: