La Liga - 2014/15

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
what I like about Vietto is whenever he has the ball he's looking to be positive and play someone in. He also has the quality to pick out passes. He's a terrific player IMO.

Joemo

whistling in the wind
Athletico can't get out of their own half at the moment. Celta having all of the ball so far.

Skorenzy

Celta have really pinned back Atléti well this half... they just look so solid in DF though, doesn't look like Celta will ever score. That said, Atléti really need 3pts so they'll have to be extremely efficient with the few chances they'll get playing like this, or should take a chance and go more offensive in the 2nd half.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
Atletico are currently playing like they have never played with each other before ...

Joemo

whistling in the wind
Penalty to Celta. Stonewall handball by Celta player in the build up though. Terrible decision, it's a Spanish penalty though.

Skorenzy

Larrivey clears the ball instead of burying it :lol: that should've been the 2-0... could come back to haunt them.

edit: did Juanfran get a touch on the cross though? even still that was as tap-in as tap-ins get

Skorenzy

Sergio Álvarez what a stop to deny a great shot from the excellent Griezmann, had the post for help there but still a superb save! Atléti racking up the pressure now.

Ridiculous save
Yeah, he's pulled off quite a few remarkable and marvellous saves this season. He's in great form.

Skorenzy

Orellana and Nolito back to their best, like in the first few months of the season. Krohn-Dehli outstanding too. Lovely stuff from Celta!

2-0, Orellana. Crisp, low hard finish after great interplay from Augusto Fernández and Krohn-Dehli.

Skorenzy

2 horse race now, shame.
Barça and RM still have to travel to Balaídos though, and they seem to perform best against the top teams (beat RM 2-0 at the end of last season, drew 2-2 with Atléti this season at the Calderón and won 1-0 at the Camp Nou this season as well). They did lose 3-0 at the Bernabéu this season.

Skorenzy

Griezmann leaning offside... so unlucky, 'cause that was a great goal and probably would've been their last realistic hope to salvage something from this.

Bob Loblaw

Supports
Liverpool
Barça and RM still have to travel to Balaídos though, and they seem to perform best against the top teams (beat RM 2-0 at the end of last season, drew 2-2 with Atléti this season at the Calderón and won 1-0 at the Camp Nou this season as well). They did lose 3-0 at the Bernabéu this season.
Even still, being 6 and 7 points behind is surely too much at this stage, the fact that they're behind both by that margin is the killer I reckon.

Still possible but I think they'd be better off focusing on Europe now.

Skorenzy

Great save from Moyà, what a play from Nolito and a pinpoint pass to find Orellana through that crowd of Atlético defenders

Skorenzy

In the end, deserved victory for Celta.

Nolito, Orellana and Krohn-Dehli were all excellent, but Nolito MOTM for me. Had an outstanding first season at Celta last year and he started off this season brilliantly too... one of the best performers in the first three months, but dropped off after the win at Camp Nou... Slowly gotten back to his previous performance level since the Valencia game.

Even still, being 6 and 7 points behind is surely too much at this stage, the fact that they're behind both by that margin is the killer I reckon.

Still possible but I think they'd be better off focusing on Europe now.
Yeah, it's looking bad for them now, but the same was true many times last season as well. Anyway, a lot can change in a short period as has been proved this season; RM have gone from looking unbeatable during their run of 22 consecutive wins in all comps to looking fairly fragile and chaotic because of loss of form of key players, fatigue and injuries... Barça went from looking unorganized and tactically inept to unstoppable force of running and scoring since the Anoeta debacle. Wouldn't hold my breath betting that things won't/can't shift again.

Asger

Only 2,3 good teams?

Spanish clubs' euro results prove otherwise.

Another lazy post about La liga.

Almost every EPL teams doesn't even use their strongest lineup in Europa league until this season maybe.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Almost every EPL teams doesn't even use their strongest lineup in Europa league until this season maybe.
Yeah, any excuse is good. They just don't care, if they cared they'd win all EL games 5-0.

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
I listened only once a game on radio,commentator was so bad that my brain almost melted trying to figure out where to ball was,on what side of the pitch it was etc.
Yeah I used to get that feeling, they were constantly excited and you never had any idea what was going on! :lol:

Matchday 24 - 21 Feb - Barca lose to Malaga

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
La Liga this weekend.

Tonight:
Getafe v Espanyol 19:45 - All times UK

Sat 21 Feb 2015 - Spanish La Liga
Atl Madrid v Almería 19:00
Barcelona v Málaga 15:00
Córdoba v Valencia 17:00
Deportivo de La Coruña v Celta de Vigo 21:00

Sun 22 Feb 2015 - Spanish La Liga
Real Sociedad v Sevilla 11:00
Ath Bilbao v Rayo Vallecano 16:00
Villarreal v Eibar 18:00
Elche v Real Madrid 20:00

Mon 23 Feb 2015 - Spanish La Liga
Levante v Granada CF 19:45

No real stand-outs and no obvious banana skins for the top three. However with the CL back, concentration, rotation and injuries can start to have an impact.

On the face of it the best looking game is Barcelona-Malaga. However playing at the Camp Nou (where Malaga have won once in 13 attempts) and with Barca's form, it's hard to see it being very competitive. 3 points to Barca will put them top of La Liga, at least until Sunday night.

Equally, despite Atletico losing last week it's hard to see Almeria getting anything at the Calderon.

Real Madrid haven't really looked convincing since Christmas and as Elche are one of my pet teams I'll be watching that game with interest.

PvsNP

Starting line-ups for Barcelona-Málaga:

Barca: Bravo; Alves, Piqué, Mathieu, Alba; Rafinha, Busquets, Iniesta; Messi, Suárez, Neymar.
Bench: Ter Stegen, Bartra, Mascherano, Adriano, Rakitic, Xavi, Pedro.

Málaga: Kameni; M. Torres, Weligton, Angeleri, Rosales; Samuel, Recio, Darder, Horta; Castillejo, Juanmi.
Bench: Ochoa, Javi Guerra, Tissone, Duda, Boka, Filipenko, Juanpi.

This has a Barca win written all over it.

Bob Loblaw

Supports
Liverpool
I think Bartra deserved another start after his performance last time. Decent line-up anyway.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Barca 0-1 behind, stupid mistake from Rafinha..

BobbyManc

Supports
Man City
Off-topic, but how has Denis Suarez done for Sevilla anyone? Was City's most highly-rated youngster until he left for Barca. Would be interesting to see if he lives up to his hype.