La Liga - 2014/15

prarek

Guy is an idiot, I'm positive. There are few people I know that met him or know him and they all say the same thing. He can't control his ego and it's surfacing. Just wait for when he gets dropped from the national team first 11 for a big game and we'll get a confirmation on this theory.

As for Pep, he's also an idiot, but while Mandzukic is just a stupid guy with an attitude, the other one is neurotic. That was never going to work out.
Interesting. Never knew Manzdukic had this side to him. Certainly works hard as a player though.

Bob Loblaw

Supports
Liverpool
Ancelotti says that Kroos isn't tired so he'll start tomorrow, and said again that Bale/Bemzema/Cristiano start when fit. Surely he doesn't believe that shite?

Modrić back in the squad by the way, due to play 30 mins.

ZDwyr

Ancelotti says that Kroos isn't tired so he'll start tomorrow, and said again that Bale/Bemzema/Cristiano start when fit. Surely he doesn't believe that shite?

Modrić back in the squad by the way, due to play 30 mins.
That's huge for them. They must have been counting down the days until he was back.

Matchday 27 - 14 March - Valencia move into third place

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
La Liga this weekend - all times UK

Tonight:
Valencia v Deportivo de La Coruña 19:45

Sat 14 Mar 2015 - Spanish La Liga
Eibar v Barcelona 17:00
Espanyol v Atl Madrid 15:00
Rayo Vallecano v Granada CF 19:00
Celta de Vigo v Ath Bilbao 21:00

Sun 15 Mar 2015 - Spanish La Liga
Real Madrid v Levante 20:00
Almería v Villarreal 11:00
Málaga v Córdoba 16:00
Sevilla v Elche 18:00

Mon 16 Mar 2015 - Spanish La Liga
Getafe v Real Sociedad 19:45

No standout match this weekend, but we're at the stage where for clubs at the top and the bottom, every point counts. There's daylight now between the top 6 and the rest but not so much that Villareal and Sevilla can afford to sleep. Similarly there are clubs in the bottom half who could slip into the relegation scrap if they aren't careful.

Real Madrid need a convincing win against Levante. The Bernabeu crowd are getting angry and the players are expected to respond. Bale and Casillas got most of the whistles against Schalke, but they're all under the microscope. In any case, next week Real Madrid go to Barcelona and need a confidence boost. The press think Kroos will be rested, and Silva will start. They need Ramos back and they need a full strength Modric but whether they are ready is a different matter.

Eibar have had a run of 7 defeats, not good news when your next opponent is Barcelona. Barca may rest a couple of people with City and Madrid coming up next week, but I doubt they'll rest enough to let Eibar get in.

I suspect the best game of the weekend will be Espanyol - Atletico, but Espanyol's form is so erratic I'm not promising. Atletico play Bayer Leverkusen mid-week (they lost the first leg 1-0), so maybe their focus won't be quite as good as Simeone would like.

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Nuno takes them up to 3rd place. Surprised with how well he is doing (even if he has strong financial backing from Lim)

Skorenzy

Nuno takes them up to 3rd place. Surprised with how well he is doing (even if he has strong financial backing from Lim)
Yeah, he's done extremely well. They've been able to keep up their form because they don't suffer the extra burden of European games that their nearest competitors (Atléti, Villarreal, Sevilla) have, plus they were knocked out one round earlier in the CdR than those three. They also have rather great squad depth: at least on par with Atléti and Sevilla's.

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
That Miranda elbow was brutal. Portuguese pundits concerned with the Espanyol player since they have no info about him after that challenge.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
Simeone needs to sort his teams over-commitment out a bit, aggressiveness is all well, but it shouldn't be thuggery. They have been picking up red and yelloe suspensions a lot especially lately. And Tiago/Gabi seem to see a yellow every game.

prarek

Wow did Caicedo refuse to shake the managers hand? Doesn't seem happy to be substituted at all.

Wowi

Rød grød med fløde
Is that twat on BeIN seriously arguing that smaller teams should give up their home colours when teams like Barca come to town? I didn't hear all of it as I was in the kitchen.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Is that twat on BeIN seriously arguing that smaller teams should give up their home colours when teams like Barca come to town? I didn't hear all of it as I was in the kitchen.
:houllier:

Mciahel Goodman

Worst Werewolf Player of All Times
Staff
Is it Ray Hudson? That guy is pure entrainment, if a bit of a nut-case. His metaphors and similes are as creative as it gets.

Marcosdeto

Guess who's back?
if that's what he said, he doesnt understand that the "away kits" are also made to sell more shirts

Wowi

Rød grød med fløde
Is it Ray Hudson? That guy is pure entrainment, if a bit of a nut-case. His metaphors and similes are as creative as it gets.
Yeah, exactly. The guy who's completely incapable of speaking like a normal person.
if that's what he said, he doesnt understand that the "away kits" are also made to sell more shirts
Indeed. Often the big teams actually play in away kits when it's not even needed to boost the sales.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Eibar's stadium is pretty cool, with people watching from their houses and stuff.