La Liga - 2014/15

Ruht

On players? I think perez is saving the rest of the funds for the referees and linemen. Hopefully it will be a wise investment.
Can't go wrong there! :D

Don't forget the 50 million we still need to pay James' parents.
Is it only 50m? You got off easy there.

Ronaldo with a great strike there, 250 goals in his 250th game, is that right? Incredible stats.

The Mitcher

connoisseur of pot noodles and sandwiches
Most do this, it's where jojojo gets all her gossip info!
I can only understand some spanish words not conversations. But they were chattering away and then one blurts out, and I must be hearing this wrong "TOO LATE" in English :lol:

Raul Madrid

Such a soft goal to give away
Thank you for turning up like you did for the European super cup and the world cup games to remind us all of the bad defending whenever Ronaldo scores. We would truly be lost without you :).

TheShedEnd

Anti-Football WUM
Supports
Chelsea
Is it only 50m? You got off easy there.

Ronaldo with a great strike there, 250 goals in his 250th game, is that right? Incredible stats.
255 goals in 250 games, and it wasn't a great strike, poor defending and even worse goalkeeping, no keeper should ever be beaten at their near post from that range.

Ruht

I can only understand some spanish words not conversations. But they were chattering away and then one blurts out, and I must be hearing this wrong "TOO LATE" in English :lol:
Spaniards speak unbelievably fast, I've studied it for three years and barely catch a word or two in a sentence. Bloody hell, have no idea how they do it.

The Mitcher

Spaniards speak unbelievably fast, I've studied it for three years and barely catch a word or two in a sentence. Bloody hell, have no idea how they do it.
I swear he just blurted it out for a joke, is English taking over that fast!

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
Thank you for turning up like you did for the European super cup and the world cup games to remind us all of the bad defending whenever Ronaldo scores. We would truly be lost without you :).
Was just about to post this! Such an agenda poster!!

Ruht

I swear he just blurted it out for a joke, is English taking over that fast!
More than you know it!

Atleti next now, hopefully they win to keep pressure on Barca and Real.

With all the players that have left them, their squad still looks impressive. Really looking forward to see how Griezmann and Mandzukic will do for them.

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
More than you know it!

With all the players that have left them, their squad still looks impressive. Really looking forward to see how Griezmann and Mandzukic will do for them.
It does. They've bought well. In fact all my instincts say they're stronger. I think Mandzukic will love the role. Whether they're as hungry - who knows. They certainly weren't relaxing against Real Madrid. Though of course Simeone says that their target is to win "the other Liga" and come third. Sure it is.

Raul Madrid

More than you know it!

I think he will be very good for them. I always rated him very highly at Bayern and thought he was kind of underrated and even when things are not going well for him he still works hard and makes his presence felt and does not give up, unlike benzema who disappears when things are not going well (for the most part) in addition to having regular confidence crises.

Ruht

It does. They've bought well. In fact all my instincts say they're stronger. I think Mandzukic will love the role. Whether they're as hungry - who knows. They certainly weren't relaxing against Real Madrid. Though of course Simeone says that their target is to win "the other Liga" and come third. Sure it is.
I think they look stronger this season as well. The new players brought in will keep the hunger within the team and Simeone is obviously just playing the underdog card again. Fairly sure he reckons they could win it, with good reason too as well.

Agree with you @Raul Madrid He is a fighter, although at times he gets carried away a bit too much. Nonetheless he is a handful and will score lots for them.

The Mitcher

The Atletico Madrid Asst. Manager is more like the commanding officer type person, uptight, compared to Simeone the crazy dictator!

CLARiiON

Mes que un Gloryhunter
Supports
Barcelona
This Madrid team gives me a lot of confidence. Imagine this, they had a tough time against us last season when we were going though a really bad phase. Messi injured throughout the season, Xavi declining, defence absolute shit, Neymar spent more time on hospital than on field, and Valdes injured PINTO was GK ffs. Let's not forget an unimaginative manager. Only bright spot was Alexis. And the guy who was always the best player in such big games for Real is gone now (thanks to you guys!).
I think we have made some good progress in the squad, need cover for Alves though Montoya isn't too bad. And I feel with this soft core of Madrid, we will cause them a lot of problem in the middle.
I can see that our midfield of Iniesta, Rakitic, Mascherano (instead of Busquets) and Messi can absolutely dominate this real midfield any day of the week. If they couldn't handle us last season, they sure will face a much more difficult task this season.

Though very early into the season, here's an interesting statistics from 1st round. The whole Madrid team combined total 5 dribbles, Messi alone had 7 successful dribbles in the match. Missing Di Maria already??

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
They do look stronger than last year, Mandzukic and Griezmann has very good balance, Oblak could be a good choice to replace Courtois and Siquera is an adequate replacement for Luis Felipe. They will do well.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
This Madrid team gives me a lot of confidence. Imagine this, they had a tough time against us last season when we were going though a really bad phase. Messi injured throughout the season, Xavi declining, defence absolute shit, Neymar spent more time on hospital than on field, and Valdes injured PINTO was GK ffs. Let's not forget an unimaginative manager. Only bright spot was Alexis. And the guy who was always the best player in such big games for Real is gone now (thanks to you guys!).
I think we have made some good progress in the squad, need cover for Alves though Montoya isn't too bad. And I feel with this soft core of Madrid, we will cause them a lot of problem in the middle.
I can see that our midfield of Iniesta, Rakitic, Mascherano (instead of Busquets) and Messi can absolutely dominate this real midfield any day of the week. If they couldn't handle us last season, they sure will face a much more difficult task this season.

Though very early into the season, here's an interesting statistics from 1st round. The whole Madrid team combined total 5 dribbles, Messi alone had 7 successful dribbles in the match. Missing Di Maria already??
I agree with you. I like Real Madrid and I support them in El Classico, but I don't see them beating Barca this season. I said it in another thread 2 days ago, I will repeat: Barca will walk the league. I would say they have the biggest chance for CL trophy too. I don't really understand how Madrid want to play all of their best players at the same time without runners in Di Maria and Khedira.

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Strange that Atlético hasn´t been able to score against a center back pairing of Ba and Zé Castro.

Orton

Ati-virus, keeps missing the n button
Atletico have been very average tonight. Probably still feeling the effects of Fridays match.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
I've only watched the 2nd half. Rayo should be winning this. Manucho has looked good for them

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
Was it rayo who got smashed by barca and just kept passing the ball around and enjoying themselves?

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
Atletico will struggle a bit for goals this season, Manzukic is OK but a downgrade on Costa.
Hopefully their other attackers can score as many as they did last season!

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Was it rayo who got smashed by barca and just kept passing the ball around and enjoying themselves?
That would be them. Last year they became the first Liga team in years to have more possession than Barca, while losing 4-0. After they lost 5-0 to Real Madrid their manager praised his players and said it was a very good performance and that if they keep playing like that they'll beat most teams.

He was right as well, they climbed steadily from the relegation places around Christmas to 8th at the end of the season.

ctp

Mainz have just bought Jairo from Sevilla. I'd never heard of him before to be honest, can you tell me anything about him?

Matchday 2 - 30 Aug

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Two games tonight (Friday) ooops - I'm out of Liga watching practice. All times UK
  • Getafe 1 - 0 Almería FT
  • Valencia CF 0 - 0 Málaga L

Sat 30 Aug 2014 - Spanish La Liga
  • Athletic Bilbao v Levante 18:00
  • Córdoba v Celta de Vigo 18:00
  • Atlético Madrid v Eibar 20:00
  • Espanyol v Sevilla 22:00
Sun 31 Aug 2014 - Spanish La Liga
  • Villarreal v Barcelona 18:00
  • Deportivo de La Coruña v Rayo Vallecano 20:00
  • Real Sociedad v Real Madrid 20:00
  • Elche v Granada CF 22:00

Bob Loblaw

Supports
Liverpool
Oh dear, what an idiotic challenge to make. Could have just cost Málaga the game.

Bob Loblaw

Supports
Liverpool
And that's why he's just made the Spain squad. Great goal by Paco Alcácer.

prarek

Thought the red was a bit harsh but sublime goal from young Paco.

Bob Loblaw

Supports
Liverpool
What's the situation with Valencia's shirt sponsor? Why don't they have one?
Not sure why they don't specifically, but it's not that uncommon in Spain at the minute. All because of money, or a lack of it.

Thought the red was a bit harsh but sublime goal from young Paco.
Maybe a bit but he can't complain too much, tackle like that and you give the ref every opportunity to send you off.

Penalty was the right call too I think.

prarek

Maybe a bit but he can't complain too much, tackle like that and you give the ref every opportunity to send you off.

Penalty was the right call too I think.
Right call for the penalty. Shame Malaga were looking pretty good.

Bob Loblaw

Supports
Liverpool
Right call for the penalty. Shame Malaga were looking pretty good.
Yeah, they were the better team until the red card, and the penalty was unfortunate (even though it was correct). Surprised Ochoa isn't playing again.