La Liga 2016/17

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry for the late response too, haven't logged in for a while. I don't know much about it either. I just saw a clip somewhere where the fans were shouting against the President.

@prarek
Not sure if those fans would represent the opinion of the majority. But then again, I'd have no clue really. I am only aware of what side we, the swedish peña, are on - but it would be unfair of me to determine what the general opinion is.

However, Los Biris got their annual ban, when the club board decided to satisfy RFEF request of punishing Biris for couple of games, because of the Ramos chants - else the club itself would have got a severe punishment, since this is the 5th or 6th time in 3-4 years that Biris caused trouble - so if there were any upset fans, then I would guess it would be because of this. But, as mentioned, that ban was lifted before the Deportivo game, and I don't necessarily think the majority would be upset with the president either way. No idea though:)

EDIT:

Official statement from Sevilla today is that they are one signature from banning the entire section of Gol Norte. This is for the abuse of Sergio Ramos in the Copa del Rey.

Last edited:
That's alaves matematically safe and top 4 all but sealed. EL battle is very interesting, with 5 teams in 5 points fighting for 3 places(alaves won't win the CdR, alas :()

Match 33 | 21/24 April - Real Madrid V Barcelona
La Liga this clasico weekend

Spain times, so that puts Real Madrid V Barcelona at 7:45 on Sunday in the UK.

Was gonna skip Clasico because of all the usual theatrics and crying but Neymar isn't playing so that's a little plus. Wouldn't mind a Barca win so Real have to be on their toes and can't rest players for the Atletico games.

Barca's problem is down to their loyalty to their playing style. In truth, if they played more like juventus, they'd still be best in the world with the MSN murdering teams in transition and counterattacks
That's not true. It's actually exactly the opposite. Luis Enrique is playing direct and on counterattacks with a team created and mastered to be possession based and dominating. It worked well at first but then it went totally shite. He is a fool and needs to go. If the new coach wants to play like Juve he will need some massive transfers and he will have to do a big rebuilding job on the playing style. Way easier will be for him just to go back to the typical playing style for the club. The base is there. It needs just to be executed right.

Last edited:
Finally some proper hour for such a game, it always feels like they're playing those big matches around 3-4 pm on Saturday.

Finally el clásico in a decent time, sunday 20:45. In a while we´ll know if Neymar can play.
Today, depending on other results, Levante could be team of Primera.

Finally el clásico in a decent time, sunday 20:45. In a while we´ll know if Neymar can play.
Today, depending on other results, Levante could be team of Primera.
Levante have quite amazing in the Segunda Division, while Rayo may face another relegation.

Levante have quite amazing in the Segunda Division, while Rayo may face another relegation.
Rayo had many problems along the year. Actually Mallorca, another good team is in worse situation and almost relegated to 2B.
Not too excited about Levante, they deserve it but don´t have any simpathy for the team. I don´t like Girona either but they were very unlucky a couple of years ago (they lost at home the last match and Sporting took their place)

Rayo had many problems along the year. Actually Mallorca, another good team is in worse situation and almost relegated to 2B.
Not too excited about Levante, they deserve it but don´t have any simpathy for the team. I don´t like Girona either but they were very unlucky a couple of years ago (they lost at home the last match and Sporting took their place)
Girona have been trying for years to get promoted. They deserve it atm.

Espanyol-Atletico underway.
0-0 HT. Typical Atletico playing very slowly and dull.

Last edited:
Madrid clear favorites for me. They will dominate the midfield and keep putting in good crosses. Without controlling the midfield, Barca's defense will be exposed and they are not good enough to hold off Madrid's fire power. Ronaldo to score. My prediction is 3-1 to Madrid.

What happened to that Rodrigo de Paul fella?

Now playing for Udinese Calcio. Was an allright players that could certainely beat his man, seems to lack output in Italy though (29 apps, 3 goals 4 assists).

Girona is the best team of Spain. And it was about Damn time . we deserved to go up long time ago. I think we will survive in first division.

Looking forward to seeing el clásico.A perfect hour,a nice afternoon enjoying the good weather and later to the bar with all the friends.
My culé friends have been very quiet all the week.They even didn't cry about the referee in Germany.
I guess that they are confident about a victory today to attack me like hyenas later :lol:
About the match,I think that Madrid can be more tired and for Barsa this can be the match to save the season but on the other hand they had many moments of weakness during the season.
Probably Alcácer will play but there are doubts with Bale

Looking forward to seeing el clásico.A perfect hour,a nice afternoon enjoying the good weather and later to the bar with all the friends.
My culé friends have been very quiet all the week.They even didn't cry about the referee in Germany.
I guess that they are confident about a victory today to attack me like hyenas later :lol:
About the match,I think that Madrid can be more tired and for Barsa this can be the match to save the season but on the other hand they had many moments of weakness during the season.
Isco should start ahead of him, regardless of his availability.

I'm a big fan of Casemiro tbh. Zidane has found a way to really utilise him and it's helping Real a lot.

Bale being out might not be such a bad thing considering the form of Isco and Asensio.

Is Nacho still expected to play or have one of Varane/Pepe returned?

Real Madrid should be comfortable here but I'm going with Barca for the win. Messi hattrick ;)

We need to win or the title race is over. We'll either fall to bits or Alcacer will step into legend tonight. :angel::lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.