La Liga 2016/17

Status
Not open for further replies.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
They're basque. Physicality and intensity have always been their calling cards. They miss Aduriz right now

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
They're basque. Physicality and intensity have always been their calling cards. They miss Aduriz right now
They do miss him as he is the focus of their attacks. He is not due back until the middle of the month, so others will need to contribute. They did last weekend with a number of players missing.

MadMike

Has anyone watched Illarramendi for Sociedad at all. He seems to have had a very good year so far and his game stats are Herrera-esque (i.e. excellent).

I've only managed to watch a couple of Sociedad matches, against Barcelona and Real, and he seemed to do very well. Very comfortable on the ball and does a huge amount of work from a CM/DM position. Intelligent too.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Prieto is absolute class. Still doing the business like he was before Griezmann was on the other flank. He's still got some years left in him.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Has anyone watched Illarramendi for Sociedad at all. He seems to have had a very good year so far and his game stats are Herrera-esque (i.e. excellent).

I've only managed to watch a couple of Sociedad matches, against Barcelona and Real, and he seemed to do very well. Very comfortable on the ball and does a huge amount of work from a CM/DM position. Intelligent too.
Real are his home. He was dire for us, too weak mentally

MadMike

Real are his home. He was dire for us, too weak mentally
Well, many very good players have fail to deliver in the pressure cooker of the Bernabeu. He's not the first and he won't be the last. That doesn't mean they wouldn't perform well in another team.

Is he doing as well as the stats suggest? He's doing better than n'zonzi according to some sites.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
He's not doing better than N'Zonzi but he's doing really well

Vato

Watches other men wank.Supports Real.Coincidence?
Supports
Real Madrid
I'm fecking bricking it. We can't afford to drop any more points.

When's the last time we completely thrashed a team? Seems like ages ago.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Real is imo playing better without BBC. So these injuries could be a blessing in disguise against a team like Eibar.
Agreed. We play with far more intensity without the bbc and against weaker opposition we still have more quality. Hope he rests kroos because these last 3 games he was dire

PedroMendez

Acolyte
Agreed. We play with far more intensity without the bbc and against weaker opposition we still have more quality. Hope he rests kroos because these last 3 games he was dire
Agreed on Kroos. He needs a rest; he always had to play due to Modric's injuries.
Danilo and Nacho as FBs....thats a risk.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Madrid are playing well.Good game of James so far. Benzema very active

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Pepe has a very Cristianesque hair style :lol:.Better with curly hair

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87

Supports
Arsenal
Would have never thought it would have been so easy for Real after all their recent struggles.
4-1 FT.

Last edited:

Acheron

Supports
Real Madrid
Well, many very good players have fail to deliver in the pressure cooker of the Bernabeu. He's not the first and he won't be the last. That doesn't mean they wouldn't perform well in another team.

Is he doing as well as the stats suggest? He's doing better than n'zonzi according to some sites.
He's returning to his previous form that got him in Real Madrid, although where he shined the most was with Spain U-21 team, they won the Euro of that category with him being one of the best players and that's why Real Madrid bought him, along with Isco, to have a strong national core and future Spain prospects. So he's not quite there yet but he could become better now that Lopetegui coaches Spain as he was the coach of that U-21 Spain team so featuring for Spain could also help him improve further.

Would have never thought it would have been so easy for Real after all their recent struggles.
4-1 FT.
Neither do I but it was a nice surprise to see Benzema scoring some goals and leading the line, hope he can keep up like this.

MadMike

He's returning to his previous form that got him in Real Madrid, although where he shined the most was with Spain U-21 team, they won the Euro of that category with him being one of the best players and that's why Real Madrid bought him, along with Isco, to have a strong national core and future Spain prospects. So he's not quite there yet but he could become better now that Lopetegui coaches Spain as he was the coach of that U-21 Spain team so featuring for Spain could also help him improve further.
Why do you think he failed at RM? Giorno thinks he's weak mentally. Is that the case? Did the team/formation not suit him? He's 27 now, he should be at his peak.

Acheron

Supports
Real Madrid
Why do you think he failed at RM? Giorno thinks he's weak mentally. Is that the case? Did the team/formation not suit him? He's 27 now, he should be at his peak.
I think it was just a case of him being very young and his instant fame and success going up to his head so I will attribute this more to be immature rather than mentally weak. He was transferred for a lot of money and I remember Vela saying, while trying to defend him with the Real Sociedad suporters, something along the lines the offer Illarramendi received from Real Madrid it was impossible to turn down something like a chance in a lifetime and that he would have done the same, so I imagine he was on some pretty good wages in Real Madrid.

Also it's not like Real Madrid handles all this young players very well, Isco and James aren't definite starters by now and when Illarramendi arrived we still had Alonso and Khedira on the team and there was also Casemiro I believe. The last years I believe we had been loaded in midfield if you add Modric and Kroos so all of this has made very difficiult to feature some players. So he didn't do good enough in Real Madrid but neither was the ideal scenario for him so it's really harsh to judge him alone on his time here, Nuri Sahin went through something similar as well.

PedroMendez

Acolyte
Till Zidane arrived, no manager could make good use of DMs (or they weren't allowed to). They used Alonso and Kroos as DLPs, while players, who had a different skill set (like Illara and Casimeiro) hardly ever played.

Status
Not open for further replies.