g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

La Liga 2016/17

Status
Not open for further replies.

SfcNervion

Supports
Sevilla FC
In their last 5 matches, Celta has 3 wins, including one at Camp Nou.
Yet not relevant for the perception their performance tonight. Maybe I should have clarified that I meant about this season at Camp Nou, compared how they have been away vs the other top teams.

Stocar

Yet not relevant for the perception their performance tonight. Maybe I should have clarified that I meant about this season at Camp Nou, compared how they have been away vd the other top teams.
Well, it is expected from midtable teams not to have 100% consistent performances. Sort of weird to single out Celta though, as they've been a bogey team for Barca recently. But then again, judging by your posts, you seem to be one of those people who are into spouting bile at that club at every opportunity, for whatever reason.

FCBarca

Mes que un Rag
Supports
Peace
Yet not relevant for the perception their performance tonight. Maybe I should have clarified that I meant about this season at Camp Nou, compared how they have been away vs the other top teams.
Or just clarified that if Barcelona lose, it's because the other team deserved it - if they win, the other team laid down for them. Rinse & repeat

SfcNervion

Supports
Sevilla FC
Well, it is expected from midtable teams not to have 100% consistent performances. Sort of weird to single out Celta though, as they've been a bogey team for Barca recently. But then again, judging by your posts, you seem to be one of those people who are into spouting bile at that club at every opportunity, for whatever reason.
There, there @Stocar :lol: Yes, celta vigo is a boogey team at camp nou and they really tried their best tonight, better than leganes.:wenger:

Or just clarified that if Barcelona lose, it's because the other team deserved it - if they win, the other team laid down for them. Rinse & repeat
@FCBarca I always assumed that you were suspiciously tied to posts about Guardiola, but since you take it to a personal route even when there is a dissappointment about celta vigo makes it odd...but yet, amusing:D Keep it up. Barcelona wins with 5-0, but you still have salty tears for me:drool:

Bole Top

this "revival" reminds me of Enrique's first season in Barca; they were behind Madrid since october and overtook them in march too. the only difference is, this is the first time Barca are at the top this season since... round 1.

JeffBoomTetris

Barcelona in full flow is easily the best team to watch playing football. Chuffed for Umtiti and his goal. Masche must be fuming, ''How has this cnut scored and I haven't in all my fookin years here, mate?"

Ridge Racer

Supports
Real Madrid
Sevilla were 2 points behind barca before this game
I think everyone knows they can't keep it up. Barça is in a 19 match unbeaten run in the league. Madrid has a deep squad and very strong as well. Sevilla has been lucky to win many games this season, and if they advance to the CL quarterfinals, it's going to get harder for them.

Reactions: Penna

Redondo_Pirri

Supports
Real Madrid
Not really. Makes the league the usual borefest at the top end.

La Liga is crying out for new blood to challenge for the league.
EPL: Chelsea are up by 10 points on 2nd
Serie A: Juventus up by 7 points on 2nd with a game in hand
Bundi: Bayern are up 7 points on 2nd and 13! on 3rd lol

Meanwhile in La Liga 5 points is all that separates the top 3.

Because La Liga is the borefest at the top end atm lol

Peanut Butter

You get far less upsets in La Liga. Real Madrid and Barca steamroll the smaller teams on a regular basis.

Premier League is far more competitive and interesting. La Liga is desperate for a 3rd and 4th team to challenge Real and Barca.

In the last 4 seasons we have had Man Utd, Man City, Chelsea and Leicester win the league. Who has won the last 4 in La Liga?

Atletico won it a few years back but apart from that it's always Real or Barca. It's boring.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
I'd take league title going to the wire between the same two teams every season rather than a league won in march by a different team every season. But that's just me...

Redondo_Pirri

Supports
Real Madrid
You get far less upsets in La Liga. Real Madrid and Barca steamroll the smaller teams on a regular basis.

Premier League is far more competitive and interesting. La Liga is desperate for a 3rd and 4th team to challenge Real and Barca.

In the last 4 seasons we have had Man Utd, Man City, Chelsea and Leicester win the league. Who has won the last 4 in La Liga?

Atletico won it a few years back but apart from that it's always Real or Barca. It's boring.
On your first point: Is that why Barcelona has dropped points to Alaves(11), Celta Vigo(10), Malaga(15) and Real Betis(14). While Madrid has dropped points to Las Palmas(12), Eibar(7), Celta Vigo(10) and Valencia(13). Real Madrid were even kicked out of the cup by Celta Vigo lol. Because we both steamroll smaller teams on the regular?

All this proves is you don't watch or follow La Liga, hate to tell you sunshine but if Barca and Real Madrid were in the EPL they would win all the time as well lol

Peanut Butter

On your first point: Is that why Barcelona has dropped points to Alaves(11), Celta Vigo(10), Malaga(15) and Real Betis(14). While Madrid has dropped points to Las Palmas(12), Eibar(7), Celta Vigo(10) and Valencia(13). Real Madrid were even kicked out of the cup by Celta Vigo lol. Because we both steamroll smaller teams on the regular?

All this proves is you don't watch or follow La Liga, hate to tell you sunshine but if Barca and Real Madrid were in the EPL they would win all the time as well lol
Sunshine? Don't be so condescending. I watched La Liga for years and got sick of it.

Real Madrid and Barca are super loaded in La Liga because they get more tv cash than everyone else! It's not a level playing field.

Before a ball is kicked in August you just know either Barca or Real will win the league. It's farcical.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Messi is unbelievable. The first goal was unreal on its own. He then goes to score another, get two assiss and be involved in everything else great.

Peanut Butter

Thanks for admitting you don't watch it anymore and proving I was right. Next time don't beat around the bush and make comments about leagues you no longer watch lol
I do watch it. But not matches featuring Real Madrid or Barcelona because it's pointless.

I lived in Spain in my 20s and attended nearly every Getafe home game for a season. So I am entitled to my opinion.

I used to speak with locals there and they were sick of Real and Barca as well. Everyone is apart from the Real and Barca fans of course.

The league needs restructuring and the share of tv revenues need to be addressed. But La Liga fanboy like you won't accept this as long as you get to see your heroes like Ronaldo and Messi scoring 4 goals in a game against the likes of Real Volcano and FC Ibiza every weekend.

amolbhatia50k

Exactly.

So in the last few years the PL has had 4 different winners whereas La Liga has had 3. Wow, that's such a huge difference on one.

Besides did you watch all those title races? Barring City's win, the other PL races were all dull and hardly races. The la liga ones were all close as hell and now the finish should be - close.

At the end of the day anyone who finds the world's best league around boring must suffer from some biases. You can prefer the PL which I watch more of due to always having been closer to it. However la liga is brilliant right now and has been the top dog for a few years.

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee

Real Madrid dropped points to Las Palmas last week and lost to Valencia the week before, both teams in the bottom half. Since September, Chelsea's only defeat has come against Spurs. Nobody in the bottom half has beaten them. In fact only Spurs, Arsenal and Liverpool have beaten them in the league. The only real difference is that most seasons you have to be as consistent as Chelsea (63 points in 26 games) to win La Liga. Barca currently have 60 points from 26 games.

amolbhatia50k

Real Madrid dropped points to Las Palmas last week and lost to Valencia the week before, both teams in the bottom half. Since September, Chelsea's only defeat has come against Spurs. Nobody in the bottom half has beaten them. In fact only Spurs, Arsenal and Liverpool have beaten them in the league. The only real difference is that most seasons you have to be almost as consistent as Chelsea (63 points in 26 games) to win La Liga. Barca currently have 60 points from 26 games.
Bang on the money.

Peanut Butter

Look, I think La Liga could be an amazing league but it needs restructuring. The favouritism Real and Barca get is ridiculous.

You guys who religiously watch it enjoy and that's fine.

I have given my opinion I won't add anymore.

Redondo_Pirri

Supports
Real Madrid
Look, I think La Liga could be an amazing league but it needs restructuring. The favouritism Real and Barca get is ridiculous.

You guys who religiously watch it enjoy and that's fine.

I have given my opinion I won't add anymore.
An opinion from someone who admits to not watching it.

Thanks....

amolbhatia50k

I do watch it. But not matches featuring Real Madrid or Barcelona because it's pointless.

I lived in Spain in my 20s and attended nearly every Getafe home game for a season. So I am entitled to my opinion.

I used to speak with locals there and they were sick of Real and Barca as well. Everyone is apart from the Real and Barca fans of course.

The league needs restructuring and the share of tv revenues need to be addressed. But La Liga fanboy like you won't accept this as long as you get to see your heroes like Ronaldo and Messi scoring 4 goals in a game against the likes of Real Volcano and FC Ibiza every weekend.
I disagree with all your other points eccrot this one. It does need changing in this respect. But despite this issue, the league as it is, is of the highest level imo.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Big victory of Depor in Gijón to avoid the relegation and they have to play a delayed match against Betis.
I am sorry for Sporting but this year It will be very difficult.
In Segunda Levante and Girona have a clear advantage.I like all the teams fighting for the promotion:Cádiz,Tenerife,Oviedo or Valladolid

Ishdalar

Supports
Barcelona

The TV revenue issue is being adressed, still its not Barcelona & Real fault, middle of the pack teams in the 90's wanted to negotiate their TV deals individually because they thought they were the next big thing behind the top 2, they failed to notice that eventually the top 2 negotiating individually would trump their negotiations because it's hard to be 3rd every year

And as you say, you saw games in the Alfonso Perez, now tell me how a team with an almost empty stadium would manage to give Real or Barcelona a run for their money. The issue goes beyond tv revenue share.

SfcNervion

Supports
Sevilla FC
The TV revenue issue is being adressed, still its not Barcelona & Real fault, middle of the pack teams in the 90's wanted to negotiate their TV deals individually because they thought they were the next big thing behind the top 2, they failed to notice that eventually the top 2 negotiating individually would trump their negotiations because it's hard to be 3rd every year

And as you say, you saw games in the Alfonso Perez, now tell me how a team with an almost empty stadium would manage to give Real or Barcelona a run for their money. The issue goes beyond tv revenue share.
This. Thank you @Ishdalar.:)

PedroMendez

Acolyte
Big victory of Depor in Gijón to avoid the relegation and they have to play a delayed match against Betis.
I am sorry for Sporting but this year It will be very difficult.
In Segunda Levante and Girona have a clear advantage.I like all the teams fighting for the promotion:Cádiz,Tenerife,Oviedo or Valladolid
any players worth looking out for in these 4 teams?

Vato

Watches other men wank.Supports Real.Coincidence?
Supports
Real Madrid
Sunshine? Don't be so condescending. I watched La Liga for years and got sick of it.

Real Madrid and Barca are super loaded in La Liga because they get more tv cash than everyone else! It's not a level playing field.

Before a ball is kicked in August you just know either Barca or Real will win the league. It's farcical.
Someone pass this dude the pack of Kleenex.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
any players worth looking out for in these 4 teams?
It is difficult to say Pedro, because these teams usually work very well collectively. Araujo played a very good season in segunda and then in primera it was nothing special, and the same with Andone, that although is playing fine, does not score goals with so much facility.
I use to follow Lugo, the information about the other teams is more what I heard on radio-
Maybe I would say scorers, like Ortuño of Cádiz, or Joselu of Lugo, although none of them is especially young.
There is a good midfielder in Girona who will probably go to some team in primera: Pere Pons.

I would look more at coaches, many of them unknown. Perhaps I would highlight Álvaro Cervera, of Cadiz (ex- player of Valencia) since the team come from 2B or Martí, from Tenerife, team that is being a surprise, or even Hierro with Oviedo in his first experience being coach.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
Goal difference is not important in La Liga, head-to-head is. Hence teams don't care whether they lose 3-0 or 6-0.

PedroMendez

Acolyte
It is difficult to say Pedro, because these teams usually work very well collectively. Araujo played a very good season in segunda and then in primera it was nothing special, and the same with Andone, that although is playing fine, does not score goals with so much facility.
I use to follow Lugo, the information about the other teams is more what I heard on radio-
Maybe I would say scorers, like Ortuño of Cádiz, or Joselu of Lugo, although none of them is especially young.
There is a good midfielder in Girona who will probably go to some team in primera: Pere Pons.

I would look more at coaches, many of them unknown. Perhaps I would highlight Álvaro Cervera, of Cadiz (ex- player of Valencia) since the team come from 2B or Martí, from Tenerife, team that is being a surprise, or even Hierro with Oviedo in his first experience being coach.
thanks. I had high hopes for Araujo as well, but he didn't cut it in the first division.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Griezmann is one of the best finishers at the moment IMO. You don't often see him blasting a ball out of the stadium, whenever I watch him he hits the target a lot.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Griezmann is one of the best finishers at the moment IMO. You don't often see him blasting a ball out of the stadium, whenever I watch him he hits the target a lot.
Which will be why we want him. If we get him is a different matter. If we can't then god knows who the options to buy will be.

Status
Not open for further replies.