g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

La Liga 2016/17

Status
Not open for further replies.

Acheron

Supports
Real Madrid
Was going to watch Barcelona-Celta and as soon as I turned the TV I see Messi scoring... guess they'll win comfortably so I'm just going to skip it and play some videogames lol. Enjoy being at the top of the league while you can. :smirk:

FCBarca

Mes que un Rag
Supports
Peace
Really great bit of skill but more impressively perhaps is how the signature Barcelona football is actually on display tonight. Fully deserved lead against a fantastic opponent that Barca certainly had circled in their calendar - great night of football still ahead

Ridge Racer

Supports
Real Madrid
"Worst Barça of the last years" and they're going to end with a 19 matches unbeaten run in the league alone.

I hate how opposing teams seem to be "tired" against Barça when they play in the camp nou. Celta were pressing beasts in Balaídos.

serghei

Supports
FC Barcelona
"Worst Barça of the last years" and they're going to end with a 19 matches unbeaten run in the league alone.

I hate how opposing teams seem to be "tired" against Barça when they play in the camp nou. Celta were pressing beasts in Balaídos.
It's normal for smaller teams to be less curageous away from home.

It is the worst Barca of recent years. The loss vs PSG would have never happened in 14-15.

BlueCelery

Supports
Chelsea
Barca drop Iniesta & they finally look like a team again.......

SfcNervion

Supports
Sevilla FC
Super offside on rakitic though? Nevertheless; extremly underwhelming celta side. Typical. Like crazy wild dogs against atleti and real away, but at Camp Nou they nerver even bothered from game start.

Ridge Racer

Supports
Real Madrid
Super offside on rakitic though? Nevertheless; extremly underwhelming celta side. Typical. Like crazy wild dogs against atleti and real away, but at Camp Nou they nerver even bothered from game start.
La Liga has a massive influx of "philosopher" coaches that admire the way Barça plays and try to emulate them. British people have this misconception about the lower liga sides being shit for being trashed by Barça week after week but that's mostly on the extremely naive coaches. Imagine a league full of Wengers, that's what we have. We need more pragmatic managers ASAP if we want a more competitive league.

Edit: just remembering the days of the Super Depor... coaches like Cuper, Irureta, Clemente, Aragonés... I miss that type of coaches, they weren't impressed by bigger sides and did everything in their hand to win, instead of trying to play beautiful football first and hope for results second

Reactions: jojojo

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Nice to see Barca play attractive football once again.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
La Liga has a massive influx of "philosopher" coaches that admire the way Barça plays and try to emulate them. British people have this misconception about the lower liga sides being shit for being trashed by Barça week after week but that's mostly on the coaches. Imagine a league full of Wengers, that's what we have. We need more pragmatic managers ASAP if we want a more competitive league.
I wouldn't be so quick to wish for that. Bundesliga is basically the exact opposite, stacked with coaches who favour a rather cynical transition/pressing/counter attacking approach and it often does not make for entertaining matches.
And the top sides are so stacked with quality nowadays anyway that they'll win out any title race, no matter how the other teams set up, simply because their vastly superior squads.

SfcNervion

Supports
Sevilla FC
La Liga has a massive influx of "philosopher" coaches that admire the way Barça plays and try to emulate them. British people have this misconception about the lower liga sides being shit for being trashed by Barça week after week but that's mostly on the extremely naive coaches. Imagine a league full of Wengers, that's what we have. We need more pragmatic managers ASAP if we want a more competitive league.

Edit: just remembering the days of the Super Depor... coaches like Cuper, Irureta, Clemente, Aragonés... I miss that type of coaches, they weren't impressed by bigger sides and did everything in their hand to win, instead of trying to play beautiful football first and hope for results second
My point was that celta are a different team (and more pragmatic) when playing anywhere else, except for Camp Nou. As if they are too scared, and couldn't even bother to at least try. Remember them coming off a tight copa del rey leg and met atletico at vicente calderon couple of days later; they had intensity and lot more cojones and attitude compared to tonight.

Stocar

In last 5 matches between the teams, Celta has 3 wins, including one at Camp Nou.

Status
Not open for further replies.