La liga 2022/23

RG77

Supports
Real Madrid
Camavinga has lost the plot since the goal.
I think he has been Barca’s greatest asset.

This is the second trashing Xavi has over Carlo. Think I called it some time back, amazing how much Carlo’s second season is so similar to his first time stint. Trophyless season yet again.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Barça did very well, clearly dominating. Madrid very disorganised. Camavinga too far forward and Vini with no chance against Araujo.
In defence very bad. Rudiger is not good enough to be a starter.

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
The physical level of the Real Madrid squad is lamentable.

FrankFoot

Supports
Neutral
This isn't the Barca I saw in the CL, what has happened to them. Inter and Bayern absolutely murdered them and here they are destroying Real.
They have done well against spanish teams.

But they are back to what they used to be before Ronaldinho, Rijkard,Guardiola, and Messi arrived there, which was demolish spanish teams and look very soft against european teams.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
He's a different player in a back 4
I would actually sell him this summer. He has a good attitude but I don't think he has the skills both defensively and on the ball to be a starter and he earns too much to be a sub.
I would look for another type of player

Sviken

I think he has been Barca’s greatest asset.

This is the second trashing Xavi has over Carlo. Think I called it some time back, amazing how much Carlo’s second season is so similar to his first time stint. Trophyless season yet again.
Carlo is a magnificient cup manager, but my god he's underperformed in league with every one of his teams so far. His teams just don't have that consistency to go on for 30+ matches and win a title.

prateik

Yeah.. the Barca tie will be really difficult.. They struggled in the CL, but they look pretty good.. also, they dont concede too many goals,.

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
Hopefully this serves as a wake-up call, we've been half asleep for some time now, maybe we will start doing things differently after a beating here.

FrankFoot

Supports
Neutral
Yeah.. the Barca tie will be really difficult.. They struggled in the CL, but they look pretty good.. also, they don't concede too many goals
Against spanish clubs it must be said, they looked underwhelming and soft against european teams, especially Gavi and FDJ.

The only thing United have against, it's that they have a piss poor record against spanish clubs...other than that, i fancy United over Barcelona.

BuzzKillington

I used to really dislike Madrid due to a long-standing grudge over Perez tapping up our players in the early noughties. But the whole beating Liverpool and selling us Case and Varane has really warmed me to them.

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
Modric, who is extremely tired after the World Cup, off.

Ceballos on.

Thiagoal

Maybe an unpopular opinion, but I think Vinicius is massively overrated! Reminds me of Robinho

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
That pass from Ceballos to Militao is 100% nonsensical in professional football.

cyberman

Madrid look slow, maybe it’s just more noticeable this year.
This also might stop the every time they spend many millions on unproven youngsters that means they’re set for the next decade

GlasgowCeltic

Casemiro a big loss for them. People say 60m was a panic overspend. But Casemiro has helped transform us and Madrid are missing something.
massive spanner in the works of what was looking like a pretty well put together midfield transition

mu4c_20le

"Xavi bringing back the good ol days"

Yeah, after activating like 6 economic levers

Ockham

Supports
Barcelona
This isn't the Barca I saw in the CL, what has happened to them. Inter and Bayern absolutely murdered them and here they are destroying Real.
Murdered them, Really??????

Bayern-Barcelona 2-0

Goal attempts 13-18
Possession 47-53

Inter-Barcelona 1-0

Goal attempts 5-7
Possession 28-72

Barcelona-Inter 3-3

Goal attempts 25-11
Possession 62-38

Barcelona-Bayern 0-3

Goal attempts 9-14
Possession 52-48

The last game Barcelona had to win and pushed forward putting everything on line.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Barcelona were very good and Madrid were awful, especially physically but also lacking in ideas.
Obviously Tchouameni and Alaba were missed.
I think Madrid don't want to renew Mendy and will sell him this summer. Seems like a mistake to me. Today, despite the bad night, he seemed the best in defence.
Asensio,Ceballos,Odriozola,Mariano,Nacho...the bench is pitiful. This summer we need to sign a lot of players, not just starters. These months it wouldn't be bad to give minutes to Vinicius Tobias or Arribas among others.
At present the only real substitution is Camavinga or Rodrygo, there is no more.
Camavinga has a lot of desire but I'm still not convinced by his position.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
I was surprised by how easily Barcelona had it. Maybe Madrid didn't do everything because its a glorified friendly match? However, once Barcelona got in front Madrid really struggled.

In a competitive game you can never bet against Madrid. Plus, tonight, Madrid had players missing. However, the upward curve of Barcelona since the start of the season has been interesting to witness.

Marshal

They have done well against spanish teams.

But they are back to what they used to be before Ronaldinho, Rijkard,Guardiola, and Messi arrived there, which was demolish spanish teams and look very soft against european teams.
I don't think the same. Barca also played very well against Bayern in the first match, they just didn't score. I agree that the team is missing a ballon d'or candidate as a 10 like Ronaldinho/Messi/Rivaldo/R9... This is supposed to be Dembele or Ansu Fati but of course they are no where near that.

But with a top 10 or not, the main problem of the team is that Xavi has only 1 year of experience and half of the Team is extremely young. Pedri, Gavi, Balde and Ansu Fati are all below 20! Additionally the team has psychological damage to repair after 5 years of European humiliations without renewing some players on time.

It's definitely not the best Barca of all times, not even close. But the level showed against Eintracht or Inter is also not real and only caused by the young team being under construction and the lack of confidence from the previous years.

They are just very irregular at the moment, last week they were able to play very well against Atletico for 20 minutes and then being trashed for the rest of the match. They just need time and experience IMO. And of course the full renewal of the team which is almost complete, Busquets (today he played well) and Alba need to go

Last edited:

Acheron

Supports
Real Madrid
Any January panic transfer mentioned in the news?
The information is that no one is going to be signed in the winter transfer window, there were some rumors before about Gakpo and even Garnacho but it was more like speculation. Recently I've only read stuff about Endrick but he won't come any time soon this season, or the next, for that matter.

Anyway I'm not so worried about making any signings this window as I think first we need a new manager, so it might better to focus efforts on finding a replacement for Ancelotti and say goodbye to him at the end of the season.

fergiewherearethou

Supports
Erik ten Hag
The information is that no one is going to be signed in the winter transfer window, there were some rumors before about Gakpo and even Garnacho but it was more like speculation. Recently I've only read stuff about Endrick but he won't come any time soon this season, or the next, for that matter.

Anyway I'm not so worried about making any signings this window as I think first we need a new manager, so it might better to focus efforts on finding a replacement for Ancelotti and say goodbye to him at the end of the season.
So, in other words, the guy who went to win the CL and the title 7 months ago is trash and needs to go?

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid

And what is so wrong about Ancelotti in the first place if I may ask?

The squad has some important lackings which are product of very narrow spending in the last years as compared to most clubs in Europe, those who are not so big included.

I would focus first on how the squad could be improved and then think about the coach if anything.

Last edited:

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
So, in other words, the guy who went to win the CL and the title 7 months ago is trash and needs to go?
He’s not trash but after while his apparent lax training methods has an adverse effect on his club sides. Although still tactically brilliant I think the physical levels of Madrid will drop under him eventually which seems the case already

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
We'll be fine in a month, the only problem is the schedule is crazy right now and we're clearly playing ourselves back into fitness. CL is the focus i guess

Acheron

Supports
Real Madrid
He's not trash but the squad is very mature already and needs a lot of investment and I don't think he's the ideal person to be in charge while we rebuild the team. Like with Zidane, when you're very succesful you have your group of players who you trust but as time goes by it becomes harder to the manager to replace them, so that's why I think in this situations you need to go for a change.

Otherwise I don't know why we aren't signing anyone this window if the plan is to stick with Ancelotti beyond this season.

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid

Niemans

Supports
Barcelona, Celta de Vigo
I don't know if Tobias will have many opportunities in the important stretch of matches.
I think he will put Militao or Lucas Vázquez first.