La liga 2022/23

Ragnar123

Supports
Barcelona
Barcelona have not played well for many games this season. That's true. But nobody said that getting out of the economic, sporting and social situation left by Bartomeu was going to be easy and from one year to the next.
Here many said last year that Barcelona would be the new Milan, and would be 10 years without winning league or champions.

Xavi is starting his coaching career in Europe, last year with a young team and lacking quality in many positions. This year with better players, we played better, but there are still important pieces missing: A right back is missing, people who give the last pass, midfielders who control the game with their experience, wingers who have 1v1 (excluding Dembele).

Xavi from his first game in Barcelona until now has evolved and quite a bit.
He started 3-4-3 with 3 centre-backs, four midfielders and 2 wingers. Shortly after he changed to the mythical 4-3-3.
And this year he changed to the LW and put a midfielder (Gavi) who joins in the middle in attack and helps the LB in defense.

He is evolving as a coach and who knows how far he can go. You have to give him time and more after winning the league.

It is also curious how already experienced coaches in Europe do not evolve in a whole year with their tactics and the team continues to play badly and make the same mistakes. And Xavi with each change that the team makes evolves and is more consistent.
And don't forget the extreme bad luck in the cup competitions with injuries (best 3 defenders against Inter, 4 key players in Copa semi-final) and bad referees in CL (clear pen not given against Inter).
I'm pretty sure we're better than Inter if every player is available, but they will reach the final. Luck plays a huge role in cup competitions.

RoyH1

Probably because Barca is one of the most followed teams of the world. If all you do are plain insults, the probabilities of somebody coming to answer are higher.
It is called "statistics".
Who did I insult?

Niemans

Supports
Barcelona, Celta de Vigo
You didn’t acknowledge Barca‘s greatness
Fun this year FC Hollywood, eh? Good thing you have 70,000 leagues in a row.
Pity that penalty so clear not whistled to Dortmund, not even with VAR. But the fun would be even greater.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
Fun this year FC Hollywood, eh? Good thing you have 70,000 leagues in a row.
Pity that penalty so clear not whistled to Dortmund, not even with VAR. But the fun would be even greater.
It is too easy with you. :drool:

CampNou

Supports
FC Barcelona
Who did I insult?
One thing in english is that "you" works for singular and plural.

By the way, I'm actually citing a message where 50% of the phrase is "cheating and corrupt". It is kind of boring that 99% of the messages use that language, no matter the thread.
In your last messages... "Barcelona still struggling with doing things by the book it seems."
A more accurate statetement would be: Forbes still struggling with doing serious journalism it seems.

And my argument still stands, although I don't think you care, because 99% of Barca contents are just pure bashing. That's all. Nobody cares about anything else.

There are more Barca posters because Barca is one of the most followed clubs of the planet and because people are more eager to respond to insults.

That is basic human behavior and statistics. Not very difficult to understand.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Congratulations to Barcelona and the Culés, deserved champions.
Personally I have to admit that I haven't been following la liga so closely for a few weeks now. My priority has been the Champions League.
Our mediocre league and the distance have made me watch Madrid's last few games with disdain.
On the other hand, and without wishing to diminish their victory, I need a resolution to the Negreira case.
I can't help but remember it with every Barcelona win, which prevents me from giving it the value it surely deserves.

RoyH1

One thing in english is that "you" works for singular and plural.

By the way, I'm actually citing a message where 50% of the phrase is "cheating and corrupt". It is kind of boring that 99% of the messages use that language, no matter the thread.
In your last messages... "Barcelona still struggling with doing things by the book it seems."
A more accurate statetement would be: Forbes still struggling with doing serious journalism it seems.

And my argument still stands, although I don't think you care, because 99% of Barca contents are just pure bashing. That's all. Nobody cares about anything else.

There are more Barca posters because Barca is one of the most followed clubs of the planet and because people are more eager to respond to insults.

That is basic human behavior and statistics. Not very difficult to understand.
I'm not insulting anyone. There's investigations open against Barcelona on several levels for their rather creative takes on management and payments/economic management amongst others. In plenty of media outlets that are not Forbes. But of course everything is probably a conspiracy from the grave from Franco buried under the Bernabeu and what have you not.
Until the authorities clear your club of wrongdoing I will call them a cheating and corrupt club in this Manchester United fansite. If you dont like it, go to a Barsa fan site. There are plenty of them out there and people their all share your sense of persecution and delusional sense of entitlement.

GinobiliTheGOAT

I'm not insulting anyone. There's investigations open against Barcelona on several levels for their rather creative takes on management and payments/economic management amongst others. In plenty of media outlets that are not Forbes. But of course everything is probably a conspiracy from the grave from Franco buried under the Bernabeu and what have you not.
Until the authorities clear your club of wrongdoing I will call them a cheating and corrupt club in this Manchester United fansite. If you dont like it, go to a Barsa fan site. There are plenty of them out there and people their all share your sense of persecution and delusional sense of entitlement.
That is a pretty ridiculous statement. Making assumptions until an investigation is over.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
That is a pretty ridiculous statement. Making assumptions until an investigation is over.
Who is not going to make assumptions in this case. More than 7 million euros have been paid to the head of the referees that ended up in a ghost company, his son implicated, camouflaged payments in the accounting and more and more things that come out every day.
What football fan can be indifferent and not draw conclusions or theories before the investigation is finished.
Imagine City, a multitude of complaints for violating the financial fair play, sponsors that do not exist, suspicion of stratospheric commissions to players not accounted for. Are we going to wait until the investigation is over to assume things?

Niemans

Supports
Barcelona, Celta de Vigo
The presumption of innocence exists for a reason.
If tomorrow Barcelona are found innocent here people will start with conspiracy theories. The truth doesn't matter.

GinobiliTheGOAT

Who is not going to make assumptions in this case. More than 7 million euros have been paid to the head of the referees that ended up in a ghost company, his son implicated, camouflaged payments in the accounting and more and more things that come out every day.
What football fan can be indifferent and not draw conclusions or theories before the investigation is finished.
Imagine City, a multitude of complaints for violating the financial fair play, sponsors that do not exist, suspicion of stratospheric commissions to players not accounted for. Are we going to wait until the investigation is over to assume things?
Yes, absolutely. It is up to the courts to prove the allegations lead to a guilty charge. Something can look off but rushing to judgment is beyond ridiculous. The mid slinging from the case only comes out when Barca win or Madrid loses.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Yes, absolutely. It is up to the courts to prove the allegations lead to a guilty charge. Something can look off but rushing to judgment is beyond ridiculous. The mid slinging from the case only comes out when Barca win or Madrid loses.
This is a pretty ridiculous statement. People can rush to judgement all they want, it's fecking human nature to do so. We are not the courts, our judgements are ours and have no impact on the court's ruling. This isn't a case were private lives are endangered/ruined by public opinion. If you have a problem with your vile, cheating scum of a club being called out for being a vile, cheating scum of a club, you can go elsewhere

Niemans

Supports
Barcelona, Celta de Vigo
This is a pretty ridiculous statement. People can rush to judgement all they want, it's fecking human nature to do so. We are not the courts, our judgements are ours and have no impact on the court's ruling. This isn't a case were private lives are endangered/ruined by public opinion. If you have a problem with your vile, cheating scum of a club being called out for being a vile, cheating scum of a club, you can go elsewhere
Stupidity is an essential part of human nature. It's obvious.

We already know your opinion even if there is no proof. And if someone disagrees with your opinion you start insulting and disrespecting. An example of education.

GinobiliTheGOAT

Tell us how you really feel. I get that you’re still sore about being trashed by city and Barca this season, but if you really think all it takes is 7 million over 20+ years to buy all the refs then go ahead. Especially in a league where 90% of refs support Real Madrid including the league’s president.

your club is just as vile after all the Franco crap but of course you’ll turn a blind eye to that. Rushing to judgment is always moronic.

Last edited:

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Tell us how you really feel. I get that you’re still sore about being trashed by city and Barca this season, but if you really think all it takes is 7 million over 20+ years to buy all the refs then go ahead. Especially in a league where 90% of refs support Real Madrid including the league’s president.

your club is just as vile after all the Franco crap but of course you’ll turn a blind eye to that. Rushing to judgment is always moronic.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Iker Quesadillas

Supports
Real Madrid
Yes, absolutely. It is up to the courts to prove the allegations lead to a guilty charge. Something can look off but rushing to judgment is beyond ridiculous.
You have rushed to judgment about this case multiple times (by claiming it's nothing).

Iker Quesadillas

Supports
Real Madrid
I get that you’re still sore about being trashed by city and Barca this season
Real Madrid and Barcelona played 5 times this season. Barcelona won 3, Real Madrid won 2. The biggest margin of victory (by far) was Real Madrid's 0-4 win at the Camp Nou. What world do these people live in?

RG77

Supports
Real Madrid
Really curious what Ancelotti will do for next season. Doesn’t seem like Perez will get him needed investments, like a RB or striker. Bellingham seems to be a done deal going by the reports…but Ancelotti really needs to fix the defense and honestly so much more. Otherwise I fear we’ll have a similar season, and if we draw City or something early, CL exit in like RO16.

We leak too many goals
Teams press us and are effective at it
We have difficulty creating chances (and converting them) against teams that sit back deep

Partly due to a drop in level(s) from the likes of Benzema, Modric, Valverde etc.

GinobiliTheGOAT

Real Madrid and Barcelona played 5 times this season. Barcelona won 3, Real Madrid won 2. The biggest margin of victory (by far) was Real Madrid's 0-4 win at the Camp Nou. What world do these people live in?
yes, by far and away the most injured Barca team of the year. Barca had the better season.

I’ve always said if Barca are guilty in the court case, relegate them.

DeGea

It is kicking off in the Valencia vs Madrid game. Vinicius being abused. Two balls on the pitch. Racist abuse I think.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Barca and Real fans accusing each other of being more corrupt than the other club?
I'm talking about the Valencia Real game on right now where Vini Jr seems to be accusing someone from the crowd of racism or something for the past 10 minutes.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Real Madrid refusing to play on by looks of it.

All started as there were two balls on the pitch and Valencia defender kicks spare one straight at Vini Jr as he's running into box. :lol:

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Ah, no idea, I'm not watching the game, but I guess it's the usual racist abuse Vini is being subjected to in pretty much every away game?
I was paying very little attention and then I see Vini pointing to the crowd like a mad man

PepG

Supports
Ajax
Really curious what Ancelotti will do for next season. Doesn’t seem like Perez will get him needed investments, like a RB or striker. Bellingham seems to be a done deal going by the reports…but Ancelotti really needs to fix the defense and honestly so much more. Otherwise I fear we’ll have a similar season, and if we draw City or something early, CL exit in like RO16.

We leak too many goals
Teams press us and are effective at it
We have difficulty creating chances (and converting them) against teams that sit back deep

Partly due to a drop in level(s) from the likes of Benzema, Modric, Valverde etc.
I think Perez is making a mistake in letting Ancelotti stay for another season. It was mistake to fire him in 2015 and it is mistake to not release him now. I cant see any upgrade under the guidance of Carlo for the next season regardless of the transfers. Imho he is finished at club level and should take the Brazil job.

Mr.Fantastic

Supports
Real Madrid
If anybody doubts how much of a cesspool La Liga has become, look at today`s match. And i don`t mean trash football. Look at the shit Valencia does. Look at ref performance today. Look at cultural state of Spain.

And we stay on the pitch, instead leaving. Thanks Carlo.

RG77

Supports
Real Madrid
I think Perez is making a mistake in letting Ancelotti stay for another season. It was mistake to fire him in 2015 and it is mistake to not release him now. I cant see any upgrade under the guidance of Carlo for the next season regardless of the transfers. Imho he is finished at club level and should take the Brazil job.
I think the bigger mistake in 2015 was getting Benitez..he lucked out with Zidane after.

But yeah, we are getting worse and I feel next season won’t be any different. I don’t see who will be the replacement though.

Zidane 3.0?
Raul/Xabi one of those?

No WC proven manager out there, I’d love Klopp but he won’t take the Madrid job and will stay at Liverpool.

RoyH1

Spain has a big, big racism problem. If I was of African descent I’d think twice about playing there

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
The treatment Vinicius Jr has gotten this season is absolutely staggering. I feel for the guy. Awful

GinobiliTheGOAT

Am I supposed to give a shit that they had injuries? Did the result somehow not happen? Did Real Madrid not win the Copa?
Yup, Barca were the better team this season, they beat Madrid more often this year.

La Liga trophy >>> Copa.

Last edited: