Leicester City owner’s helicopter crashes in car park | Five deaths including Chairman

spwd

Thought it was the least I could do, might not mean much but always nice to show support in current climates.

Actually spent a bit of time roaming around the forum reading the threads, good website actually. Like the notification set up.
Yeah its a pretty good site, just posted this.:(

So so sorry to hear what most of us thought was inevitable, what an absolute tragedy for all involved and their families and everyone connected to LCFC.

As someone who has always lived in the area I’ve always had a soft spot for Leicester and was so happy when you won the league even though you beat us, this upset me greatly yesterday but having just seen the news it has brought me to tears which won’t stop.

The only blessing is that it could’ve been a lot worse, no consolation for the victims I know, but its the only positive I can think of, I hope you understand what I mean.

Redcafe and all Man United fans & the whole football community is with you in this dark time, stay strong LCFC.

Nitsche

Surely the police were there quickly due to it being a football match so there were already on site rather than having to be called? There was some disorder between Leicester and West Ham fans after the game apparently so adrenaline was already running high.
Yeah, it sounds like the helicopter crashed very close to a police car with two officers in who went over to try and smash the windows and rescue those on board but were pushed back by the flames and explosions (Sky News had video of the officers being pushed back by a small explosion on their channel earlier).

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
Surely the police were there quickly due to it being a football match so there were already on site rather than having to be called? There was some disorder between Leicester and West Ham fans after the game apparently so adrenaline was already running high.
Sure, they were on site, but by all witness accounts it seems the police were on their way as it was crashing, rather than responding post event.

They may well have noticed the helicopter spinning and reacted remarkably quickly, but I find it odd that I just read about the extensive use of drones around the stadium once and then never again.

1) Why mention it randomly? Surely the reporter thought it may be relevant.

2) Why not explore that further? Maybe the reporter was (rightly) told to shut it until after a full investigation, lest we get people questioning the use of drones much like some here were calling for helicopter bans last night.

3) But wouldn't you put out a statement dismissing that angle completely if you knew all your drones came back safe and sound?

It's the fact there has been no digging deeper into a very possible reason that makes it a distinct possibility to me.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Leicester police tweeted yesterday I believe that they'd stopped using drones by the time the Helicopter was going to take over.

Guess we'll have to wait until official aviation report (although no doubt they'll be some sort of leak in the press over next few days). Has to be some sort of malfunction or equipment failure.

antohan

Leicester police tweeted yesterday I believe that they'd stopped using drones by the time the Helicopter was going to take over.

Guess we'll have to wait until official aviation report (although no doubt they'll be some sort of leak in the press over next few days). Has to be some sort of malfunction or equipment failure.
Fair enough. That's the sort of statement I would have expected and it's absence was surprising.

fishfingers15

Contributes to username and tagline changes
It's more than sad. I wondered for a minute there if part of the silence and the persistent mention of "one unidentified passenger" was the Chairman having a mistress.

They should clarify that, absolutely.
If they want to go with one unidentified passenger that wishes to remain private, they should absolutely go with it. Idiotic to expect anyone should be clarifying details about mistress. Grow the feck up

antohan

If they want to go with one unidentified passenger that wishes to remain private, they should absolutely go with it. Idiotic to expect anyone should be clarifying details about mistress. Grow the feck up
They have now named the "unidentified" passenger without explaining it was the copilot. They should, it removes any doubt or questions of who that is and what they were doing there.

Wonder Pigeon

'Shelbourne FC Supporter'
Supports
Shelbourne
Five lives lost is an awful tragedy, and terrible for the community as well considering how involved the chairmen was locally. Thoughts are with those connected with this in Leicester and beyond.

fishfingers15

They have now named the "unidentified" passenger without explaining it was the copilot. They should, it removes any doubt or questions of who that is and what they were doing there.
Be that as it may, why the feck should anyone clear up questions about 'mistress' situation? Frankly disgusting way of thinking given the tragedy. feck sake

ShadesOfTomato

Supports
Liverpool
Like others, Leicester has a special place in my heart and I know the area well having lived there for a period. Awful tragedy and my thoughts are with the club and city at this time. Rest in peace.

antohan

Be that as it may, why the feck should anyone clear up questions about 'mistress' situation? Frankly disgusting way of thinking given the tragedy. feck sake
Look, I know it's a sensitive subject as we are talking about people that have died in horrible circumstanceds but:

1) The original poster is right in that this woman is just mentioned as a footnote, the fifth name. I do agree it would be more respectful to acknowledge she was the copilot and died while doing her job.

2) If I were to die halfway across the world because MY helicopter crashed I sure as hell would want my family and acquaintances to know the people on the plane were two aides, pilot and copilot rather than two aides, pilot and random woman none of them ever heard of with no apparent reason to be on MY helicopter.

It's poor reporting and unnecessarily so.

fishfingers15

Look, I know it's a sensitive subject as we are talking about people that have died in horrible circumstanceds but:

1) The original poster is right in that this woman is just mentioned as a footnote, the fifth name. I do agree it would be more respectful to acknowledge she was the copilot and died while doing her job.

2) If I were to die halfway across the world because MY helicopter crashed I sure as hell would want my family and acquaintances to know the people on the plane were two aides, pilot and copilot rather than two aides, pilot and random woman none of them ever heard of with no apparent reason to be on MY helicopter.

I have no problems if someone has a problem when a copilot is identified as just a woman passenger. Now, I'm not sure why that was done that way but sure, can be corrected.

As for your second point, in that scenario, you are fecking dead man, you can't do shit anyway. I lost whatever respect I had for you. Cheers

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff

This was in the police statement. I'm guessing that is what the family wanted.
The families of Eric Swaffer and Izabela Roza Lechowicz ask that they are left alone to grieve privately at this very difficult time and they are not approached by the media
Her family knew that she had died before the statement was released so don't know why the fury in point 2. They want to be left alone so want as little publicity as possible.

The mistress angle is a bit weird. I never thought that. In fact there was speculation over all the passengers before the statement was released.

antohan

I have no problems if someone has a problem when a copilot is identified as just a woman passenger. Now, I'm not sure why that was done that way but sure, can be corrected.

As for your second point, in that scenario, you are fecking dead man, you can't do shit anyway. I lost whatever respect I had for you. Cheers
Legacy? Aftermath for you/family?

I happen to know people who died in car accidents with female company. One of them I can tell it was normal, another I've no idea who the woman was and can hardly say he offered a ride (200 mile trip).

In both cases there's a lot of gossip and, as you are proving, given the delicate subject nobody asks nor clears it up convincingly (I tend to with the former, albeit not convincingly since it's ultimately about what people would rather think/believe/talk about). It pisses me off it lingers and I'm sure the same holds for their relatives regardless of it being true or not.

I didn't come in here to comment on that. Someone mentioned it should be better reported and I added one further valid reason to do so, that's all. The fact it crossed my mind may well be personal experience but, from said personal experience, I can guarantee I wouldn't be the only one.

antohan

This was in the police statement. I'm guessing that is what the family wanted.

Her family knew that she had died before the statement was released so don't know why the fury in point 2. They want to be left alone so want as little publicity as possible.

The mistress angle is a bit weird. I never thought that. In fact there was speculation over all the passengers before the statement was released.
I understand why the family would want to grieve in private, obviously. The BBC and others mentioning she was the copilot would make no difference to that.

Again, it's obvious why she was there and I'm not arguing anything unbecoming, just saying the unnecessary ommission leaves room for such inferences.

fishfingers15

Legacy? Aftermath for you/family?

I happen to know people who died in car accidents with female company. One of them I can tell it was normal, another I've no idea who the woman was and can hardly say he offered a ride (200 mile trip).

In both cases there's a lot of gossip and, as you are proving, given the delicate subject nobody asks nor clears it up convincingly (I tend to with the former, albeit not convincingly since it's ultimately about what people would rather think/believe/talk about). It pisses me off it lingers and I'm sure the same holds for their relatives.

I didn't come in here to comment on that. Someone mentioned it should be better reported and I added one further valid reason to do so, that's all. The fact it crossed my mind may well be personal experience but, from said personal experience, I can guarantee I wouldn't be the only one.
I personally think it's absolutely outrageous that a random antohan can sit in some football forum like redcafe and demand the victims be identified because it may clear up any questions the public may have about victim's mistress, but yeah I'm sure you are only doing it because of public interest. There's no point in dragging this out any further with more than 16 pages of post and only one person has mentioned anything about 'mistress'.

Anyway, good luck.

antohan

I personally think it's absolutely outrageous that a random antohan can sit in some football forum like redcafe and demand the victims be identified because it may clear up any questions the public may have about victim's mistress, but yeah I'm sure you are only doing it because of public interest. There's no point in dragging this out any further with more than 16 pages of post and only one person has mentioned anything about 'mistress'.

Anyway, good luck.
Newsflash: she has been identified, my issue is with the omission of her being the copilot. It harms nobody and helps no end.

Nothing to do with public interest, the public can go feck themselves AFAIC, I fully understood the lack of news and think it was admirable that you didn't have things others demanded like Puel offering proof of life (doesn't have to, to anyone but his close relatives).

I did once witness somebody saying X was dating the son of one of the guys I mentioned and some hag raising her eyebrows that his dad was an adulterer.

Can be cleared, clear it, simple.

Jimmy Skitz

Supports
Leicester City
the mistake is that of Leicestershire Police everyone is simply reporting their statement

Ultimate Grib

Supports
LA Galaxy
the mistake is that of Leicestershire Police everyone is simply reporting their statement
It’s extremely lazy reporting on an extremely important and high interest news event. Took me all but few seconds to find out who she was and deduct why she was on that helicopter.

I posted about it because I didn’t think passingly mentioning her name did her justice and I agree with antohan that peoples mind does wander in these circumstances.

It’s been corrected now across media and I think we can move on from the unnecessary debate and let people pay their respects.

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
RIP

The tribute by Schmeichel, despite me not being a Leicester fan, brought a tear to my eye.

Wooly Red

Supports
Liverpool
Terrible news, my heart goes out to all those in Leicester and the families involved. Reading about the profiles of the people involved was heartbreaking.

MuranoLover

RIP

The tribute by Schmeichel, despite me not being a Leicester fan, brought a tear to my eye.

Great words and I really believe the nice Asian guy has done this all without even trying to make a fancy PR from it .

HE made them Champions of England , that will never ever be forgotten .

RIP , Mr. Chairman

Member 60376

Horrible horrible tragedy. Rest in peace all who lost their lives

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87

Supports
Arsenal
So so terrible even because he sounded like a person who helped Leicester community a lot. R.I.P. :(