Leicester City owner’s helicopter crashes in car park | Five deaths including Chairman

buchansleftleg

RIP

The tribute by Schmeichel, despite me not being a Leicester fan, brought a tear to my eye.

Wow that is a wonderful reaction from Kaspar.

Perhaps some good can come out of this guys tragic death if other club chairman read this tribute and think about how their demise would be reported.

If it prompts some to leave the game or adapt their behaviour then something positive would result.

I have to say I'd love United's players to feel as passionate as Kaspar about the club and it's hierarchy.

El Zoido

It’s incredibly sad. You can see by the reactions of the football world what a great guy he was, and the positive effect he had on the club and its employees. Life can be so cruel at times.

VanGaalEra

RIP to everyone who sadly passed away.

I had not realised the chairman done so much for the local community by donating to schools and hospitals etc. Sad, sad news.

spwd

Just reading foxes talk and it seems the daily fail has taken their cnutishness to the next level and also sky journalists talking shit next to the memorial.

Pace Abuser

Terribly sad day for the club and the wider football community. But more importantly for the family and friends of every person killed.
My heart goes out to everyone touched by these horrific events.

montpelier

I'd guess they're alluding to Miss Thailand 2005 or whatever she was & distinguished by nothing else ever, obviously.

Even if they're right, they are garbage.

AbusementPark

Operates the Unfairest Wheel
Very sad events, seen loads of insensitive comments regarding it and the person saying it was trying to justify it by saying he was making a light hearted comment. Shows the level of maturity and respect some people have online when they feel the need to get likes or retweets by being a prick.

Prodigy24

Just starting to realise how much he meant to the club and the city of Leicester. It was an awful and horrible accident but I've never seen a reaction like this for an owner of a football club, which means that he was obviously loved by a lot of people.

Condolences to his family but also to the families of the other victims. Watching that video with the players around the centre circle made me very emotional.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa

Interesting they've done it this way to honour him (guess a part of Thai Culture) or maybe to try to help the team when he's remembered at the next home game which will be a harrowing experience for all concerned.

Edit: Was Puel in that? Didn't see him with the squad, maybe he was with the other staff on the touchline.

Last edited:
Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"

BBC Journalist too.
Awful.

Doesn't matter whether comments were true or not and doesn't matter if it was a journalist or not.

Basic common decency says you don't say things like that (even if you're thinking it) at a memorial. And to stand at the side with fans around you (who appear to have some compassion and understanding of time and place) and laugh at all, is mind blowing.

His apology makes it worse, looks half hearted and clearly trying to say sorry and hope it goes away. Looking at the replies he's had, doubt it will.... good. "No offence intended" is when you choose the wrong type of phrase or its been misinterpreted... this was clear.

I'm all for giving people chances (none of us are perfect?) but not for that. Shocking lack of respect and only (half) apologising because he got caught out. Sack him, remind all BBC staff of expected standards and prove to the world that the Corporation (we pay for) still stands for something.

MAME DIOUF 32

The BBC also tweeted earlier asking whether the new Brazilian leader is "a refreshing break from political correctness". A total law unto themselves, comfortable and with no regard for the world around them. The sooner the BBC is stripped of its public funding, the better.

Anyway, now that's off my chest, I really hope whoever takes charge of Leicester from now on respects the memory of a much-loved and successful owner by making sure his philosophies continue to underpin the way they operate. That will be the most fitting and valuable tribute imo.

Last edited:

spwd

Thought the Mahrez interview after the match was great in the circumstances, I certainly wouldn’t be able to hold together like that.

Changeisgood

Supports
Arsenal
Such a sad thing. 5 people lost their lives being involved in the game we all love. Keeps things into perspective.

RIP. Best of luck Leicester moving forward from this tragedy.

GolazosRule

The boss was irreplaceable. For me it feels like I took a volley in the stomach and now the game is starting. The boss was so special to the entire Leicester family and you cannot overcome such a loss. Kante & Vardy sat down dinner at the table the boss precisely built for everybody in town in 2015, and it worked brilliantly to defy the odds in the most competitive league in the world on a week to week basis over an entire season. It wasn't one win, it was a masterpiece. The images of the team wearing black and mourning this tragedy inside King Power Stadium convey the disbelief. Condolences to all. Wearing a black armband was a gesture shown by the teams that played at Wembley that I liked... Excuse me please for not wanting to carry on. Condolences

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
The boss was irreplaceable. For me it feels like I took a volley in the stomach and now the game is starting. The boss was so special to the entire Leicester family and you cannot overcome such a loss. Kante & Vardy sat down dinner at the table the boss precisely built for everybody in town in 2015, and it worked brilliantly to defy the odds in the most competitive league in the world on a week to week basis over an entire season. It wasn't one win, it was a masterpiece. The images of the team wearing black and mourning this tragedy inside King Power Stadium convey the disbelief. Condolences to all. Wearing a black armband was a gesture shown by the teams that played at Wembley that I liked... Excuse me please for not wanting to carry on. Condolences
By all accounts, he was a fantastic boss, human being -and you cant say that about many folks.