Leicester City owner’s helicopter crashes in car park | Five deaths including Chairman

dove

You’d be surprised. They’ve had over 600 likes on their tweet!

There’s bound to be one or two on here too thinking the comments are too PC. There always is
Yeah I guess you're right, reported and blocked them.

What's this then?

Implying that he was corrupt and hence...?
Always hated RedIssue, vile twats. How on Earth anyone who has anything to do with Manchester United can not show the utmost respect to an air accident is beyond me. Absolute pondlife.

Tweet reported, everyone on this site should follow suit and ensure that the arseholes get banned.

Jacckk1985

Thinks we should ban Niall
BBC reporting that the owner was on board of the helicopter. One that puzzles me is that, how that takes so long to confirm who were on it and end the speculations of all the reports that went on all night?

Revan

Assumptionman
Pretty sad, he seemed a likeable guy. The only silver lining, if it can be called that in this situation, is that his son wasn't on board.

Btw, WTF does this morally bankrupt Red Issue have against Leicester's owner to celebrate his death? As far as I know, he has nothing to do with our club, not that it is an excuse for such stupidity anyway.
Some people just have a lot of hate within themselves. Red Issue is a forum managed by those type of people.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
BBC reporting that the owner was on board of the helicopter. One that puzzles me is that, how that takes so long to confirm who were on it and end the speculations of all the reports that went on all night?
They'll have known almost immediately one would assume, but they're not gonna make that public until the families of all involved have been spoken to first.

Imagine hearing about the death of you husband/dad etc via Twitter.

buchansleftleg

French media are reporting that Puel and his wife were not on it.

https://www.nicematin.com/faits-div...ur-de-logc-nice-et-de-lasm-claude-puel-272767
It seems to be there are 2 sets of rumours flying round. On some Leicester forums they are saying owner, Puel and both their wives were passengers.

I hope this latest rumour is correct and he is Ok. Losing both would be a horrible blow to a club.

As others have stated they won't release a statement until all close relatives have been informed and with the time difference to Thailand that will be difficult to achieve quickly.

Member 93275

I hope this latest rumour is correct and he is Ok.
They are quoting Gregory Campi, a "close friend" still working at Monaco, who got worried after the first reports and was "assured" he and his wife were not on board.

Jacckk1985

Thinks we should ban Niall
They'll have known almost immediately one would assume, but they're not gonna make that public until the families of all involved have been spoken to first.

Yes, but more than 12 hours for that all? Seems weirdly slow for the case. There could have been a report sending out who denying the rumors of those who weren't on board first, then confirming later who were.

King_Cantona07

Probably since is private flight, owners can take on passengers as long as it’s got capacity to seat and is not crossing borders during flight path. My guess. Hope some news come today.

Update: Puel gives a statement that he was not on board

Kostur

海尔的老板
French media are reporting that Puel and his wife were not on it.

https://www.nicematin.com/faits-div...ur-de-logc-nice-et-de-lasm-claude-puel-272767
Yup, seems he thankfully wasn't on board.

https://www.francetvinfo.fr/sports/...t-se-dit-epouvantablement-triste_3007543.html

He spoke to the radio above and him and his wife are both okay.
"C'est une tragédie pour le club", a déclaré Claude Puel. "Je pense très fort aux victimes et à leurs familles et je voulais rassurer tous les gens qui s'inquiètent me concernant. Je suis épouvantablement triste mais je vais bien".
Which translates roughly into 'It's a tragedy for the club, my thoughts are with the victims and their families and I would like to reassure everybody concerned about me that I'm incredibly saddened by the tragedy but safe'.

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
Yes, but more than 12 hours for that all? Seems weirdly slow for the case. There could have been a report sending out who denying the rumors of those who weren't on board first, then confirming later who were.
Why? The club and the authorities have more important things to do. Denying some rumours means letting other rumours run - they're trying not to add to the speculation.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
If I’ve learnt anything from the media regards to football stuff, it’s that BBC is definitely one of the more reputable sources out there for information and I really don’t think their level of journalists would speak out over half rumours, speculation and conjecture on live television.
It was a minor news anchor who probably dosen't know anything about football so confused the roles of the ownership and management. Puel is safe and well according to French news.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
I get the feeling the BBC report was an inexperienced presenter getting ahead of herself and saying something on air she shouldn't have. There's YouTube video going around that appears to show everyone getting on the helicopter (although it's not immediately clear when this footage was filmed) and it doesn't look like Puel was there.
She's a relief presenter. Was on a programme called BBC world news (filler programme through the night). Guess she looked at a few twitter rumours and didn't have time/didn't bother researching who was potentially who. I agree casually mentioning "the manager" shouldn't have been said, better to just say Leicester officials.

Oldyella

And I imagine the family who will need to be told are not UK based.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Why? The club and the authorities have more important things to do. Denying some rumours means letting other rumours run - they're trying not to add to the speculation.
According to Foxestalk the club are waiting for the owners son to arrive in England from Thailand (seeing as it's very likely his Dad has perished) and then statement will be released in next few hours.

Guy Incognito

Why would anyone be following this crap in the first place? I don't think any Man United fan want to be linked with these idiots in any way.
The 'Hillsborough Cow' should've been the tipping point, vile cartoon that they continue to defend.

::sonny::

Strange about Puel

If he is not involved he could release a statement saying “i was not in the helicopter, thanks for interesting, i’m fine and praying for the victims”

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Strange about Puel

If he is not involved he could release a statement saying “i was not in the helicopter, thanks for interesting, i’m fine and praying for the victims”
He probably dosen't read social media so dosen't realise the small fuss being made over him. French media confirmation is good enough for me as he obviously knows more of their journalists than UK ones.

Edit: The club have also probably told all club employees to keep quiet until official statement is released.

Darkhorsez

Just signed up on foxestalk forum just to post a message of support for what must be a horrible and depressing time for their city and club.

Utdstar01

Tragic news. What a horrendous day. I'm from Leicester and it'll hit the community really hard. He dragged the club out of precarious position and invested so much time, money and love into the club to make Leicester a successful Premier league household club again. Truly sad.

Fully Fledged

This is extremely bad news. My hart goes out to the families of the victims.

Sunday Supplement are saying that the owner, his daughter, 2 pilots and an unidentified person were on board.

RW2

Supports
Eintracht Frankfurt
I’m watching Sky News and they’re now reporting all on the helicopter are dead.
Terribly sad.

It would literally be a miracle if anyone on board survived.

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Shouldn't be as affected by this tragedy, but can't help feel really bad for Leicester fans. He seemed like a genuinely nice guy and someone who cared for their club. How many owners celebrate their birthday with the fans!
Additionally, think he did help the community as well, as per some reports.