Leicester City owner’s helicopter crashes in car park | Five deaths including Chairman

CM

Horrible scenes, made worse by the fact there is no good outcome from this.

Chairman Steve

If I’ve learnt anything from the media regards to football stuff, it’s that BBC is definitely one of the more reputable sources out there for information and I really don’t think their level of journalists would speak out over half rumours, speculation and conjecture on live television.

mu4c_20le

Not to be insensitive, but given the seriousness of the reporting of the situation and obvious suppressing of information, i'm already expecting the worst but hope for the best. RIP to all those onboard and condolences to their their families.

James Peril

Hmm... it has been a few hours now, starting to get worried why we haven’t gotten any news/proof of life for Puel here.. I mean, the newspapers know all the facts now (but can’t really publish anything specific of course), but they could say Puel is at home to make the rumors go away. Very worrying.

ShadesOfTomato

Supports
Liverpool
Hmm... it has been a few hours now, starting to get worried why we haven’t gotten any news/proof of life for Puel here.. I mean, the newspapers know all the facts now (but can’t really publish anything specific of course), but they could say Puel is at home to make the rumors go away. Very worrying.
Believe there were no manager interviews shown after the Leicester game on MOTD either.

WensleyMU

Puel was interviewed after the match but earlier someone posted that French media had said he was on the helicopter.

Frosty

Logical and sensible but turns women gay
From what I have read French and Spanish media sources are identifying the names of multiple casualties but as far as I know there have been no UK based reports, bar the unconfirmed reports mentioned on the BBC

Zoo

BBC reporter at the scene saying they don’t know who was on board yet.

Bojan11

From what I have read French and Spanish media sources are identifying the names of multiple casualties but as far as I know there have been no UK based reports, bar the unconfirmed reports mentioned on the BBC
French and Spanish are making it up and guessing.

How would they know? I doubt if Puel was on board that his relatives are making calls to journalists at this time.

Incident like this it can take time to identify the bodys.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
BBC reporter at the scene saying they don’t know who was on board yet.
Well that's got to be rubbish, they'd have a flight log surely.

James Peril

Well that's got to be rubbish, they'd have a flight log surely.
Of course they know by now, and that’s why the silence is worrying so long after the accident. The media already have the articles written.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
They have to let the families know first so I'm sure nothing will come out just yet.

Tommy

bigot with fetish for footballers getting fingered
Supports
Liverpool
They have to let the families know first so I'm sure nothing will come out just yet.
Likely the case. With the owner being Thai, I'd have to guess that nothing will be announced until all of his family & contacts over there have been informed (if he was on board, that is). I reckon we'll have full details on who was in the copter by the morning.

fellaini's barber

Just heard about this, hands were shaking as I was desperately trying to confirm if it was in or out the stadium. Terrible terrible stuff

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
Youd think Puel and the owner would put out statements by now.

Fergies Gum

Youd think Puel and the owner would put out statements by now.
Its pretty clear now that the owner was on board. The club will have informed Puel and other employees to keep quiet until the statement is released in the morning.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
I don’t think Puel was on board. He is supposed to live locally and the helicopter was probably off to London.

galwayfa

This could end up been one of English footballs saddest days, with Glen hoddle been sick too.

#6pogba

Would be great if United and Everton could get the Leicester crest on the sleeve of jersey tomorrow instead of premier league badge.

Centenary Boy

Supports
Liverpool
I get the feeling the BBC report was an inexperienced presenter getting ahead of herself and saying something on air she shouldn't have. There's YouTube video going around that appears to show everyone getting on the helicopter (although it's not immediately clear when this footage was filmed) and it doesn't look like Puel was there.

RedDevil@84

That's such a tragic accident.
Anyways, I guess we all knew the owner would have been on board. The chopper wouldn't have taken off, if it was meant for him