Leicester City owner’s helicopter crashes in car park | Five deaths including Chairman

Member 93275

Source.

Leo Bruka, 27, who lives near the stadium, told The Telegraph he was driving home from work when he saw the helicopter falling.

"I saw the helicopter coming down, it was spinning very quickly.

"In front of me was a police car. Before it fell the police car went straight away towards where it was falling and I followed them.

"We were less than five seconds away. When we went there there was a man who I think was working inside the property of King Power stadium who opened the back gate.

"The helicopter didn't fall in the [fans'] car park. It fell inside the territory of the stadium. The car park is very close. It might be a car park for the staff because it's in the stadium.

"One of the policeman ran straight away to the helicopter and another got out a fire extinguisher. The first policeman was tying to break the glass of the helicopter, the window, then in this moment I saw a women in tears crying out loud because I think the helicopter just missed her, she was about 20 metres away.

"The fire just started and then there was an explosion.The policemen tried to calm down the fire. The police response was very quick. This all happened in less than one minute, then I could hear all the police coming around the stadium. They hadn't left yet after the match.

"A policeman asked me to stop filming because someone was in the helicopter."
He posted the video on his twitter account.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
No doubt gonna change the rules about helicopters landing and taking off from football stadiums. The use of a helicopter to and from the stadium always seemed a little unsafe and utterly unnecessary to me. Hopefully everyone is ok.

JMack1234

It sounds pretty dire. If the people on that helicopter were safe or in the hospital I think we'd of heard by now.

Tommy

bigot with fetish for footballers getting fingered
Supports
Liverpool
It sounds pretty dire. If the people on that helicopter were safe or in the hospital I think we'd of heard by now.
Yup, same... As much as we might hate to admit it, I think we all know deep down that the chances of anyone making it out of that alive are pretty much non-existent.

James Peril

No doubt gonna change the rules about helicopters landing and taking off from football stadiums. The use of a helicopter to and from the stadium always seemed a little unsafe and utterly unnecessary to me. Hopefully everyone is ok.
Why? This doesn’t make any sense, helicopters fly over and close to people all the time. Helis take off from ships, tall buildings everywhere in crowded cities, hospitals of course... a crash into crowded spaces are always possible in theory. Are they going to ban helicopters landing on the top of skyscrapers? Or oil-rigs, where an accident could possibly kill everyone on it. Taking off from an empty football field, from flat ground where there is little to no wind, is absolutely no problem for me. And I hate helicopters and would never get into one.

Wayne's World

Any news since? Haven't checked it for awhile but hearing SkySports reported that the chairman and DOF wasn't on the helicopter? Any truth in it so don't want to spread rumours

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Why? This doesn’t make any sense, helicopters fly over and close to people all the time. Helis take off from ships, tall buildings everywhere in crowded cities, hospitals of course... a crash into crowded spaces are always possible in theory. Are they going to ban helicopters landing on the top of skyscrapers? Or oil-rigs, where an accident could possibly kill everyone on it. Taking off from an empty football field, from flat ground where there is little to no wind, is absolutely no problem for me. And I hate helicopters and would never get into one.
Yeah that's fair enough. Just seen it as a little unnecessary really. Hopefully everyone is alright here though.

Member 93275

Any news since? Haven't checked it for awhile but hearing SkySports reported that the chairman and DOF wasn't on the helicopter? Any truth in it so don't want to spread rumours
They said the vice-chairman (his son) and the DOF.

Jimmy Skitz

Supports
Leicester City
I don't think it can be overstated how loved Vichai and his family are by Leicester fans, they are the most generous people you could ever wish for to own a football club, no expense has been spared on field or off.

It should also be noted that they have given extremely generously to local hospitals and charities without ever seeking publicity for it.

as I write this on Saturday night nothing is yet confirmed but its probably safe to assume that the owner was aboard his own helicopter, whilst I hope for a miracle I cannot help but fear the worst and I'm not ashamed to say I've shed more than one tear.

If our worst fears are confirmed then thank you simply doesn't do it justice to how grateful we are to him and much we will miss Vichai, he wasn't born into Leicester fandom but he has become one of our own and clearly proud of it.

Tommy

bigot with fetish for footballers getting fingered
Supports
Liverpool
I don't think it can be overstated how loved Vichai and his family are by Leicester fans, they are the most generous people you could ever wish for to own a football club, no expense has been spared on field or off.

It should also be noted that they have given extremely generously to local hospitals and charities without ever seeking publicity for it.

as I write this on Saturday night nothing is yet confirmed but its probably safe to assume that the owner was aboard his own helicopter, whilst I hope for a miracle I cannot help but fear the worst and I'm not ashamed to say I've shed more than one tear.

If our worst fears are confirmed then thank you simply doesn't do it justice to how grateful we are to him and much we will miss Vichai, he wasn't born into Leicester fandom but he has become one of our own and clearly proud of it.
I know it's not much condolence while you & those you love have to endure losing someone so clearly important to you, but I do hope you know that everyone stands by Leicester City FC right now. Regardless of football rivalries, disagreements, the usual banter, all that nonsense... It's unimportant. Everyone stands by you. We hope nothing but the best for your club, whatever comes from this.

spwd

Id give a like if I could :(

WensleyMU

Hopefully we get some good news, people got out in time or with less severe injuries.

hobbers

Don't think anyone will have gotten out of the crashed helicopter unless they were dragged out. Not much chance they'd be conscious after that.

Someone

Something
I don't expect any good news out of this, as any injuries would've been confirmed much earlier.

I think it's just a case of identifying bodies at the moment.

Tragic for the club.

Deleted member 101472

What? It's about this. Don't get arsey with me about sharing a tweet ffs
The only thing that’s arsey was you sharing the tweet, and anyone else drawing attention to it.

This is a thread about a horrific accident and you decided to talk about a god awful tweet and give it even more air time. And now here I am giving you more attention being totally hypocritical but left unchecked you’ll just assume what you did was okay and it wasn’t. Learn.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
That would be as irrational as banning helicopter flights over cities.

When an airborne incident happens it is usually tragic. Which is why the air industry is one of the most regulated in the world, and why incidents like this are extremely rare.

A fair compromise would be to delay helicopter landings/takeoff until the stadium is completely empty. But what if you need a helicopter in the air for surveillance around a major stadium event?

acrebo

Source.

Leo Bruka, 27, who lives near the stadium, told The Telegraph he was driving home from work when he saw the helicopter falling.

"I saw the helicopter coming down, it was spinning very quickly.

"In front of me was a police car. Before it fell the police car went straight away towards where it was falling and I followed them.

"We were less than five seconds away. When we went there there was a man who I think was working inside the property of King Power stadium who opened the back gate.

"The helicopter didn't fall in the [fans'] car park. It fell inside the territory of the stadium. The car park is very close. It might be a car park for the staff because it's in the stadium.

"One of the policeman ran straight away to the helicopter and another got out a fire extinguisher. The first policeman was tying to break the glass of the helicopter, the window, then in this moment I saw a women in tears crying out loud because I think the helicopter just missed her, she was about 20 metres away.

"The fire just started and then there was an explosion.The policemen tried to calm down the fire. The police response was very quick. This all happened in less than one minute, then I could hear all the police coming around the stadium. They hadn't left yet after the match.

"A policeman asked me to stop filming because someone was in the helicopter."
I’m sure you can hear a police officer say something like “the pilot’s still alive” in the first video clip this guy posted on Twitter.

Horrific event, can’t get my head around it. :(

Matteh

Thoughts with all those affected. Hoping for the best but it's not looking good :(

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
That would be as irrational as banning helicopter flights over cities.

When an airborne incident happens it is usually tragic. Which is why the air industry is one of the most regulated in the world, and why incidents like this are extremely rare.

A fair compromise would be to delay helicopter landings/takeoff until the stadium is completely empty. But what if you need a helicopter in the air for surveillance around a major stadium event?
Yeah that's fair enough, tbf. When i say it's unnecessary, i mean in terms of shepherding a owner to and from a stadium. Just seems a bit...excessive. In terms of surveillance or any other emergency situation that's a different point all together. When i say i think a change may be enforced, i'm strictly talking about dropping off and picking up owners who could get away from the stadium though other means. Strictly taking about situations that can be avoided. I'm not talking a complete ban in every circumstance.

Deleted member 101472

I’m sure you can hear a police officer say something like “the pilot’s still alive” in the first video clip this guy posted on Twitter.

Horrific event, can’t get my head around it. :(
At about 11 seconds of the video it sounds like someone shouting “help me”

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
The only thing that’s arsey was you sharing the tweet, and anyone else drawing attention to it.

This is a thread about a horrific accident and you decided to talk about a god awful tweet and give it even more air time. And now here I am giving you more attention being totally hypocritical but left unchecked you’ll just assume what you did was okay and it wasn’t. Learn.
You're a condescending one aren't you? Stop looking for an argument and you wouldn't 'give me more attention', as if I could give a feck about it.

You're the one that's now reduced it to this in the thread, hypocritically enough again.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
Yeah that's fair enough, tbf. When i say it's unnecessary, i mean in terms of shepherding a owner to and from a stadium. Just seems a bit...excessive. In terms of surveillance or any other emergency situation that's a different point all together. When i say i think a change may be enforced, i'm strictly talking about dropping off and picking up owners who could get away from the stadium though other means. I'm not talking a complete ban in every circumstance.
That’s fair enough

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello

Thank God you're here to tell everyone what they can and can't talk about. Patronising pr1ck.

jungledrums

Jeez mate, relax. I feel your anger is misplaced.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
They've always been like that and thrive off the attention. That doesn't even rank in the top 10 disgusting things they've tweeted before.
Wow, had no idea. This is the same Red Issue I always heard being sold outside OT?

Zoo

Hopefully that BBC presenter is mistaken about Puel being on board.