Leicester City owner’s helicopter crashes in car park | Five deaths including Chairman

Jimmy Skitz

Supports
Leicester City
Media milking the cow. They could have easily released all the info by now, even if unofficial, but that's not good for business. Better to have all the worried people clicking and clicking links in hope for any info.
I don't know about Australia but here the Police are in charge of when Victims can be named to the media and that won't be done until they are formally identified and families informed

::sonny::

No official statements by anyone after 20 hrs

This explains a lot about the graveness of the situation:

- Why does a private helicopter land in the middle of a city in a stadium (has it all the licences?)

- What happened to the engine, why does it stalled?

- Identify the victims, an explosion of an helicopter full of fuel with temperatures around 1200 degrees or more, it doesn’t remain much to identify

Jimmy Skitz

Supports
Leicester City
No official statements by anyone after 20 hrs

This explains a lot about the graveness of the situation:

- Why does a private helicopter land in the middle of a city in a stadium (has it all the licences?)

- What happened to the engine, why does it stalled?

- Identify the victims, an explosion of an helicopter full of fuel with temperatures around 1200 degrees or more, it doesn’t remain much to identify
they have done this for pretty much every home game since they have owned the club, they have also used the helicopter to get to the training ground on multiple occasions

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Yep when you think he's owned it from 2010 and goes to most home games this trip has been done 100 + times.

Clearly something went wrong on arrival as this helicopter must've come in from London and obviously the pilot didn't sense anything wrong in the incoming journey otherwise they'd surely have been warned and taken a car down to London.

Tragic anyway.

Fridge chutney

Why so sure?

For similar accidents but with unknown people, they tell the whole situation right away.
Often details of the victims are released after families and next of kin have been informed.

If the news orgs and journalists get hold of information first, they'll release it unless not allowed. There's usually a race to break a story/info.

I just don't think it's feasible for there to be a giant media concerted effort to milk this by withholding details.

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
Yep when you think he's owned it from 2010 and goes to most home games this trip has been done 100 + times.

Clearly something went wrong on arrival as this helicopter must've come in from London and obviously the pilot didn't sense anything wrong in the incoming journey otherwise they'd surely have been warned and taken a car down to London.

Tragic anyway.
Also the helicopter must have just taken off and landed in the stadium, so it was working before that.

Also a helicopter stall *is* survivable. You can control and land a stalled helicopter somewhat.

Could have happened for so many reasons. Guess we'll find out.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Sick of the rumours going around.

Why people feel the need to make assumptions of who was/wasn’t on the helicopter is beyond me.

I guess everyone just wants to be first to break the news, it’s a bit sick really.
First, fast, feck the facts.

That's the age we live in.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
First, fast, feck the facts.

That's the age we live in.
I'd say with the whole fake news hyperbole that's come to the fore in the last two years people are desperate to try to get the facts as quick as possible to stop idiots disrupting those stories.

montpelier

I didn't think there would be much on this while today's footy was on, tbh.

No 'will' for that from the key players - authorities, football sector or the media people.

Just the course of things rather than manipulation though.

Renegade81

Tragic anyway.
No the helicopter resides a short distance away at Leicesters training ground. Usually the chairman drives to the training ground for taking off in the helicopter, i know this as a family member lives a a couple of doors away from their training ground.

Sanchez7

Terrible news. He was obviously well liked by the fans and the team achieved something magical under his ownership.

Rest in peace.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
No the helicopter resides a short distance away at Leicesters training ground. Usually the chairman drives to the training ground for taking off in the helicopter, i know this as a family member lives a a couple of doors away from their training ground.
Ah thanks for filling me in. I just read it was due to go to London (for I assume a flight to Thailand) so just thought it had come from there. Guess a short haul flight like that wouldn't have detected anything.

NiceGuyEddie

Also the helicopter must have just taken off and landed in the stadium, so it was working before that.

Also a helicopter stall *is* survivable. You can control and land a stalled helicopter somewhat.

Could have happened for so many reasons. Guess we'll find out.
From the eyewitness accounts I've read, sounds more like something caused the tail rotor to cease functioning. It is possible to make a survivable landing if this occurs at cruise speed, using the auto-rotate technique, but the chances are much reduced if it happens in the hover or at very low speed, which seem likely in this case.

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
That movie about Leicester just got a terribly sad ending :(

Hanky panky

My friend is friend of Aiyawatt. And he told earlier today that father was on board, son not and daughter almost sure not. She got a child around month ago and wasnt in Uk. So that tweet last page should be right. I dont have rights to quote it. And if somebody asks, i have lived in Bkk part time since 2011. Sad story but at least daughter wasnt there if my information is correct, like i believe/hope it is.

Enigma_87

You know who
From the eyewitness accounts I've read, sounds more like something caused the tail rotor to cease functioning. It is possible to make a survivable landing if this occurs at cruise speed, using the auto-rotate technique, but the chances are much reduced if it happens in the hover or at very low speed, which seem likely in this case.
At low speed and low altitude is almost impossible to control such malfunction, if the reports about the tail rotor are true.

Sounds like he didn't have much air to operate into.

Terrible news, hopefully there were fewer people on board than the initial reports..

Camy89

Love Island obsessive
The fact that there's no mention of 'Leicester owner in critical condition' suggests what everyone fears.

Tragic event. Really feel for Leicester, what a shitty thing to happen to them.

Nuts

My friend is friend of Aiyawatt. And he told earlier today that father was on board, son not and daughter almost sure not. She got a child around month ago and wasnt in Uk. So that tweet last page should be right. I dont have rights to quote it. And if somebody asks, i have lived in Bkk part time since 2011. Sad story but at least daughter wasnt there if my information is correct, like i believe/hope it is.
Thanks. Hope you’re right.

Snash93

Supports
Liverpool
Absolutely awful, it's tragic and am simply lost for words.

Rojofiam

Guardian saying no survivors and only the owner was onboard from his family and 4 others.

DCP

I was in the hospitality at The King Power yesterday, I saw the Helicopter land on the pitch and there definitely was something not quite right with the way it landed. They have recently installed a new giant screen in one of the ends and it looked as though the air pressure differences was causing a huge imbalance. The helicopter looked as though it was being spun and dragged to the screen and ended up landing in the middle of the half rather than in the centre circle as usual.

We spoke about it landed and brushed it off as one of those things, but from where it went down it looks as though it could have caused similar issues on the way up, causing him to overcompensate.

Absolutely shocking incident and the whole county is in mourning.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
Sounds like one of the better owners in the Premier League, horrible way to go.

Hope all that are effected by this are able to grieve in peace and not hounded for comments etc.

Camy89

Love Island obsessive
Just saw your post on foxes talk @Camy89 :)
Thought it was the least I could do, might not mean much but always nice to show support in current climates.

Actually spent a bit of time roaming around the forum reading the threads, good website actually. Like the notification set up.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
BBC news at ten just confirmed the death of the owner.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
How very sad..

Thankful that none of his family was travelling with him, it would have been even more heartbreaking.

Condolences as well to the family of the other 4 people who died.