Leicester City owner’s helicopter crashes in car park | Five deaths including Chairman

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Why not? It's a crazy thing to happen which will reverberate around the football world if worst to be expected.
Hugely disrespectful if people are playing games tomorrow.

I wouldn't put it past the PL though.
I don't mean to sound a cnut, but when you start cancelling games for "tragedies" then where do you draw the line on what's "enough" of a tragedy to cancel games over?

It becomes a topic in itself when that happens. I actually don't think it's disrespectful at all to play games tomorrow. Disrespectful would be having some kind of weird helicopter show potentially, not playing a game of football.

Pay respects at the start of the game, then play.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Tough one. I always remember when Muamba collapsed live on tv and was fighting for his life, games took place the next day although our next game was v Bolton and that was rightly cancelled.

Gary Speed death was announced on a Sunday lunchtime and Swansea Villa was still played an hour later.

I think games will go ahead but Leicester are well within their rights to ask for their next games to be cancelled.
It is a tough one. I shouldn't have speculated but I couldn't help it if that makes sense since we're all United fans here. I wouldn't be surprised if games got called off tomorrow if the worst happened and rightly so imo.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
I don't mean to sound a cnut, but when you start cancelling games for "tragedies" then where do you draw the line on what's "enough" of a tragedy to cancel games over?

It becomes a topic in itself when that happens. I actually don't think it's disrespectful at all to play games tomorrow. Disrespectful would be having some kind of weird helicopter show potentially, not playing a game of football.

Good point.

I'm sure the players will pay their respects before kick-off.

CA1

The Helicopter is the cause of death.

The people involed is the biggest concern. And the people were heavily involved in football at the highest level in this country. There should be a 24 hours abstaining of football in this country IMO. It's symbolic.

Paxi

past similar incidents didnt lead to cancellations, so I doubt they will this time
I'm sorry... Daft thing to speculate on my part. Let's just see what happens with the folks that were on board. I'm not holding on to much hope but....

fecking truly horrible.

Pfmpd

Supports
Liverpool
Doesn't look good from the footage, which should not be being shown on the Internet.

People connected high up in the club have family's and they could very well be watching it. Absolute cnuts putting videos on twitter so soon. Just to be first and to get people watching their video. Wankers.

JSArsenal

A helicopter crash... I hope someone made it out alive but I think its very unlikely.

Its just a tragedy. You leave home to enjoy a game of football and then this happens.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
The Helicopter is the cause of death.

The people involed is the biggest concern. And the people were heavily involved in football at the highest level in this country. There should be a 24 hours abstaining of football in this country IMO. It's symbolic.
I just really don't agree. Sorry.

montpelier

Do we know who was on board, and do we know if there are any survivors?
40 minutes after Final whistle

situation on the ground is not clear

''surprise if anyone on board could survive'' - says the Sky reporter

BlueHaze

That clip FootyGirl linked looks like the crash site of Paul Walker. There is no way anyone on board survived that. If someone was concious after crashing the flames and smoke will almost instantly kill them anyway. It looks absolutely terrible, I hope I am wrong.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
It is a tough one. I shouldn't have speculated but I couldn't help it if that makes sense since we're all United fans here. I wouldn't be surprised if games got called off tomorrow if the worst happened and rightly so imo.
I wouldn't have an issue if there weren't any English games tomorrow, plenty more important things in the world than football but generally football plays on if it's just related to one club nowadays. You'll only see a full cancellation in future if the Queen dies during the football season.

Guess clubs will be given an option if they want to play.

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
Hopefully no one on the ground as others have said

Paxi

A helicopter crash... I hope someone made it out alive but I think its very unlikely.

Its just a tragedy. You leave home to enjoy a game of football and then this happens.
Again, it's highly speculative, but it depends on various factors. It doesn't look good though.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
we have a home game on Tuesday night in the Cup, I doubt that'll be played
I imagine if the worst happens you'll also push for your next league game to be cancelled. Would be well within your rights.

Pace Abuser

Nothing should be cancelled. The line of what should or shouldn't lead to a cancellation of games is just too arbitrary to reasonably apply.
Lesicester City may understandably cancel their game but no one else will or should. Pay your respect and play.

CA1

I just really don't agree. Sorry.
Chairmen are usually very pally with fellow chairmen. They wine and dine each other at games etc. I don't know if its quite the same now with lots of owners from overseas and not match attending owners but I think the chairmen themselves would call the games off if they had a good relationship with these owners.

The Glazers for eg don't go to games and won't even know who they are so they aren't going to cancel it but Palace chairman might for eg. And then United hopefully follow suit.

Devil81

I don't see how anyone from that helicopter survived, fingers crossed they did but I can't see it.

This further increases my fear of flying in a helicopter, I've had a few opportunities over the years but have a real phobia.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
40 minutes after Final whistle

situation on the ground is not clear

''surprise if anyone on board could survive'' - says the Sky reporter
Yeah I saw a bit of the report by Rob Dorsett (Leicester City reporter for SSN).

Way he was speaking I get the impression he's been briefed the owner was on board but can't confirm anything until Hospital makes a statement.

Very sad stuff seeing all the fans still around the ground.

Che Guevara

Supports
Celtic
No details of people on board, but the heli usually carries the owner's family to and from the stadium. The heli plunged in a fireball and so far there are no reports regarding any survivors. Police to release further details later.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Chairmen are usually very pally with fellow chairmen. They wine and dine each other at games etc. I don't know if its quite the same now with lots of owners from overseas and not match attending owners but I think the chairmen themselves would call the games off if they had a good relationship with these owners.

The Glazers for eg don't go to games and won't even know who they are so they aren't going to cancel it but Palace chairman might for eg. And then United hopefully follow suit.
Leicester owner pretty much every home game with his Son, always shown a lot in the stands on the highlights. BT might've actually shown him tonight with all the speculation lately about Claude Paul.

Apparently his son is in Thailand and wasn't at the game. Certainly a very hands on owner and also in the area. He provided money to the main hospital in the city very recently apparently.

drdoityourself

Awful couple of tweets on Red Issue account concerning this tragedy.

Looks hopeless that anyone has survived, hope I'm wrong.

FlapR

Hopefully went up in flames after the crash happened and wasn't instant.

Paxi

This is bloody huge. I mean if worst comes to worst - this will have long term effects on Leicester City.

spwd

Believe its usually just the owners.

Hopefully no one on the ground as others have said

To be honest that car park isn’t very big but the stadium empties pretty quickly but I guess there would’ve been some people there even 30 minutes after the match.

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
A lot of marshy land in that area.

I can't really tell from the images but hopefully has gone down away from the car parks

Nuts

Awful couple of tweets on Red Issue account concerning this tragedy.

Looks hopeless that anyone has survived, hope I'm wrong.
Christ, those tweets are unbelievable.

How damaged a person must you be to need to make fun in public of either of the unpleasant news items today?