Leicester City owner’s helicopter crashes in car park | Five deaths including Chairman

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Where are you hearing that?
Leicester forum. Apparently confirmed on local radio but I have no idea. Could be speculation.

Edit: it’s shit, not confirmed anything.

Jimmy Skitz

Supports
Leicester City
@rcoobc

That's where I thought it was too. Can you get out that way?
no, the gate is in the side street where you walk towards Morrison's its a staff area so they would have still been in the stadium and there is no pedestrian access, from where the emergency services are I don't think it made the fence.

PLEASE stop speculating as to who was on board

Sarni

Nothing confirmed, they are spreading rumors.

Sarni

The owner will for sure have been there if it was his helicopter though.

spwd

From foxestalk.

11 minutes ago, FilbertFrog said:

Just had a call from a copper mate on scene, what he has just told me has left me numb im logging off now

tomorrow we all mourn

Similar. Gutted. I feel sick.

Sounds very bad and someone on the thread said radio Leicester mentioned 8 fatalities unfortunately.

Jam

From supporters of a club that have had their own air disaster to tweet like that, Red Issue is a fecking embarrassment. Odious cnut.

Thoughts go out to everyone affected by this, hope casualties are kept to a minimum but from what I'm hearing it doesn't bode well for anybody that was on board.

Member 93275

Heli wouldn't land on the field just to take off with the pilot only. If I was the owner, I would have let the club twitter by now I wasn't in it. So it looks very grim, with the heli on its side and witnesses saying it caught fire immediately.

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
West Ham have confirmed that their staff and players had already left the stadium when the helicopter crashed. Which lines up with the idea that most fans will have already left the immediate area as well.

Decade long lurker

From supporters of a club that have had their own air disaster to tweet like that, Red Issue is a fecking embarrassment. Odious cnut.

Thoughts go out to everyone affected by this, hope casualties are kept to a minimum but from what I'm hearing it doesn't bode well for anybody that was on board.
100% agree. Our own aviation tragedy is ingrained in our psyche. It evokes pure emotion within all of us. Appalling.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Local ITV reporter just posted that ambulance has left the scene at normal speed with no blue lights flashing.

Trizy

Anything verified? Can never trust the internet with these things.

Hope no one was injured but doesn't look great.

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
Terrible.

Hopefully no one on the ground hurt. Hopefully the helicopter mostly empty.

Terrible for all involved

HalfBaked22

A buddy of mine has a younger brother who flies planes and we had a discussion about a year ago regarding engine failure and chances of survival. The way he described it is, in a plane you would be able to glide for some time and likely land the plane safety (imagine throwing a paper airplane) but when it comes to a helicopter, he described it as holding a brick out in front of you and dropping it.

Paxi

Local ITV reporter just posted that ambulance has left the scene at normal speed with no blue lights flashing.
Which doesn't mean anything as far as normal folk are concerned? It could be that everyone is okay or it could be that there is nothing to be done. Leaves us be none the wiser.

Tommy

bigot with fetish for footballers getting fingered
Supports
Liverpool
Which doesn't mean anything as far as normal folk are concerned? It could be that everyone is okay or it could be that there is nothing to be done. Leaves us be none the wiser.
(Speculation) Likely means that it wasn't needed, which either means that everyone is fine (highly unlikely), or everyone is dead (highly likely).

Paxi

I know people try to be as edgy and dark as possible but a Manchester United fan Twitter account mocking this sort of thing will surely backfire.
Those cretins are in the minority. They are truly a twisted, morbid little bunch. It's a closed forum thankfully. There are few people that still assosiate with them though.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
I would take an educated guess that it's driving away the deceased.

Deleted member 101472

(Speculation) Likely means that it wasn't needed, which either means that everyone is fine (highly unlikely), or everyone is dead (highly likely).
It could mean a number of things. It might be that the on site commander was informed that some ambulance personnel were required elsewhere in leicester and they were asked to head to the other incident but not sirens blazing.