Leicester City owner’s helicopter crashes in car park | Five deaths including Chairman

Jimmy Skitz

Supports
Leicester City
A lot of marshy land in that area.

I can't really tell from the images but hopefully has gone down away from the car parks
its crashed in the car park behind the south stand, the stand I am in every game.

once people are in the concourses the area clears very quickly

izzydiggler

French news are saying Puel was on board my brother has said (he lives over there). Not sure how repliable it is but...

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Helicopter and plane crashes are very rare.
And yet Colin Mcrae only died a while ago it seems. :(

Always notice stuff like that more when you got fear of it.

I've been on Chinooks and Pumas and I fecking hate helicopters with a passion.

spwd

A lot of marshy land in that area.

I can't really tell from the images but hopefully has gone down away from the car parks
If it’s the car park then you can see where it went down, either behind the goal or down the right hand side which I believe is the staff car park.

Edit; see @Jimmy Skitz post.

Canagel

So what's the latest? Any news on the well-being of those on board??

starman

Hoping people got out in time before it went up in flames, but looks like it laying on it side, meaning they will need to climb up out of it, doesn't look a straight forward exit

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
If it's Puel or any players (again hope to god not) then all football will certainly be cancelled.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
This looks awful. Can't see a positive survivor story at all happening.

The poor people. God bless them all.

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
Believe its usually just the owners.

To be honest that car park isn’t very big but the stadium empties pretty quickly but I guess there would’ve been some people there even 30 minutes after the match.
To add to this. The part where people leave the King Power is close to a power pylon. I imagine the helicopter headed in the other direction which from my experience visiting is nowhere near as crowded.

Of course even one supporter caught up is one too many but hopefully this quells some fears.

montpelier

If it’s the car park then you can see where it went down, either behind the goal or down the right hand side which I believe is the staff car park.

I heard a mention of staff car park but wouldn't take it as confirmed to be so.

Paxi

Awful couple of tweets on Red Issue account concerning this tragedy.

Looks hopeless that anyone has survived, hope I'm wrong.
Beyond pathetic and embarrassing.
Christ, those tweets are unbelievable.

How damaged a person must you be to need to make fun in public of either of the unpleasant news items today?
Red issue are bunch of fecking scumbags. I spend 2 years in that place and it's literally a point scoring cesspit. Stanley Cupboard was big on there and I'm glad he's no longer on the caf. Horrible twat.

spwd

To add to this. The part where people leave the King Power is close to a power pylon. I imagine the helicopter headed in the other direction which from my experience visiting is nowhere near as crowded.

Of course even one supporter caught up is one too many but hopefully this quells some fears.
When Ive been Ive always walked through the car parks.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
I doubt they’d be in it to be honest, either way a terrible accident.
Who knows. Was browsing the Leicester forum and a couple said apparently Southgate was at a Leicester game recently and went down to London in one of the helicopters from the ground.

You'd think Puel would be doing interviews still half an hour after the game so think it's just wrong rumours from France.

James Peril

Who knows. Was browsing the Leicester forum and a couple said apparently Southgate was at a Leicester game recently and went down to London in one of the helicopters from the ground.

You'd think Puel would be doing interviews still half an hour after the game so think it's just wrong rumours from France.
Or complete fabrication from people who should stop speculating without knowing anything. Puel would be in the stadium doing interviews and talking to the players at this time, probably the last man to leave the changing room.

Jimmy Skitz

Supports
Leicester City
I've only ever been in the direction towards the pylon or to Morrisons (basically the same direction). I thought it was the only way out. Apologies if wrong.
there are 3 ways out, pedestrians couldn't leave behind the kop its closed off

Paxi

What the hell, any news about the people who were on board?
None so far. Need to wait for updates. The video footage looks grim but we don't know how long after the crash it was captured. We just wait now. Hopefully every one is safe. Helicopter crashes can be survivable. Let's hope.

spwd

Eyewitness on sky says it caught fire when it hit the ground unfortunately.

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks

Think it went down in the carpark, but witnesses have said that there was no one in the area

Think it went down at the back of this area which I'm hoping is past this fence here

As that isn't used as of May this year, and it looks like it actually belongs to the National Grid refurbishment center (they were using it a few years back and it extends from their building)...

So hopefully, hopefully, no other casualties.

Shit. feck. Poor blokes