Kick-off
Thu, 1 September 2022 @ 8:00pm BST
Status

Closed

Discussion Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.

SirScholes

He's had 3 yellow cards in the last 3 games. My point is he is only making clumsy ones and if he does that in the box we'll concede a penalty. He will probably get himself banned soon if he keeps making fouls instead of clean tackles.
    Nah not true one was when Southampton I think were breaking and he wrestled his man to the floor

BulgarianDevil91

Why are people so worried about ETH not starting a player, who he barely know, Casemiro barely knows anyone bar 3 people and he's also only had a handful of training sessions with the squad?

Also, McTominay has had a good run of a few games and has been very tidy in them. He's most definitely earned his spot as of now.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
    So I guess Casemiro is bought as backup to Mctominay then.

mu4c_20le

I understand the whole "if its working dont change it" approach, but Ten Hag is really fecking me over the Line Up predictions. How on earth is McTominay starting over Casemiro?
    Because la liga isn't the same tempo as the PL, makes sense to ease him in. Imagine the headlines if he started and played badly.

wangyu

stop whining guys we’re going to win and if we don’t then we’ll win next game!

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
    Not had time to acclimatise/keeping him super fresh for Arsenal
    start with strongest 11 though surely he’s been here long enough now and had enough training sessions.

it’s just frustration seeing McT lining up every fecking game

Stadjer

Why are people so worried about ETH not starting a player, who he barely know, Casemiro barely knows anyone bar 3 people and he's also only had a handful of training sessions with the squad?

Also, McTominay has had a good run of a few games and has been very tidy in them. He's most definitely earned his spot as of now.
    Tidy? Have you seen his passing statistics? Both on total passes made and on completed passes percentage? Nothing tidy about that.

justsomebloke

.......Really?

Red Rash

McTominay must be the most insanely good player in training to be able to bench Casemiro

Barthez

Did Ole put something into these clows contracts that they've to play such and such games? Mctomminay starting when we've finally signed a WC DM is fecking unbelievable.
    Have to agree

Forevergiggs1

Supports
    United
    No AWB and Shaw on the bench.

I assume AWB may be off and Shaw injured, or??
    Didn't ETH say in his presser that AWB is here until at least January as well as the rest of the squad?

ETH is creating a system based on Merit, Casemiro and any other player would need to earn his spot. I can respect that!
    If its based on Merit then why is Rashford starting as CF?

Buster15

Go on Didier
    Supports
    Bristol Rovers
    There’s zero reason Casemiro should be benched for this.

I feel ETH is underestimating Leicester here.
    Let's give our new manager a chance eh.
    He is the one who can see how the players are doing in training.
    If he is trying to transform the side into a so called high pressing team, that takes some time. And obviously he doesn't think Casemiro is ready quite yet.

Dominos

I think a lot of people are over dramatising the performance against Southampton. We looked as solid defensively (away) in nearly a year. Last year we drew 1-1 with them and they battered us for 90 minutes. First away league clean sheet since Norwich in December. I can think of a lot worse we’ve played in the last 12 months than Southampton away
    You're being results oriented and have low standards. Win doesn't equal good performance.

We're not trying to replicate last seasons midtable form so I don't see why we'd take pride in it being better than our worst performances in an awful season.

If we put in the same performance level as that every game there's no way we're putting a decent winning run together, it was a 50/50 game where we were hanging on nearly the entire 2nd half. Sometimes you'll get away with it but too often you'll be punished.

the_cliff

Not that bothered about Mctominay not starting, would rather he has his first start against arsenal at home.

We can win this without him, Leicester have been terrible.

Alemar

For how much longer will we have to watch McTominay starting matches? We signed a world class CDM not for him to be backup to McTominay

Pronewbie

Peep
    Despite Leicester’s mediocre start we are only slight favourites to win the game. Says a lot, really. I’ve stuck a cheeky $20 bet on us after our odds shot up when our line-up was revealed.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
    I thought we'd be seeing Camemiro and Fred as your starting 2 mids.
    Nah, you don't change a winning team until you get Ferguson's grandson embarrassing himself against the club equivalent of a vuvuzela.

Walters_19_MuFc

I thought we'd be seeing Camemiro and Fred as your starting 2 mids.
    Casemiro will certainly be our first choice soon but other than Fred playing with Casemiro for Brazil, I'm really not sure why they felt this way.

Fred was awful in our first two games and rightfully got hooked at half time on both occasions.

As it stands, Fred is probably 4th choice.

IhabX7

Not that bothered about Mctominay not starting, would rather he has his first start against arsenal at home.

We can win this without him, Leicester have been terrible.
    We weren’t good in three of our four. Besides, you know how it is when these teams play United.

SAFMUTD

Because la liga isn't the same tempo as the PL, makes sense to ease him in. Imagine the headlines if he started and played badly.
    Easi Casemiro in? you're talking about a worldclass player. I don't think a player with his quality and experience needs to be eased in.

I think its Ten Hag wanting to create the "fight over your place" mentality in the squad by not giving Casemiro the instant starter badge. But its weird to keep seeing McTominay starting when the quality between the two of them is abysmal.

Chairman Steve

Casemiros being saved for the big one on the weekend, so fine. I’ll be confused if he isn’t.

pauldyson1uk

I had Casemiro starting, but not shocked he is on the bench, Leicester are a physical team and McT is just the player to start.
    Casemiro also need time to settle into the team , get to know who other play and they how he plays.
    He will come on in the second half, some of you really need to calm down, its not that big a deal.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
    For how much longer will we have to watch McTominay starting matches? We signed a world class CDM not for him to be backup to McTominay
    Yup - he will back him up all season. You’ve got it champ.

Bobski

Utd were extremely good defensively against Soton and McScapegoat was a huge part of that. But relax comrades, Ten Hag knows he is really a championship level reserve and not a decent PL player. He is just picking him because he knows he is every bit as bad as everyone claims.

wangyu

@Dominos

Largely agreed but we did pull off a win out of a bad performance. Maybe it’s a sign of strengthening mentality
    I remain optmistic :angel:

Shark

@NotShark
    Despite Leicester’s mediocre start we are only slight favourites to win the game. Says a lot, really. I’ve stuck a cheeky $20 bet on us after our odds shot up when our line-up was revealed.
    Our lineup is so underwhelming. Elanga, Mctomminay and Rashford up top again. We'd better play well.

Scorpy

Absolutely crapping it and loving it!
    Ten Hag already said he wants to slowly integrate Casemiro into the starting eleven, which makes sense. Don't understand the excessive moaning.

Swiss_Red89

Anyone with a hint for a good stream for this match?

I'm on the maledives and no sky available in here :wenger:

James35

McTominay and his puffed out chest is absolutely bulletproof. Even when Casemiro starts it will probably be at the expense of Eriksen or Bruno and he’ll play alongside him.

Telsim

Is there any United player you do like?
    Plenty. Eriksen, Sancho, Malacia, Varane, Martinez, Dalot, Fred, Garnacho, more. I also don't dislike Elanga or McTominay. It's just that unfortunately they are not fit to play at this level.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Player Ratings

6.6 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 378 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Leicester win
  • Draw