g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Leon Goretzka | Bayern player in the summer

Status
Not open for further replies.

deafepl

True, Bayern is like City in the PL.

We need someone like Goretzka and Dybala to close the gap.
Bayern is like City in the PL? Does Bayern Munich have a lot of strong rivals like Spurs, Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool and United? Does Bayern Munich have rivals who can compete with them financially? Can rival stop Bayern from dominating the league for many years?. City is just simply better than Bayern Munich. The way City has been playing this season never happened in the league before.

Seij

True, Bayern is like City in the PL.
Bayern is really nothing like City. That would be like City snatching up Pogba, Hazard, and Kane while those players throw a huge fit to their clubs to allow the move.

black_crow

Bayern is like City in the PL? Does Bayern Munich have a lot of strong rivals like Spurs, Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool and United?
Bayern destroyed Arsenal 10:2. Bayern does win the CL once in a while and City doesn't, but that wasn't my point.

My point was obviously that City and Bayern are too good for the rest.
They will need to face each other to see how good they really are.

We, on the other hand, need to improve a big time. Chelsea, Liverpool, and Arsenal too.

PS:

We will see if Arsenal can win the EL against teams like Dortmund and RB Leipzig.

Cristiano Lell

BANNED LOLZ
Supports
Bayern München
Bayern is really nothing like City. That would be like City snatching up Pogba, Hazard, and Kane while those players throw a huge fit to their clubs to allow the move.
Which rival Bundesliga player has thrown "a huge fit" to be allowed a move to Bayern? Please provide examples or stfu and apologize.

Seij

Which rival Bundesliga player has thrown "a huge fit" to be allowed a move to Bayern? Please provide examples or stfu and apologize.
Whoa, relax there. I haven't exactly insulted your team. I meant your team has so much pull and power in your league that you can pretty much take anyone you want within your league.

Hummels, Götze, Lewandowski all forced the move to Dortmund for Bayern all against Dortmund's will. Hummels even spoke against Götze for leaving then when Bayern came calling for him, dropped his pants the moment Bayern came along and Dortmund couldn't stop him from leaving. This is from a single rival team. There is nothing akin to this in the PL.

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
Great that Liverpool didn't get him, him and Keita together would have been really good.

engulfing

I think we will regret it if we don't do everything we can to sign him. Offer him a 30 million signing on bonus or double what bayern are offering him. This guy is the next Thomas muller which at one point we were prepared to pay 80 million to sign. To get him on a free means even with the most generous signing bonus we are still saving money. Pity he isn't an Adidas client.

black_crow

I think we will regret it if we don't do everything we can to sign him. Offer him a 30 million signing on bonus or double what bayern are offering him. This guy is the next Thomas muller which at one point we were prepared to pay 80 million to sign. To get him on a free means even with the most generous signing bonus we are still saving money. Pity he isn't an Adidas client.
Bayern will pay him a huge signing bonus too and I doubt that we are able to pay twice as much salary.
That would destroy our whole hierarchy. Pogba and Co. would ask for a huge raise too.

We should have tried it earlier. It is too late now.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
Hummels, Götze, Lewandowski all forced the move to Dortmund for Bayern all against Dortmund's will.
Hummels never threatened to no longer play for Dortmund, Götze activated his release clause which is not against Dortmund's will since they agreed to implement one, and Lewandowski fulfilled his contract with Dortmund without acting up.
Hardly „forcing it“ like, for example, Dembele did after Barca approached him and he went AWOL.

Cristiano Lell

BANNED LOLZ
Supports
Bayern München
Hummels never threatened to no longer play for Dortmund, Götze activated his release clause which is not against Dortmund's will since they agreed to implement one, and Lewandowski fulfilled his contract with Dortmund without acting up.
Hardly „forcing it“ like, for example, Dembele did after Barca approached him and he went AWOL.
Or like Mkhitaryan to force a move to Utd for that matter

engulfing

Bayern will pay him a huge signing bonus too and I doubt that we are able to pay twice as much salary.
That would destroy our whole hierarchy. Pogba and Co. would ask for a huge raise too.

We should have tried it earlier. It is too late now.
Bayerns wage ceiling will restrict them. We can pay him 300k per week GBP with half of that as signing on bonus. Over a 5 year contract thats nearly 40 million for signing bonus. I doubt bayern can pay half that much.

Cristiano Lell

BANNED LOLZ
Supports
Bayern München
Bayerns wage ceiling will restrict them. We can pay him 300k per week GBP with half of that as signing on bonus. Over a 5 year contract thats nearly 40 million for signing bonus. I doubt bayern can pay half that much.
Why would you want to pay him that much though? He would flop a little, be subbed off after 45 minutes by Mourinho a couple of times, threads would spawn how he has weak mentality and isn't up to it, and then in the end you'd try to sell him back to Schalke and noone would be happy.

black_crow

We can pay him 300k per week GBP with half of that as signing on bonus. Over a 5 year contract thats nearly 40 million for signing bonus. I doubt bayern can pay half that much.
Bayern can pay twice as much.

They are the healthiest club on earth.
.. and let us face it, German players prefer Munich over Manchester.

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
Bayern can pay twice as much.

They are the healthiest club on earth.
.. and let us face it, German players prefer Munich over Manchester.
What’d you mean by healthiest? Because Bayern certainly aren’t the richest.

black_crow

What’d you mean by healthiest? Because Bayern certainly aren’t the richest.
Are you sure? Because they get all those players like Goretzka for free.
Business Insider sees them before Man. United.

New TV contract, no debt, stadion paid off, highest club membership in the world. To think we can just pay twice as much is hilarious. They could easily pay a signing bonus of 80 millions, but they don’t need to.

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
Are you sure? Because they get all those players like Goretzka for free.
Business Insider sees them before Man. United.

New TV contract, no debt, stadion paid off, highest club membership in the world. To think we can just pay twice as much is hilarious. They could easily pay a signing bonus of 80 millions, but they don’t need to.
Huh? They’re not even top 3! Business Insider (weird that you wrongly cited this) has them 4th behind United, Barcelona and R. Madrid.

black_crow

Their record transfer fee is 41.5m euros, and you’re talking about a signing bonus of almost twice that?
Yes, because they have that much money.

Hoeneß said they will spend 70 million and more if necessary, but like I said, they don’t need to. Guys like Goretzka had the choice between Bayern, Barca and any PL team... Bayern won, same with Thiago or Sanches.

Clubs like Bayern, Barca and Real have it a bit easier, that’s all I am saying.

engulfing

Why would you want to pay him that much though? He would flop a little, be subbed off after 45 minutes by Mourinho a couple of times, threads would spawn how he has weak mentality and isn't up to it, and then in the end you'd try to sell him back to Schalke and noone would be happy.
I see him as an upgrade on Fellaini. He has Fellaini's goal scoring and aerial ability in the box with better mobility, and superior passing technique. Yes there is adaptation risk and he will probably need a season to adjust but a good fit for us.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
He hasn't actually made a decision yet.

extincti fugax hominum

I would love it if we hijack this but seems very unlikely. We should be much more active and clever in the market nonetheless. Signing players like Goretkza, Ozil, Sanchez etc. on a free (or a small fee) is a no brainer imo. I know it's not easy as it sounds but try at least ffs. We can learn a lesson or two from the likes of Juve, Bayern etc. when it comes to smart transfers.

T A

The problem is that German players always seem like they would rather go to Bayern than move abroad. We used to miss Neuer, Hummels for the same reason. There is only a chance if Bayern wont bat an eye on them

JustFootballFan

Thinks Balotelli & Pogba look the same
Supports
Liverpool
Nothing's certain until he has signed and there's an announcement.
It is a bit strange. He could sign a pre-contract already, so there has to be some sort of hold-up from Goretzka´s side. I don´t see a reason why Bayern would want to delay his signature given the hot demand.

B20

Supports
Liverpool
It is a bit strange. He could sign a pre-contract already, so there has to be some sort of hold-up from Goretzka´s side. I don´t see a reason why Bayern would want to delay his signature given the hot demand.
Presumably Goretzka has given indications to bayern that he'd like to join without having actually decided yet. Bayern then overplayed their hand and told the world he's signing.

JustFootballFan

Supports
Liverpool
Presumably Goretzka has given indications to bayern that he'd like to join without having actually decided yet. Bayern then overplayed their hand and told the world he's signing.
Though I´d love for him to join Liverpool, I think Real Madrid might be the hold-up.

Modric will be 33 next summer. Real Madrid is playing like crap and needs to freshen up their team. Sami Khedira is getting toward the end of his international career. The 2018 World Cup will certainly be his last tournament as a starter. So basically Kroos needs a new partner at Madrid and in the German national team next year. And Madrid would probably offer even more money than Bayern, if they are interested.

B20

Supports
Liverpool
Though I´d love for him to join Liverpool, I think Real Madrid might be the hold-up.

Modric will be 33 next summer. Real Madrid is playing like crap and needs to freshen up their team. Sami Khedira is getting toward the end of his international career. The 2018 World Cup will certainly be his last tournament as a starter. So basically Kroos needs a new partner at Madrid and in the German national team next year. And Madrid would probably offer even more money than Bayern, if they are interested.

I don't get it.

JustFootballFan

Supports
Liverpool
I don't get it.
Him and Kroos are the projected starters for Germany in midfield, but Khedira will be 31 after the World Cup, and German coaches tend to like building blocks, so playing with Kroos would probably improve his chances to start for Germany, too.

NYAS

Why is Modric 37 already?
Sorry, I deleted my post and misunderstood yours, I thought you meant Khedira was still part of Real Madrid’s midfield and didn’t notice you were also alluding to Germany!

Cristiano Lell

BANNED LOLZ
Supports
Bayern München
He's been at training camp in Spain since January 2nd. That's an obvious reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.