Leon Goretzka | Bayern player in the summer

Status
Not open for further replies.

rampo

Still, tell me, what would have changed for Dortmund?

People on this forum forget we had a shit league/shit Bayern combination already. That was from 2002 to 2010. A time when a Barca bench players was not only the star signing of the whole league, but Bayern as well. Don't tell me anyone had even remote interest into the BL or Bayern back then or that that interest is even remotely comparable to their interest in the league today. Yes, it's mediocre league/extremely strong Bayern now, but that is vastly preferable to being the laughing stock of Europe.

And I ignored the rest of your post because it's not worth replying. You have no idea what you are talking about and quite clearly only follow football for a few years.
Wow, ok. If you think you are some kind of authority over football, then all of us are glad to meet you

But you can keep your arrogance and high moral ground to yourself

DelPotro

No one is forcing the clubs to let the players go for free. They could have sold them earlier and used the money to replace them. Some of you are just salty that Bayern is always able to get bargains while EPL clubs always have to overpay. Do you guys honestly think Gotze, Lewandowski and Hummels would stay in Dortmund/Germany if Bayern didn't buy them?

It's the second season in a row for Schalke to let their players go for free (Kolasinac last summer and now Goretzka). Instead of blaming Bayern, people should be asking why these clubs are so poorly run.

Obviously Bayern is doing it mostly for themselves. I mean who wouldn't want worldclass players for peanuts? But without Bayern these players will 100% leave Germany, making the league even less watchable.

FYI I'm not a Bayern/Bundesliga fan.

fcbforever

Supports
FC Bayern München
No, no it doesn't
Your first mistake is to assume that broadcasting is what makes a league accessible. What about local media and forums? Try to inform yourself about European leagues in the 90‘s if you don’t understand the domestic language. For Internet forums, it’s still true today to a large extent.

Ganklabb

Supports
Bayern München
Talent leaving would still be worse.
If Bayern stopped existing, the league wouldnt improve at all regarding the niveau. Its mismanagemrnt and poor decisions of other clubs that hinder the league.

Edit: and 50+1/money
Well,well. We`ll see.

The massive influx of Arab/Russian/Oligarch-money into the PL may have serious long-term consequences. The oil-money will probably run dry one day, the shift towards alternative energy sources is going fast. The arab states are looking at huge budget deficits and spending billions on this real life Fantasy-game is probably not going to hold for very much longer.

This kind of external funding is not sustainable in the long term and the day these guys pulls out is likely to come as suddenly as they arrived.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Still, tell me, what would have changed for Dortmund?

People on this forum forget we had a shit league/shit Bayern combination already. That was from 2002 to 2010. A time when a Barca bench players was not only the star signing of the whole league, but Bayern as well. Don't tell me anyone had even remote interest into the BL or Bayern back then or that that interest is even remotely comparable to their interest in the league today. Yes, it's mediocre league/extremely strong Bayern now, but that is vastly preferable to being the laughing stock of Europe.

And I ignored the rest of your post because it's not worth replying. You have no idea what you are talking about and quite clearly only follow football for a few years.
You need to calm down.

None of this discussion would've happened if your moron of a CEO hadn't made the statement that Bayern did the transfer also for the league.

fcbforever

Supports
FC Bayern München
I think it's really great that the Bundesliga has such a selfless top club like Bayern. Which other club would commit such a sacrifice and sign Goretzka for free just to protect the league from losing players to foreign clubs? Awesome attitude.
This altruistic approach is the reason why I always fully supported Hoeneß evading taxes. I trust this great man way more with money than the state - for the better of society!
I think Bayerns Moral high ground also has a positive impact on football in the whole of Europe. Their fans and board repeatedly being the voice of reason in all this transfer madness and in regards to 'slave'/state owned clubs is really refreshing. I mean which club better to judge the backing of gulf states of European clubs than the holy FC Bayern Munich who now repeatedly had their training camps in Qatar. A flawless way of raising awareness to these problems, impressive. Just as impressive as signing Goretzka for free.
I absolutely hate we went to Qatar and I think we should stop that. Board seems to have gotten the message slowly though, which is good.

fcbforever

Supports
FC Bayern München
You need to calm down.

None of this discussion would've happened if your moron of a CEO hadn't made the statement that Bayern did the transfer also for the league.
It's just sickening for fans of a league with vastly superior funds arguing that somehow, the current situation is any worse than it was 10 years ago, which is quite clearly a time they do not remember because either A) they didn't follow football at all back then or B) they had absolutely zero idea about the Bundesliga back then, which just proves my point.

I vividly remember the time when Van Bommel gave an interview after he joined us and talked about how he was laughed at for going to Germany by his former teammates.

Charles Miller

German football and nt are lucky to have Bayern. If all their young talents go to other leagues while they are U-23 it would change completely the characteristics of their football.

Djemba-Djemba

You need to calm down.

That's the crux of it.

Go and cherry pick the league best players, fine do what you want if you can. But don't try and pretend you're actually doing something noble for the greater good of the league :lol:

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
It's just sickening for fans of a league with vastly superior funds arguing that somehow, the current situation is any worse than it was 10 years ago, which is quite clearly a time they do not remember because either A) they didn't follow football at all back then or B) they had absolutely zero idea about the Bundesliga back then, which just proves my point.

I vividly remember the time when Van Bommel gave an interview after he joined us and talked about how he was laughed at for going to Germany by his former teammates.
As I said, I've no problem with Bayern signing whatever players they want and it's also undoubtedly true that the German league is stronger right now than it was a decade back or so. But, there was no need for taking the high ground by the Bayern's CEO in making the statement, it's his job to sign the best players available to him within the club's budget.

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
Other than Bayern when was the last time a German side did anything of note in Europe?

Dortmund in 2013?

I can see Bayern fans are very defensive on the subject but I just think the Bundesliga has major problems. Bayern are so completely and utterly dominant, it's just boring.
No arguing against that point, but losing the best players to other leagues doesn't help the Bundesliga either. In the case of German players like Goretzka at least our NT profits from a core of players used to playing together at Bayern and playing football on an international level.

fcbforever

Supports
FC Bayern München
As I said, I've no problem with Bayern signing whatever players they want and it's also undoubtedly true that the German league is stronger right now than it was a decade back or so. But, there was no need for taking the high ground by the Bayern's CEO in making the statement, it's his job to sign the best players available to him within the club's budget.
I don’t and haven’t argued with that though. I‘m arguing with people who say this is weakening the league, which it isn’t. Of course Bayern is doing this for their own good first and foremost.

Djemba-Djemba

No arguing against that point, but losing the best players to other leagues doesn't help the Bundesliga either. In the case of German players like Goretzka at least our NT profits from a core of players used to playing together at Bayern and playing football on an international level.
Now that is a good point. I hadn't thought of that.

Ganklabb

Supports
Bayern München
People suggesting that german fotball would be better off if Bayern intentionally lowered their ambitions to get a "fairer" Bundesliga, theres a bunch.

red4ever 79

Have to admire Bayern. They are a well run club that doesnt need to spend a $$$ to be successful. They always manager to keep a good core of home grown players as well. Good player

cyberman

Its no fault of Bayerns but why so many free / cheap players?
If Utd were in their position and already had a stacked squad and the title wrapped up, I would hope we would be telling the likes of Hazard to hold on for a season and we'll come in for you. Its because we can afford to wait.
Clubs getting in proper money would soften these sorts of blows imo.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
I would wait a bit before singing so many praises for Bayern to pull this transfer off, he is a talented player but no where near certain to be a top player as compared to previous German youth talents like Kroos, Ozil etc. This is a risk free transfer financially though for Bayern, if he does fail and they have to ship him it won't cost them too much, but with Vidal likely to leave there is still a footballing risk that Goretzka won't be able to fully fill his shoes.

Interesting season ahead for Goretzka.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
That's the crux of it.

Go and cherry pick the league best players, fine do what you want if you can. But don't try and pretend you're actually doing something noble for the greater good of the league :lol:
Yeah, that statement from Rummenigge is just stupid. What an absurd thing to say.
Whithout it there would probably much less noise, since for every Goretzka and Lewandowski (who, btw fulfilled their contracts) there is a Sané or Gündogan.
And there are of course the Boatengs, Alabas, Müllers, Riberys, Robbens, Thiagos, Vidals, James, Martinez, et al who all came from outside Buli.

HTG

Supports
Bayern
Other than Bayern when was the last time a German side did anything of note in Europe?

Dortmund in 2013?

I can see Bayern fans are very defensive on the subject but I just think the Bundesliga has major problems. Bayern are so completely and utterly dominant, it's just boring.
Of course the league has issues. But our dominance is merely a symptome of those issues, not the cause.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Kicker are reporting that Schalke and Goretzka already had the contracts for an extension drawn up in the summer - the club wanted to announce it at their season opening. But then came the Confed Cup and Goretzka suddenly wanted to "wait and see how things develop at Schalke". Something which apparently gave Schalke hope until the very end. Cruel world.

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
Bundesliga is a joke and has been for a while, it's even more predictable than Ligue 1 and that's saying something. Even though Bayern picking up all top talent from rest of the league is a problem, bigger problem is these players are joining on a free transfer hence, completely fecking over the club they are moving from.

Juventus signed Higuain and Pjanic from their rivals but they paid €90m for Higuain, €40m for Pjanic which helped Napoli and Roma to rebuild. On the other hand Bayern... well less said the better.

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
I don't know but should we be bothered that he's going to Bayern? Is he too good a player for us to miss out?
Nothing we could have done about it, Bayern are to German talent what Barca and Real are to Spanish talent. Given the chance they'll always go there.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
I think that point's often forgotten. It will be interesting to see what language developments have on leagues' future popularity. (The spread of Spanish, or the rapid growth of French in sub-Saharan Africa, for example.)
Why does that point matter? We have Icelandic commentators no matter the league of football. We're not listening to the players or refs speaking and for every interview there's a translator that does the subtitles. Spoken language has very, very little to do with football.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
Bundesliga is a joke and has been for a while, it's even more predictable than Ligue 1 and that's saying something. Even though Bayern picking up all top talent from rest of the league is a problem, bigger problem is these players are joining on a free transfer hence, completely fecking over the club they are moving from.

Juventus signed Higuain and Pjanic from their rivals but they paid €90m for Higuain, €40m for Pjanic which helped Napoli and Roma to rebuild. On the other hand Bayern... well less said the better.
You mean like Sané, Gündogan and KdB?

Kush

You mean like Sané, Gündogan and KdB?
Congrats on completely missing my point. I'll try and break it down for you.

My problem isn't essentially Bayern buying all the top talent but it's at the expense of other clubs which they do. Kevin de Bruyne cost €75 million, Leroy Sane cost €55 million and Ilkay Gundogan cost €25 million. Wolfsburg, Schalke and Dortmund got market price for their players allowing them to re-invest the money back into the team. Bayern don't do that, they completely feck over the selling club by asking players to run down their contract and pay a small percentage of normal transfer fee to players as a signing bonus.

Schalke aren't going to trouble with or without Goretzka, we all know that but had they received the going market rate for him they could've utilized that money for betterment of the club. Not only clubs are losing their best players to Bayern year on year, they are also receiving feck all to refill the void left by the outgoing player. You have to be completely deluded to think otherwise.

HTG

Supports
Bayern

Yeah, but that’s just terrible mismanagement on the part of Schalkes former DoF Heldt. He’s the guy at fault for having Matip, Kolasinac, Goretzka and Meyer seeing the final year of their contracts. It’s just incompetence above anything else, really. If it would just be Goretzka it’d be a one off. But it’s not. The same thing happened to four guys. Kolasinac starts for Arsenal, Matip for Liverpool, Goretzka could be a starter for us and no one knows what’s happening with Meyer. Schalke could have made up to 200 million with those guys.
That‘s what’s holding the league back, simple mismanagement.

Kush

Yeah, but that’s just terrible mismanagement on the part of Schalkes former DoF Heldt. He’s the guy at fault for having Matip, Kolasinac, Goretzka and Meyer seeing the final year of their contracts. It’s just incompetence above anything else, really. If it would just be Goretzka it’d be a one off. But it’s not. The same thing happened to four guys. Kolasinac starts for Arsenal, Matip for Liverpool, Goretzka could be a starter for us and no one knows what’s happening with Meyer. Schalke could have made up to 200 million with those guys.
What about Lewandowski? Was it incompetence on Dortmund's part too? He wasn't some potential star plying his trade in a mid-table side, he was playing for your direct rival and was an established top level goalscorer. You don't believe Bayern told him not to renew with Dortmund? Just imagine his potential cost if he had 3-4 years left on his contract, he'd been your record signing and Dortmund would've got a hefty chunk to rebuild. But as it turned out, not only you got a world class striker for a free, Dortmund received zilch to replace him.

As I said it is not so much with stockpiling all the top talent as much as it with them moving on a free.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
Congrats on completely missing my point. I'll try and break it down for you.

My problem isn't essentially Bayern buying all the top talent but it's at the expense of other clubs which they do. Kevin de Bruyne cost €75 million, Leroy Sane cost €55 million and Ilkay Gundogan cost €25 million. Wolfsburg, Schalke and Dortmund got market price for their players allowing them to re-invest the money back into the team. Bayern don't do that, they completely feck over the selling club by asking players to run down their contract and pay a small percentage of normal transfer fee to players as a signing bonus.

Schalke aren't going to trouble with or without Goretzka, we all know that but had they received the going market rate for him they could've utilized that money for betterment of the club. Not only clubs are losing their best players to Bayern year on year, they are also receiving feck all to refill the void left by the outgoing player. You have to be completely deluded to think otherwise.
I took offense to the part where you said, that Bayern is hovering up ALL the talented players in Buli and gave you some examples of that being wrong. You went on and called me deluded, so I‘m out of here.

Piratesoup

Supports
Bayern München
Great piece of Business sweetened by reading the last pages of this thread

beingshe7don

I think more than mis-management, Bayern Munich has a long history of winning titles and being successful throughout Bundesliga history. Yes, you may get the one of when Dortmund or Bayer Leverkussen wins the league and so on but in the grand scheme of things Bayern will always rule the Bundesliga unless a rich Russian or Arab billionaire decides to buy Dortmund or Hoffenheim or any other club and invest millions of dollars to make it the best club in Germany which happened in the PL. Man Utd were dominating the league like none other. Arsenal and Liverpool would pose challenges but it had become rather easy to win titles with United and therefore, players were attracted to join United and not mainly because of the money and wages involved. Then came along Abramovic with Chelsea and Arab billionaires who bought City and basically bankrolled to buy the best players. United were bought by a billionaire as well but they came along with a lot of debt which has not really helped our cause. So now the best players in the world weren't restricted to join United since they could get better salaries at Chelsea or City and also compete to win the title. The best players in the Bundesliga are bound to go to Bayern since it guarantees silverware and it also helps your raise your game playing with better players. If Dortmund was bought by a billionaire, I'm pretty sure, they would give Bayern a run for their money every season. The other thing is if you play for Bayern and you're German, you've got a really good chance of representing Germany which is every footballer's dream.

Piratesoup

Supports
Bayern München
If Dortmund was bought by a billionaire, I'm pretty sure, they would give Bayern a run for their money every season.
If billionaires could just buy Dortmund they would have done it years ago. Look up the so called 50+1 rule

beingshe7don

If billionaires could just buy Dortmund they would have done it years ago. Look up the so called 50+1 rule
Well thanks for letting me know about that rule. I think we should have a similar rule in all of the leagues. Crazy money being thrown around has resulted in inflation which has undermined the sport in a way.

Cristiano Lell

BANNED LOLZ
Supports
Bayern München
cnutish move from Goretzka tbh
Just like it was a cnutish move by Heidel to announce Goretzka's decision during a press conference without telling him, or the team, beforehand. "I tried to call him but didn't reach him.." :houllier:

As for the transfer, this kind of thing is the most normal of events. A player outgrows a club, thinks he has better options in terms of career level, sporting success and/or money, refuses to renew and leaves.
It's happening, with Sanchez, with Özil perhaps, with Can right now too. All of these are just as normal as Goretzka's move.
But only Goretzka's triggers the same never ending repetitive comments about the league as a whole, as if the fact that Bayern is a level above the rest financially and in terms of attractivity for players was some interesting new realization, made every time Bayern signs a player from a smaller BuLi club.

black_crow

We would do the same in England, but there aren't enough young/strong English players and we don't have the same "charisma" (because there are so many other choices). I wouldn't be surprised if Werner joins them for free in 2020 (Leipzig doesn't need the money).

Why would Bayern change? Would you buy a Porsche if you can get it for free?
Rummenigge said they are ready to spend 100 million.. they just don't need to.

It's not only Germany. They got guys like Rodriguez, Thiago, and Martinez from Spain. We would have paid twice as much for Rodriguez.

Is Goretzka afraid of a challenge? Well, he has to fight against Vidal, Rodriguez, Thiago, Martinez, Tolisso and the German national player "Rudy".
It's a way easier to get into Liverpool's first eleven. They thought Götze would survive in Munich but he failed badly. Bayern wants to win everything, every year and I hope he is prepared for that.

Icemav

Well thanks for letting me know about that rule. I think we should have a similar rule in all of the leagues. Crazy money being thrown around has resulted in inflation which has undermined the sport in a way.
It has messed things up big time. Especially player development and rivalries.

Status
Not open for further replies.