Leonardo Bonucci | All discussion here please

Status
Not open for further replies.

VanGaalEra

Have faith guys, Mou wants another CB and he'll only go for the best! Time for Juve to brace themselves, a bid is coming.

Juve have a price for every player, it might be steep, but they have a price. With Woody willing to splash the cash, we will test Juve's resolve!

$inner_88

I'd love this to happen but I can't see them selling him and Pogba in the same window.

The Juve fans would burn the stadium down.

MartialsBeard

Pretty confident (blind confident) well get him. I think the fact we have negotiated with Juve over Pogba and he is 29 stands us in good measure. We have been extremely respectful and smooth with negotiations and havent kicked up a fuss on anything and have given them space and time to get their house in order which will go a long way in terms of discussions for Benucci.

If we offer them 50m euro he is ours.

VanGaalEra

Pretty confident (blind confident) well get him. I think the fact we have negotiated with Juve over Pogba and he is 29 stands us in good measure. We have been extremely respectful and smooth with negotiations and havent kicked up a fuss on anything and have given them space and time to get their house in order which will go a long way in terms of discussions for Benucci.

We'll need to bid 60/65 IMO.

3KDré

Realistically I highly doubt this would happen. Put yourself in his boots. You're a starter in your home country playing for the best team in the nation that consistently fights for the top spots in Europe and consistently wins the league. I certainly wouldn't move. Pogba is a different case.

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"

No chance that Juve would sell for 50m Euro if they sell Pog.

Red Bug

Why has this been bumped? Just chit chat or has there been a reputable source saying we have offered cash?

Hammerfell

Realistically I highly doubt this would happen. Put yourself in his boots. You're a starter in your home country playing for the best team in the nation that consistently fights for the top spots in Europe and consistently wins the league. I certainly wouldn't move. Pogba is a different case.
I'd fancy plying my trade in a more competitive league than Serie A to be honest.

MartialsBeard

We'll need to bid 60/65 IMO.
I think it will be 50m euro as we have already got Pogba. Basically weve been in constant communication with Juve and I believe we actually probably have a very good relationship with them. Im not saying we will get a discount but economically it would be hard for Juve to justify asking that much for a 29 year old and breaking the world record for a defender simply isnt going to happen. He will have maybe 3/4 years left at the top.

sincher

I think it will be 50m euro as we have already got Pogba. Basically weve been in constant communication with Juve and I believe we actually probably have a very good relationship with them. Im not saying we will get a discount but economically it would be hard for Juve to justify asking that much for a 29 year old and breaking the world record for a defender simply isnt going to happen. He will have maybe 3/4 years left at the top.
Wow. You actually think us buying Pogba would mean we have more chance of buying Bonucci as well :houllier:

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Getting pogba completely rules out any bonucci chance. Theyre getting 100m for a player that will want to leave, bonucci wont so they have no reason to accept.

sincher

65m for a 29 year old?
Yeah can't see it. Better options available and more likely we are looking at the £10-20m bracket anyway. Miranda/Fonte/Garay. Our funds are not limitless.

VanGaalEra

And us, unless we start selling. And I wonder if that plus a bit could get Gimenez or Varane who could be top class for years.
I think Jose probably has a list of 3/4 players he's looking to move on.

Varane (according to reports) we've had contact with and he's not leaving Real. Gimenez I'm not sure about his situation. Bonucci could easily give us 4/5 top class years.

Red Bug

Yeah can't see it. Better options available and more likely we are looking at the £10-20m bracket anyway. Miranda/Fonte/Garay. Our funds are not limitless.
I like Fonte hope we go in for him.

MartialsBeard

Really dont think there are any better options out there. There are other options but not better ones.

I think this line that us getting Pogba means he wont be sold is wide of the mark and has no relevance to any deal for Benucci in a ngative light. This is probably the last window they could demand a truly high fee as once he hits 30 his value will drop significantly. As for the player himself he will have to make a professional decision on weather he wants to maximize his earnings heading into his last years at the top and then if he wants a real challenege in the prem.

sincher

I like Fonte hope we go in for him.
Meh.

Maybe it is me but unless we are buying Varane or Gimenez or someone I would rather stick and maybe give TFM or Axel given a run.

sincher

Really dont think there are any better options out there. There are other options but not better ones.

I think this line that us getting Pogba means he wont be sold is wide of the mark and has no relevance to any deal for Benucci in a ngative light. This is probably the last window they could demand a truly high fee as once he hits 30 his value will drop significantly. As for the player himself he will have to make a professional decision on weather he wants to maximize his earnings heading into his last years at the top and then if he wants a real challenege in the prem.
Maybe. Doubt it.

United Pro

Similar was quoted for Ramos last year, right? I think it was around that figure.

That's Euros, by the way.
Castles I believe said Juve want £60m. It's just frankly not worth it imo. Would much rather spend close to half that for someone like Manolas or pay out Gimenez's release clause.

MartialsBeard

Castles I believe said Juve want £60m. It's just frankly not worth it imo. Would much rather spend close to half that for someone like Manolas or pay out Gimenez's release clause.
Niether of those players are natural leaders from the back nor are they multiple title winners. If you want to be the best you need to hire the best. Manolas ia a fantastic player but hes no Benucci and Giminez is too young to do the role we need him to. We need someone who will be an organizer rallier and leader who will be able to place our xurrent crop at set pieces, guide them into position and keep things composed at the back.

Benucci also has incredible twchnical ability and passing range something Giminez and Manolas do not particularly posess.

United Pro

Niether of those players are natural leaders from the back nor are they multiple title winners. If you want to be the best you need to hire the best. Manolas ia a fantastic player but hes no Benucci and Giminez is too young to do the role we need him to. We need someone who will be an organizer rallier and leader who will be able to place our xurrent crop at set pieces, guide them into position and keep things composed at the back.

Benucci also has incredible twchnical ability and passing range something Giminez and Manolas do not particularly posess.
You're right that Bonucci is better atm, but Gimenez is a top 3 young CB in the world, if not the best, so in even 2/3 years imo he'd overtake Bonucci. Your right that if we want the best, we have to hire the best. But I think, from what Castles reported, we want an experienced CB to lead the backline. Juve brought in an ageing Evra 2 years back for around £1m, to bring a bit more experience from LB. So, we don't have to spend £60m to achieve that, especially considering that transfer would be around the 7th most expensive transfer of all time and that to for a 29 year old and a centre back :lol:.

shaggy

Prefers blue over red, loathed by Spurs fans
City will get their man.

I don't think this will stop the Pogba deal going through either.

Juve are going to collec some serious cash from the Manchester clubs this season.
Yeah I really cannot see him moving from Juventus to City unless the lotto winners are offering him an obscene wage (ie. 350k+ a week).

Him and Chiellini are beasts though, so he's probably worth it.
Yeah, why would someone who has won the lame duck competition they are stuck in four times in a row want a new challenge?

Baffling logic. Of course, he will be attratced to a PL title push offer.
How's this working out for you King Minger?

Perhaps you are overestimating the lure of the PL and in particular Man City?

Someone

Something
That's not happening, their ego won't allow them to sell two of their best players to one club in one summer.

stevoc

The first part i agree with unlikely as Juve won't want to lose him.

As for the second part why would Bonucci leave? Possibly for a lot more £ € £ €

RC89

I hope it's a non starter. I'd hate for City to get him as he'd no doubt improve them foe the short term. But I wouldn't want us spending so much on a short term fix. Surely there are other options out there that have been overlooked. Another Vidic must be lurking somewhere.

Mark McMaw

What's changed to suggest he'll actually leave juve at all?? Never mind us?? Was this thread not locked?

Mark McMaw

Why would a thread about a player be locked just because its unlikely hell sign?
Because I thought if the possibility of him even leaving the club was impossible meant the thread was a non goer and I'm sure I seen this thread locked at one point I might be wrong though. So there for I thought something had happend for example the player has came out and said something for this transfer to actually be possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.