Let’s all laugh at Luis Suarez

Ish

Lights on for Luke
He’s more of a “moments” player these days. Still capable of the bits of quality but overall, his game has declined massively.

Had a fairly great first half vs Lyon, mind.

Strachans Cigar

I dislike him too. But if Barca draw the Scousers next & he does that for a pen that knocks them out, I’ll like him. A lot.

Tommy

bigot with fetish for footballers getting fingered
Supports
Liverpool
I dislike him too. But if Barca draw the Scousers next & he does that for a pen that knocks them out, I’ll like him. A lot.
& then does a 2010 Ghana, followed by Salah missing a penalty?

(For all the hate he gets for that, it was still genius).

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
He was unbelievable tonight once again.

Has to be the biggest cheat in the history of the game though, I have no clue how refs keep calling penalties on him. The amount of decisive penalties they have given Barcelona after a Suarez dive is unbelievable.

Seems like something always happens at the Camp Nou in the knockouts. Last year Roma were denied a clear penalty too.

Cait Sith

That's a clear penalty, defender gets 0 of the ball and only Suarez. Just because Suarez' leg landed on the defender's leg doesn't make it otherwise. Of course he exaggerated as usual.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Great goal tonight to be fair
Wasn’t even that good the defenders just backed off and fell over themselves. Absolute joke of defending :lol: no wonder messi scores hat tricks every other game

Cait Sith

I have a feeling we will make it a little tougher Than those clowns
With 2,000 times the budget of Betis, that shouldn't be an achievement. However, I'm actually certain the United game will be easier for Barca. I doubt United will manage to force Barca to defend deep with 2 banks of 4 as Betis managed with a bunch of Barca and Madrid reject youths. :confused:

Devil may care

He had a game of extermes tonight, a number of terrible touches and missed chances, a class assist and goal, a spot of play acting and then what looks like it could be an ankle ligament injury.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
Barcelona's lack of rotation for him is appalling, plays pretty much every match no matter what. It was a matter of time until he got injured, probably for the best it happened right before the internatinal break.

Cait Sith

He is not injured, he intentionally did that to avoid the internationals. Not the first time either.

Cait Sith

Also he is the most entertaining footballer in the world. He is like the guy from the movie "Split", only with his personalities ranging from Heskey to Romario. No idea how you could possibly watch him miss an easy tap in and 5 yard sideway pass assist to Messi then do that backheel flick assist and go on a solo run like Messi to score that goal, without laughing your ass off.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
I have a feeling we will make it a little tougher Than those clowns
Betis played Barcelona off the park at Camp Nou. The scoreline says 4-3 for Betis but they could easily have won it 5-1 had they converted slightly more chances and not given away 2 goals. We play defensively better than Betis but they have unlocked that Barca team and know how to beat them. Been very impressed with them that season and 1-4 loss against Barca where they convert all their chances and includes a world class goal from Messi doesn't change that view. They are comparable to Wolves in many ways.

mdvmia

Supports
Barcelona
appealed for a handball against the goalkeeper in the penalty box against Chile today

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
appealed for a handball against the goalkeeper in the penalty box against Chile today
No he didn't. Slapping your arm like that is a "damn, what a pity" gesture. Rarely done over the head, but he is on his way to holding his head.

Check the next take as he walks back, he does it again slapping his left forearm. (can't believe I'm explaining that gesture, surely it's a pretty common one?).

Every clickbait site obviously milking it, but anyone who has seen a Suarez appeal knows that is definitely not Suarez appealing for anything.

GJNJ

I don't know it looked like it to me. He looked like he tapped his hand and turned to the ref, then realised it was the keeper and then tried to style it out. Much like when someone waves at you, then by the time you realised they are waving at someone behind you, you scratch your head.

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
No he didn't. Slapping your arm like that is a "damn, what a pity" gesture. Rarely done over the head, but he is on his way to holding his head.

Check the next take as he walks back, he does it again slapping his left forearm. (can't believe I'm explaining that gesture, surely it's a pretty common one?).

Every clickbait site obviously milking it, but anyone who has seen a Suarez appeal knows that is definitely not Suarez appealing for anything.
Clearly not a common one if clickbait sites are milking it and we didn't know of it.

Common in Uruguay perhaps.

antohan

Clearly not a common one if clickbait sites are milking it and we didn't know of it.

Common in Uruguay perhaps.
Very funny (not). The more common one, as said, is not over your head. Watch halfway through this clip when he slaps his left arm after missing the hand. At least in Latin countries it's a regular gesture, noisy arm-waving gesticulators that we are.

Another more obvious explanation is maybe he was indicating it went off the keeper's hand and a corner should therefore be awarded.

But no, the guy is a lunatic and wants a penalty for a keeper handball. Right. Clickbait sites must love you.

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
Very funny (not). The more common one, as said, is not over your head. Watch halfway through this clip when he slaps his left arm after missing the hand. At least in Latin countries it's a regular gesture, noisy arm-waving gesticulators that we are.

Another more obvious explanation is maybe he was indicating it went off the keeper's hand and a corner should therefore be awarded.

But no, the guy is a lunatic and wants a penalty for a keeper handball. Right. Clickbait sites must love you.
I wasn't trying to be funny.

I'm not from a Latin country and most western Europeans don't do that.

They gesticulate of course but I've never really seen that, it's just hands on head when they've fecked up.

It wouldn't be on sites claiming he's claiming for handball if it was common in western Europe so like I said, common in Uruguay perhaps or in Latin countries but obviously not here.

Calm the feck down.

antohan

It wouldn't be on sites claiming he's claiming for handball if it was common in western Europe so like I said
"Suarez asks for corner to be awarded" doesn't quite have the same effect I guess.

Fair enough if you weren't being sarcy.

Mrs Smoker

Supports
Panthère du Ndé
No doubt that in split second he did appeal. Figured it out very very quick though.

I do agree with him asking for Chile player to be booked or sent off for kicking a pitch invader though.

antohan

Kick feat. Luis

Maybe FutbolBible should read the rules laid out by CONMEBOL and FIFA, both are consistent with Suarez' take on it. Players should not engage with pitch invaders, it's common sense, there's no line to be drawn somewhere in terms of trip or full on battering, your fan, rival fan, neutral fan.... Black and white, step back and let security deal with it.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Maybe FutbolBible should read the rules laid out by CONMEBOL and FIFA, both are consistent with Suarez' take on it. Players should not engage with pitch invaders, it's common sense, there's no line to be drawn somewhere in terms of trip or full on battering, your fan, rival fan, neutral fan.... Black and white, step back and let security deal with it.
I think the point is more that he's being a nob by begging for someone to be carded, especially when it's not even to do with play.

HankHill

Supports
Ewe Night Tid.
Is Antohan actually Luis Suarez or merely a very close relative?

CallyRed

See what happened to Jack Grealish for Aston Villa against Birmingham last season. You think he wouldn't have appreciated a fellow player stopping the fan by any force before sparking him in the back of his head.