LGBT issues in Football

UDontMessWith24

I wouldn't say it damages children, but it might affect them. Sexual orientation is not a choice, but the exact cause of developing a sexual orientation is still unknown. So it is actually an interesting and relevant question. Environmental influences are most likely part of the cause as there are many known societies where homosexuality was part of the norm.

In the early childhood you learn how the society works and what's your role(s) in it through socialization. So you'll learn about the norms of the relationships, the role(s) of men and women etc. You can disagree with the norms of that society and you can try to change it. Due to the globalization, it is already happening in many ways.

So you have a society who prefers heterosexual relationships. It might be due to ideology, religion, politics etc. As a consequence they decide to ban the sharing of material promoting homosexuality which target preschoolers. After that they can still include all kind of relationships and sexual orientations as part of the sexual education in primary or secondary schools when the students already developed critical thinking. There could be also no discrimination against anyone who doesn't belong to the norm.

It would also be a worthy discussion to examine the role of the religions - for example, how Christianity created new socities across Europe and stabilized the continent, but then it also hindered scientific and social development (and disrupted philosophy too).
Christianity stabilized Europe did I read that correctly? Also why is it necessary to find the cause of homosexuality?

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
I remember the odd isolated incident, but it's rare enough to be used.

A lot of my in-laws have similar views on pride and light rights. I'm sure they think the March is a giant debauched orgy.
I think obscene chanting is the main one. Thankfully racist and discriminatory abuse has gone down a lot in the stands (at least from my own anecdotal experiences) I've seen nowhere near the amount I did growing up, though that might have something to do with it not being top flight, but at least focusing on stuff coming from the stands I think that has gone down. Obscene chants of course will vary from what people designate as being obscene, sheep shagger chants I find funny and there's never any malice in them, but there's been some particularly cruel chants/gestures focused on team-specific events (Hilsborough, Munich) or cultural events like Tottenham and the holocaust, individual chants like Adebayor and the shooting in Angola, Wenger and the Paedophile accusations

I do take my niece to home games so it's not to the point that I feel she needs to be shielded (I wouldn't have taken her to Vetch field though), and I agree with you that the more obscene stuff is a lot less common than it used to be.

UDontMessWith24

All this child exposure nonsense has so many holes in it. I’ve seen 5 year olds as ring bearers at heterosexual weddings.

rhajdu

Christianity stabilized Europe did I read that correctly? Also why is it necessary to find the cause of homosexuality?
You read it correctly. I would happily read why you think it otherwise. I also didn't say it is necessary to find the cause of homosexuality. I said that the exact cause of developing a sexual orientation is still unknown and as a researcher I find any unknown interesting. It is also a relevant question, because partly that's why the Government of Hungary introduced the discussed law.

Botim

Supports
Royal Antwerp FC
Even if you could turn someone gay somehow, why would that be a problem anyway?

All studies indicate that gay people in accepting societies are perfectly happy, successful, responsible people and make great parents.

Withnail

Even if you could turn someone gay somehow, why would that be a problem anyway?

All studies indicate that gay people in accepting societies are perfectly happy, successful, responsible people and make great parents.
Well exactly.

It all boils down to the fact that they think it's a choice and the fear that they or their children could be influenced in some way by these ideas. It's driven by ignorance and fear. Nobody can be turned gay or straight. Knowing that all kinds of sexual orientations exist won't make a blind bit of difference.

However, societies with widespread oppressive homophobic views and laws can cause people to feel they have to pretend to be straight in order to fit in, denying them the chance to find love and live a happy life.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
A bit disappointed actually. Miss those uni years where you'd have thorough conversation about really serious topics, there were always 2 sets of opinions and people discussed open-mindedly.

Caf is good for foobtall though so that will do. :) g'night here guys.
I respect that it's not easy when you're one poster having to have debates with multiple people, but when I made a point to you earlier, you replied insinuating I was speaking about Arabic countries, when I showed that was factually not the case, you ignored the argument all together.

I do understand it can be overwhelming and frustrating when multiple posters are quoting you and making arguments (which I'm as guilty of as anyone), but you haven't debated in particularly good faith.
Also, you (Tomuś) have a tendency to respond with sarcastic one-liners, misrepresent points, and jump on the posters that make comments that are easier to defeat or ridicule. In fact, you've been in here to wind people up from the beginning. You can't reasonably complain about the level of discussion if that's your own contribution to it.

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
All this child exposure nonsense has so many holes in it. I’ve seen 5 year olds as ring bearers at heterosexual weddings.
But, but, we have to think of the children! We don't want them all catching the gay!

It's mental, kids don't give a feck... we explained relationships to my son (5) about a year ago, more to help him understand family compositions than sexuality (there were a few single parent kids in his creche).

I just explained to him that he has a mummy and a daddy, but there are different families, some with only a mummy, some only with a Daddy. Sometimes kids will have 2 mummys and some might have 2 daddies.

None of this bothered him in the slightest, and he had no problem accepting it.

As a parent part of my job is to prepare my kid to live in the real world.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
But, but, we have to think of the children! We don't want them all catching the gay!

It's mental, kids don't give a feck... we explained relationships to my son (5) about a year ago, more to help him understand family compositions than sexuality (there were a few single parent kids in his creche).

I just explained to him that he has a mummy and a daddy, but there are different families, some with only a mummy, some only with a Daddy. Sometimes kids will have 2 mummys and some might have 2 daddies.

As a parent part of my job is to prepare my kid to live in the real world.
When are you going to tell your kid about @rimaldo?

Maagge

enjoys sex, doesn't enjoy women not into ONS
Also, you (Tomuś) have a tendency to respond with sarcastic one-liners, misrepresent points, and jump on the posters that make comments that are easier to defeat or ridicule. In fact, you've been in here to wind people up from the beginning. You can't reasonably complain about the level of discussion if that's your own contribution to it.
You'd at least hope it isn't representative of their university.

AllGoodNamesRGone

Supports
Arsenal
Or maybe, just maybe you don't understand them?

Just because somebody else shares my take on things does not mean we're evil but it just makes it more of a discussion.

Seeing the difference between hating homosexuals and not liking every single piece of promoting lgbt would be a fine start. Seems a bit too much of an ask though:(.
I can assure that I fully understand. I can assure you that you really don’t understand as shown by you using the terms ‘reason’ and ‘irony’ incorrectly on more than one occasion.

As others have said, it should have been painfully obvious that engaging with you was pointless as early as page one. Your wishy washy, vague and misrepresented comments show you are trolling or incredibly ignorant to the subject at hand. You are being purposely obtuse and I am sure you do not lack the intellectual ability to understand the nuance of the arguments presented to you but instead you choose to respond with fictions of your imagination that exist in your head such as the idea people are telling you that your daughter has to have a gay experience which is the biggest load of nonsense you have posted in here which is saying something considering the stream of nonsense you have posted throughout the whole thread.

Perhaps in future, instead of complaining about the quality of debates you should look at your own debating style and realise that deliberately obtuse, sarcastic comments and outright misleading statements are not the way to conduct a debate.

Anyway, I only get a few posts in main a day so I will not be engaging with you further as it’s like banging my head against a brick wall. I would say auf wiedersehen but as that means until I see and I hope to never engage with you again I will just say goodbye.

Adios, I bid you adieu

Reactions: esmufc07

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
Kids are great like that. They tend to accept diversity by default. It's part and parcel of their experience as newcomers in the world: difference exists everywhere, arguably much more so than likeness.

They're perfectly fine with the concept that A is not the same as B. The problems begin when someone puts the idea into their heads that A isn't quite as good as B.

Tomuś

Nani is crap, I tell you!
I respect that it's not easy when you're one poster having to have debates with multiple people, but when I made a point to you earlier, you replied insinuating I was speaking about Arabic countries, when I showed that was factually not the case, you ignored the argument all together.

I do understand it can be overwhelming and frustrating when multiple posters are quoting you and making arguments (which I'm as guilty of as anyone), but you haven't debated in particularly good faith.
I did. And I was not the only one (others are prob banned by now, which I will sure be as well unless I stop posting here✌).

I'm replying as much as I can free time-wise, and sometimes I ask people to check my previous response to see a bigger picture.

Don't see the big issue about arguing anyway so all is well.

Tomuś

I can assure that I fully understand. I can assure you that you really don’t understand as shown by you using the terms ‘reason’ and ‘irony’ incorrectly on more than one occasion.

As others have said, it should have been painfully obvious that engaging with you was pointless as early as page one. Your wishy washy, vague and misrepresented comments show you are trolling or incredibly ignorant to the subject at hand. You are being purposely obtuse and I am sure you do not lack the intellectual ability to understand the nuance of the arguments presented to you but instead you choose to respond with fictions of your imagination that exist in your head such as the idea people are telling you that your daughter has to have a gay experience which is the biggest load of nonsense you have posted in here which is saying something considering the stream of nonsense you have posted throughout the whole thread.

Perhaps in future, instead of complaining about the quality of debates you should look at your own debating style and realise that deliberately obtuse, sarcastic comments and outright misleading statements are not the way to conduct a debate.

Anyway, I only get a few posts in main a day so I will not be engaging with you further as it’s like banging my head against a brick wall. I would say auf wiedersehen but as that means until I see and I hope to never engage with you again I will just say goodbye.

Adios, I bid you adieu
You assured me. I feel 100% assured. And cheers for stopping engaging with me.

Tomuś

The point was he wants to ban LGBT marches because they are apparently violent/obscene (yet I've never heard of a single such incident), but he has no problem with football games, which are a cesspool of obscene/homophobic/racist language and aggression.

In other words, when a gay man misbehaves, he represents all men of a certain "lifestyle choice" and their mission to promote their evil way of life, but when a straight man acts like a caveman, he's just a bad apple.
Wait, do you mean I want to get the marches banned?

In this thread I learned that not only do people know better than me what I meant by saying something but also what I'd actually said.

Tomuś

Oh and there are no double standards. That poster got a warning. I know it was a few days ago but no one seems to have pointed that out.
That guy has every right to call me a cnut, whatever. Do I care? No. Do I think less of him? No, actualy I'd rather that to attempts at mind-reading.

EDIT: I just checked he actually called me a moron. Big deal. He's got the freedom to call me whatever he likes. I mean, I won't to anything with it or get angry etc.

Withnail

That guy has every right to call me a cnut, whatever. Do I care? No. Do I think less of him? No, actualy I'd rather that to attempts at mind-reading.

EDIT: I just checked he actually called me a moron. Big deal. He's got the freedom to call me whatever he likes. I mean, I won't to anything with it or get angry etc.
No you'll just make passive agressive posts about double-standards that don't exist and when your shown the evidence you post a non-sequitur.

How disingenuous can one person be?

Tomuś

No you'll just make passive agressive posts about double-standards that don't exist and when your shown the evidence you post a non-sequitur.

How disingenuous can one person be?
Very. As you best know.

Mike Smalling

Confirmed by the fan to Danish media. Not exactly a great look for UEFA.

TheReligion

Abusive
Three games to be played behind close doors. Hardly feels like a punishment considering most teams have had to do that for the last year and a half anyway.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/57784724?at_custom2=facebook_page&at_campaign=64&at_custom4=4424A5AE-E106-11EB-8F0C-1F7596E8478F&at_custom3=Match+of+the+Day&at_medium=custom7&at_custom1=[post+type]&fbclid=IwAR1Zi4nJDqow6VnS3q8E5YVd47eejxRgocdHqEH4pecqsxE1MWj8hha1oHU

Some of those fans really do sound like lovely people. :rolleyes:
Interesting this. Even more so that this attracts no discussion on the Caf as the majority would sooner keep going on about the Harry Kane penalty and moaning about a national anthem being booed.

Priorities.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
Interesting this. Even more so that this attracts no discussion on the Caf as the majority would sooner keep going on about the Harry Kane penalty and moaning about a national anthem being booed.

Priorities.
Pfft - yesterday's worries. We're totally over LGBT stuff now!

To be fair though, we did go round the topic a few dozen times in the course of the thread, so there isn't much left to add at this point. And UEFA doling out a penalty isn't that interesting as a subject in and off itself. (I also have no idea whether I find three games fair or not, to be honest.)

HTG

Supports
Bayern
I hate pride parades. It’s so sexual and right in the face of children. Just not right.

AllGoodNamesRGone

Supports
Arsenal
Wasn’t it in this very thread where some claimed this sort of thing doesn’t happen at football matches?

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
@HTG

:lol:

There's another video where a woman has her tits partially out and one guy, arguably assaulting her, bites her tit. She didn't react like she was assaulted because she was laughing but it didn't seem consensual.