Television Line Of Duty (BBC TV Series)

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Currently halfway through season 2. How is the 12 year old getting pretty much every girl.
Season 3 episode one, another hottie. Do they seriously expect us to believe this.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Season 3 episode one, another hottie. Do they seriously expect us to believe this.
Who are we talking about here? It’s been a long while since I watched the first few series. Arnott?

His copper girlfriend is literally perfection.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Who are we talking about here? It’s been a long while since I watched the first few series. Arnott?

His copper girlfriend is literally perfection.
Yeah Arnott. He appears to bang every female he encounters despite being 12.

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He got game.... Obviously. Seriously though it's a TV show. It's okay...
No need to go down that rabbithole.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I don’t trust anyone :lol:

I think Arnott is going to be manipulated my Corbett and find himself in the same position I think Hastings has found himself in, just as every other person working in that unit seems to have.

Arnott’s ridiculously hot ex-girlfriend is crooked too and stringing him into something.

I also don’t think it was Hastings in that photo, I think it was Corbett.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
I don’t trust anyone :lol:

I think Arnott is going to be manipulated my Corbett and find himself in the same position I think Hastings has found himself in, just as every other person working in that unit seems to have.

Arnott’s ridiculously hot ex-girlfriend is crooked too and stringing him into something.

I also don’t think it was Hastings in that photo, I think it was Corbett.
Yeah, I think the stress of the job/impending divorce and this dodgy financial thing is taking its toll on Hastings and that's why we are seeing his somewhat erratic/strange behaviour, but I refuse to believe he's 'H'.

I do think Fleming could be dirty, she's worked undercover before and I just don't quite trust her

At this point though I'm suspecting everyone :lol:

Member 115509

Makes you wonder now how many straight police officers are left in this show...

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I'm now caught up to the end of season 4. Just seen 5 is currently on so I'll catch up in the next day or two. Loved it so far!

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
eah, I think the stress of the job/impending divorce and this dodgy financial thing is taking its toll on Hastings and that's why we are seeing his somewhat erratic/strange behaviour, but I refuse to believe he's 'H'.
Yeah, I think that random guy coming out of the woodwork to talk about how Hastings can recover some of the investment money he lost is dangerous as well.

A boost in his bank balance suddenly revealed could end up looking very dodgy. I'm going with our Mister Big Bad setting Hastings up with the AC12 crew, when actually Hastings has just been involved in Operation Peartree alongside his day job for a while.

Anyway, I'll be disappointed if he's a proper "bad guy".

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
Hastings has done a few things throughout the show to hint at his vulnerability to criminal groups - his financial issues being plainly laid out as making him vulnerable to bribes, his role in the freemasons and how it prevented him from pushing forward with senior members in that group, his instant embracement of Dot and his cosiness with the other "H" despite evidence of corruption - and it makes total sense that one of the three main characters would be part of the conspiracy. He's definitely been the one most prone to deception on key issues. It's a great story arc IMO. However it does seem oddly predictable at this stage...

Member 115509

I think the whole thing about Hastings is one of the best aspects of this show, a man who always seems on the verge of moral outrage while the question mark about his finances is always in the background. You wonder about him though, is it a case of his whiter than white image is just too good to be true and he is actually a corrupt copper "hiding in plain sight" as he is seen as a total company man and a stickler for the rules.
I was a bit surprised that the lawyer he nearly got involved with, Gill Bigelow, has resurfaced as I thought she had resigned in a previous series after problems with Hastings - and they also nearly got personally involved.
I get the impression that the guy who had represented Roz Huntley that turned up at Hastings' hotel is going to play a big part in what happens to Hastings one way or another.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Caught up now. Knew it would be Stephen Graham as the undercover officer straight away and also it seems waaay too obvious that Hastings would be bad. Too many non subtle hints. Like Fleming saying “you work right next to someone” and him walking in as soon as she says it. Or the ending of course. He’s probably doing something bad but for a good reason.

Oggmonster

My mate at work reckons that Kate is the bent copper.
There's potential for any of them really. Kate for example with the speech Corbett's wife gave about turning bent etc. I do think it's to obvious to be Hasting's but in a way that can work for the show as usually it's a shock. Making it so obvious that you don't suspect them could work. The most ridiculous thing though would be the fact a guy going undercover and won't want anyone to know who he is uses the initial of his surname as his code name.

RedMist99

There's potential for any of them really. Kate for example with the speech Corbett's wife gave about turning bent etc. I do think it's to obvious to be Hasting's but in a way that can work for the show as usually it's a shock. Making it so obvious that you don't suspect them could work. The most ridiculous thing though would be the fact a guy going undercover and won't want anyone to know who he is uses the initial of his surname as his code name.
I might be remembering wrong but isn't he only known as 'H' to the police as Dot blinked when they reached the letter H in the alphabet during his dying declaration? Or is the top dog actually called H?

Nialler

Alex's Dad
Its quite clever the way they lead you to believe certain things about the main characters, camera zooming in on Hastings alone in his office scratching his chin and looking worried when Kate was interrogating another suspect who pointed at one of several photos when asked who was the main person behind the corruption. Hastings is also having major problems with his marriage and trying to sort out his lack of finances after investing in a dodgy property deal and could merely have been thinking about that rather than being worried that he was "rumbled". I'm not sure whether this is the last season or not, if it is then the Hastings theory could be right but personally I think its a distraction to throw the viewers off scent.Gripping stuff all the same.

stepic

Its quite clever the way they lead you to believe certain things about the main characters, camera zooming in on Hastings alone in his office scratching his chin and looking worried when Kate was interrogating another suspect who pointed at one of several photos when asked who was the main person behind the corruption.
not really clever that though, it was painstakingly obvious. too obvious.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Meh, it's not a patch on Prime Suspect.

Oggmonster

I might be remembering wrong but isn't he only known as 'H' to the police as Dot blinked when they reached the letter H in the alphabet during his dying declaration? Or is the top dog actually called H?
Yeah that's true I think you're right actually. But then the woman in the last episode mentioned him being known as H as well so I'm not sure really!

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Why is this top dog even using the initial of his actual surname? Or is this just based on Dot's dying declaration?

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Yeah, I think that random guy coming out of the woodwork to talk about how Hastings can recover some of the investment money he lost is dangerous as well.

Anyway, I'll be disappointed if he's a proper "bad guy".
That money was just resting in his account!

Member 115509

Thought they'd had a drunken one night stand yonks ago which they both regretted straight away, but they got close again when Arnott was in a wheel-chair ?
I think that was Steve and Georgia, she was new in AC-12, they had a drunken one night stand but she was murdered not long after.