Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

RacingClub

Supports
Racing Club
Otamendi- Romero partnership has been great under Scaloni and I can understand why he is reluctant to change that partnership. Acuna also has been great under him.
Yup and the CB pairing was great yesterday so I don't really understand the hand-wringing over the decision.

I think its abit disingenuous to suggest that the CBs picked didn't influence Lewandowskis performance (cbs who didn't give him an inch and played well) when this place would be full of praise for Licha shutting down Lewandowski if he started and the game went the same way.

I would say he has a good chance of starting vs Australia where Scaloni may prioritize his ball playing abilities.

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
United fans are so insecure these days its mind blowing.
Can't blame them for being insecure considering what we have turned into, but right now Antony and Licha are showing the most passion for this club, so it's unfair/stupid to accuse them of being merchants. If Real Madrid or Barca do call, any footballer will be tempted, including Lewa at Byern, that's just how things are, but let's not go crazy before anything actually happens.

Samoerai Jack

I hadn't seen Otamendi play in a while but he seemed rather good against Poland. I can see why Martinez has to wait for his chance.

Grande

Yes it looks like Scaloni got it right.
I don't think Martinez progressive play was fantastic against Mexico, but that's my personal opinion and if you think different that's fine. Don't you think Otamendi's progressive play was good yesterday?
The way they set up yesterday, the CBs played an important role in winning back the ball early after they lost possession, so I would say CBs are important for Argentina. That role should suit Martinez.
Thanks for a level headed answer. I don’t think Martinez progressive play was fantastic against Mexico, just better than Otamendi’s and Romero’s. In these same games. And they’ve not been bad at all, Otamendi is quite good. I think Martinez has showed an increasing fraction of what he has shown for Ajax and United in that regard, which makes sense as he’s quite new to the team, it’s important games, and the coach evidently trusts him at least somewhat less than Ten Hag does. I think Mexico’s front press was of a completely different order than Poland’s, so what Martinez did was more important and impressive there, bypassing that first press. I think he’s got more in his locker there than his two competent colleagues.

Otamendi is very proactive defending, and Romero is physically strong and also quite smart. Martinez has impressed me with his proactivity too, mind.

As for the club you mentioned, Varane on form is to me clearly better than both Otamendi and Romero, and probably one of the best five in the world (injuries notwithstanding), so that doesn’t say much. However I do think Martinez has been even better than Varane this particular season, and seems more important for how United can play so far. We are very well stocked at CB when all are on form, in my view.

That people, myself included, takes off abit on Lisandro’s qualities, is probably both true and natural: He brings something to the club that is such a relief and joy to watch, he has been transformative to me almost like Bruno was. I have a lot of love for him, and will be tempted to slaughter any coach that doesn’t share my view on him ;)

Chief123

Wow, just wow!

If tackles can win you a game, that was it right there! Incredible tackle to stop the equaliser. Criminal he’s not starting every game!

General_Elegancia

Chillin' with the Dugongs
Supports
Liverpool, AC Milan
What a guy, Martinez

The goal that Argentina conceded was an amazing goal from Aussie’s players. However, he performed well today and I think he should be a starter for Argentina.

mav_9me

I am biased but I find it hard to believe Lisandro doesn't start. His reactions are among the best. He is always so quick to block a shot.

El Jefe

He heard all the excitement about Gvardiol's block yesterday and said hold my beer.

Top class.

ScholesyTheWise

I fecking hate recency bias (like someone asking whether Mbappe is the best-ever French player ffs),

But I can't help thinking that he's one of the most instantly-likable players we've ever had.

Can't imagine a single United fan that's not in awe of him.

Bondi77

I fecking hate recency bias (like someone asking whether Mbappe is the best-ever French player ffs),

But I can't help thinking that he's one of the most instantly-likable players we've ever had.

Can't imagine a single United fan that's not in awe of him.
In all fairness they maybe new to football and are not aware of the other great French footballers and just want feedback so they can form an opinion.....I think it happens quite a lot on here.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Argentina NT "manger" : "Licha has been performing really well, turned games around and saved our arse in the last game. Hmmmmmm I've made my decision, he belongs on the bench"

Status
Not open for further replies.