Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

A-man

He’s on a weird mission to slur every Manchester United CB who isn’t Victor Lindelof. You can consider Romero collateral damage.
On a mission to slur every CB? I’m a long time fan of Varane and I’ve seen most of his matches since he joined RM. In what way have I been on a mission to slur him? Please give some examples.
I am not a big fan of Harry but definitely more pro Harry than the average here. So wouldn’t say I’m on a mission there either, but please, give a couple of examples.
When it comes to Martinez it’s the “I love him so much” fans who are the problem. You are basically patrolling the threads to make sure only superlatives are written or you will attack.

A-man

If you performed to the level of Lindelof you'd have been fired even if you turned up early every day
Not sure what he has to do with this? He has played second most minutes of all CBs this season so seems the coach find him quite good to have.

A-man

A problem? Why is fans falling in love with a whole-hearted player who’s been playing superbly a problem?
I don’t care who you love and you can write it as much as you want in this thread even if it has very little to do with performance. It’s the other part that is the problem. You patrolling every thread to make sure only superlatives are written. It’s unhealthy.

You even wrote statements about me, over my head, about being on a mission to slur all United CBs. That’s pretty strong statement about a person and a United fan, so now back it up.

How have been on a mission to slur
1. Varane
2. Maguire

Cloud7

Were people really upset that he wasn't back sooner? They just won the WC FFS

Cloud7

People on the internet moaned about it yes. Does that suprise you?
Of all the people on the team, you could hardly point to anyone more passionate than Licha. He is clearly someone very committed to the cause. You would think he would be given a little leeway of a few days during a once in a lifetime event

Stadjer

Of all the people on the team, you could hardly point to anyone more passionate than Licha. He is clearly someone very committed to the cause. You would think he would be given a little leeway of a few days during a once in a lifetime event
You would think so yes. I agree. However if you take a look in the matchday thread of the Forest game than you see that not everyone agrees. I suspect people on twitter had even weirder opinions. Even in this thread there are some interesting opinions to read

Conor

Martinez was back training in Manchester 10 days after playing in the World Cup final. If your employer won’t allow you to ever take a 10 day holiday then you need a better job.
Literally zero point in replying to one of the biggest agenda posters to ever grace the forum.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
Yeah he's absolutely world class because he played well there against one of the worst teams in the league who offered no threat at all.

Other than that I don't see the fuss over Martinez, arrived back when he was supposed to as long as he hasn't been drinking and fecking about for 10 days solid he should be ok to play against Wolves.
The post wasn't serious, but even then, the amount of attacks he started from that position is still fecking quality. His passes, short and long were insanely good. Very few defenders can pull that of, luckily, one of them is Lisandro.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Missed his friend's wedding to return to United. The new ownership is getting out of hand. If it happened like a year ago Donny wouldnt have gotten married.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
Missed his friend's wedding to return to United. The new ownership is getting out of hand. If it happened like a year ago Donny wouldnt have gotten married.
Did I miss something, who's this new ownership?

Man Utd 3:0 Bournemouth

Big Ray

Did I miss something, who's this new ownership?
Nice cameo tonight. Won an aerial challenge against the taller Moore easily and the next second header as well. Was lovely moment before the match being introduced to the crowd with his medal and also when he came on near the end. Impossible not to love this man!

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
Nice cameo tonight. Won an aerial challenge against the taller Moore easily and the next second header as well. Was lovely moment before the match being introduced to the crowd with his medal and also when he came on near the end. Impossible not to love this man!
Well personally I prefer women :D but yeah it was great all round

BorisManUtd

He'll most probably start vs Charlton to get more minutes before 2 big games against rivals. Ten Hag easing him into team it seems.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
What I love about Licha is that eh does everything in such a boss way, it definitely helps the team to get confidence and security again.
Him shepherding a very slow moving ball out of play with a much bigger player challenging him like it was absolutely nothing was glorious.

RedDevilRoshi

Future captain for me. Just a natural born leader. You can tell that when he came on the pitch, he brought a presence and a calmness to a back line that was very very nervy whenever Everton were attacking with numbers.

Huge player for us.

El Jefe

We need the butcher back in the starting lineup as soon as possible. We never quite look as good without him.

Last edited:

Sylar

He'll most probably start vs Charlton to get more minutes before 2 big games against rivals. Ten Hag easing him into team it seems.
We defo need him and varane at CB and Shaw at lb for those two big games coming up

Dominos

I'm still not really sure why he's not been back in the team yet?

He played enough in the world cup to remain sharp, but spent enough time on the bench to not be fatigued. If Varane is back in the team Martinez should be starting, don't know why he needs easing in.

BorisManUtd

He played enough in the world cup to remain sharp, but spent enough time on the bench to not be fatigued. If Varane is back in the team Martinez should be starting, don't know why he needs easing in.
I don't know answer to that one either but maybe it was more of a giving proper chance to Maguire and Lindelof than easing Martinez in.

Glorio

Wasn't sure who it was at the time but did he win a 50/50 header against DCL in the box? :eek:

Mickson

He seemed a bit pissed about Martinez not returning from Argentina right away, so maybe he gives games time to players who have been more loyal.

Swedish_Plumber

He’s a leader. Could see it in his face as soon as he stepped on the pitch that he knew everything was going to be fine. Him and Casemiro will be huge for us in the next two PL games.

AjaxNL

Amazing player. We miss him by far the most out of all players that have left this summer (Gravenberch, MAzroui, Haller, Antony, Licha). His successor (Bassey) is shit!

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
He was good in the first half, but what the feck was that second half? Looked like he'd spent the halftime break downing a bunch of shots.
He's been a superstar for us, we can forgive him a few mistakes, even Messi has the odd off night

Wheato

He was good in the first half, but what the feck was that second half? Looked like he'd spent the halftime break downing a bunch of shots.
His first 90 mins since the World Cup. And he needed it. Ten Hag always makes the right decisions. He'll be back to his best on Saturday.

Witchking

This is the first game where I felt he was being a bit lethargic or easy going instead of being focused like he always has been.

Hoping he is back to his best against city.

City is one team who can kill you from any position and we need all 11 players to be on top of their game to get anything from the match.

Status
Not open for further replies.