5.7 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Far from his biggest fan, but him getting skinned such easily at the end of the match, is something that you would expect from Maguire. Similar stuff to that and the memes get born.

Other than that, his passing is gorgeous. Don't see what the fuss is about though, really do not understand's Caf obsession with rating him. Outside of passing, he is a painfully average defender.
Absolutely nonsense but wouldn’t expect anything less on here.

SAFMUTD

He needs to get better. He's riding on last season reputation but without the tainted glasses he's not been the same this season.

The United

His passing are always good. But yeah, I don't think he fits the high-line defending that ETH may want us to do going forward.

Davie Moyes

No patience whatsoever on the Caf. Give the guy a chance. He is working his way back from a long term injury.

The whole squad don't look quite right at the start of the season. ETH needs to rethink his preseason strategy because this is second season in a row where the squad is not looking ready.

criticalanalysis

Yeah I meant it all in good faith - clearly we all want what's best for United. Nice to have a disagreement that doesn't get nasty or stupid to be fair on here.

I really hope we sign a more mobile partner for him, think that will really allow him to get on the front foot and make the most of his natural aggression
I've said the same thing a few times. I love Varane but he's not the same physically anymore.

We need a speed demon who can mop up at the back and physically handle himself in the air and on the floor. It's why I was intrigued at the Todibo rumours.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
He looked much sharper today. People forget that's he coming off a serious injury. It always going to take him time to get back to his best.

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
Worrying to see him doing so many un-Licha-like things in these first three games since his injury. MOTD highlighted him and Case not getting back to defend when we lost possession today. I was shocked to see him a)so high up the pitch, and b) jogging back and not giving a crap. Not what we’ve come to expect at all.

In Rainbows

Well, he is small so people said that he is gonna be a liability in the air. Then Caf said that Baresi was as small but was a beast in the air, and then denied the reality that Lisandro is, as you can expect from a CB of his height, bad in the air.

He attempted 63 aerial duels last season, and won 32, for an aerial duel win rate of 50.7%, which has to be one of the worst in the league (11th percentile). This season he has won 1 out of 4 (albeit the sample is so small that is meaningless).

For comparison, Lindelof whom Caf claims is shit in the air, won 33 out of 53 attempts last season, so a win rate of 62.3%. He attempted nearly as much as Lisandro despite playing far less. And Varane who is great won 42 of 58 (72.5% win rate).
Doesn't that put it into perspective? Because he lost 1 aerial duel a game, that means his performances weren't good? I don't really see the defensive weakness you're trying to criticize him with last season.

Now this season? Sure.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
An injury to our back line is exactly what we needed.
Fully expecting all remaining senior defenders who aren't currently injured to find a way to get themselves crocked during the international break.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
I’m not sure. Maybe being harsh because of the result but that challenge just before he went off was incredibly rash.
Was a "let's stop the counter and take a yellow" challenge, was him making up for others making mistakes in that build up

Bobski

Silly lunge to pick up the injury, had been very good to then as well.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Don’t know what we do about injured CBs. Been an issue for over a decade now.

Sylar

Him diving in on the half way line that made no sense at all. Shame about the injury

George Owen

LEAVE THE SFW THREAD ALONE!!1!
He was solid today. His passing maybe wasn't up to his usual standards, but kudos to Arteta for placing a player to close him down fast because they know he is the only one who can pass the ball from the back.

Blood Mage

One of our most important players even when he's not at 100% I'm glad it doesn't seem to be a serious injury.

SAFMUTD

He's traveling to Argentina for the international break so thats good news I guess he's not injured.

Dominos

He's traveling to Argentina for the international break so thats good news I guess he's not injured.
It also means that he's subbed himself in the middle of our game due to an "injury" and then decided he's fit enough to play for his country within the space of a couple of hours...

SAFMUTD

It also means that he's subbed himself in the middle of our gakome due to an "injury" and then decided he's fit enough to play for his country within the space of a couple of hours...
You do know that a player can go out because of a knock which doesnt allows him to play any further that day right? Doesnt mean its a serious injury. If you've played football this is very frequent specially in amateur leagues where defenders and tend to be more aggressive to compensate their lack of skill resulting in many hard knocks.

Y

Tom Van Persie

No relation
It also means that he's subbed himself in the middle of our game due to an "injury" and then decided he's fit enough to play for his country within the space of a couple of hours...
Aye Martinez definitely strikes me as the type to phone it in for United. Jesus wept.

tentan

Poor man's poster.
Are him and Varane having a competition to see who gets injured the most?

Joking aside, I'm starting to get annoyed now. Should've signed KMJ this summer.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Are him and Varane having a competition to see who gets injured the most?

Joking aside, I'm starting to get annoyed now. Should've signed KMJ this summer.
Its funny because so many fans were opposed to the KMJ signing. Saying he was not a priority.