5.7 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
We have tested Casemiro as CB and it worked fine in that one game, but he is so much more important in midfield.
I’m just thinking with the injury crisis we have then it may have to happen again and now that we have Amrabat who can play the Casemiro role. Alternatively we start and finish games with a partnership of Evans and Maguire like we did against Arsenal. No top team in Europe should be having them 2 CB on the pitch at the same time, it’s embarrassing

A-man

I’m just thinking with the injury crisis we have then it may have to happen again and now that we have Amrabat who can play the Casemiro role. Alternatively we start and finish games with a partnership of Evans and Maguire like we did against Arsenal. No top team in Europe should be having them 2 CB on the pitch at the same time, it’s embarrassing
I agree it could be worth considering if Amrabat can fill his place. Absolutely. Especially since we lost all ball playing ability in the back line when Martinez and Lindelof left the pitch.
Sure no top club would start Harry and Evans together as first choice, but I’m sure many top club have worse options for 4th and 5th choices. Maybe even 5th and 5th if we include Shaw.
I don’t rate them, but at the same time, this was not an easy task for Evans to come on.

Man Utd 1:3 Brighton

spiriticon

He's been really shit this season. If he doesn't watch it, Carragher's gonna be on Sky Sports saying 'I told you all so! Too small for the PL!'

Orion.

Shaw should be the permanent left centreback once he’s fit. This little fella is a myth.

Superunknown

Doesnt have the sharpness he had before the injury.
Yeah, I'm feeling the same thing. He looks a lot more timid these days. Seems to back away a lot now whereas he was more on the front foot before.

Frank White

God knows what's happened to him was fantastic last season, totally different player this season which is worrying because we'll need him if we're to do anything this season.

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
Worrying, if he doesn't have the aggression he had, he's has so little else to offer, then I'm concerned.

I really like him but he seems like someone players will target and joy against.

FerociousCorgis

I mean hard to blame him when mids are just letting runners slot home cutbacks under feck all pressure

The United

He is not as good as many people were hyping him for, of course. That happens with almost all players.

But I am concerned that he does not seem to suit the system we want to play—high pressing with a lot of space around him and at the back. He is not exactly the quickest, strongest, or an imposing or a very clever player to play in situations like that.

Last edited:

-Supreme-

This is why we need two players challenging for the same spot to maintain a high level throughout the season as ETH has mentioned a couple of times already.

Bobski

He is not as good as many people were hyping him for, of course. That happens with almost all players.

But I am concerned that he does not seem to suit the system we want to play—high pressing with a lot of space around him and at the back. He is not exactly the quickest, strongest, or an imposing player to play in situations like that.
Goes to Ten Hag's team construction seemingly, and willfully, ignoring the nature of PL. Often shown in our repeated shellackings away from home.

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

He's currently not looking the same player since his injury, however he has enough credit in the bank from last season to earn some patience. Hopefully he'll play his way into form sooner rather than later.

SNes

He hasn't looked like the same player since the World Cup.

AngliaRed

Maybe the injury or match fitness but he looked rusty, slow and exceptionally bad on the ball today.

He had the ball so much today just walked with it and didnt do much at all.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
A few more games like this and I might be allowed to say he’s not world class and a top 10 center half I guess?

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Worrying, really. Looks way off it.

Idxomer

He and Lindelof looked so unintimidating today, he'll always need a physically dominant defender to play with him.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Poor start to the season from him, when he’s not playing well it is made even worse by having no physicality to rely on.

izec

Overrated on here
He was really good last season. Maybe not world class, but really very good. Now if that was his usual level or not, who knows.

Absolutely shit now though. Different player and a couple of levels below his best.

Marwood

He got done for the goal but that happens. It was very well taken and midfielders running onto a defender is always a tough position.

But he's strolling around for some reason and its translating to his passing. He was like this pre season. Hope he hasn't let last seasons praise get to him.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
A few more games like this and I might be allowed to say he’s not world class and a top 10 center half I guess?
He was never world class. We only have 1 world class defender but he is often injured.

andersj

Nick Powell Expert
Overrated on here
I dont agree. Last year he was very good. People rated him as very good. This year he has been very poor. People rate him as poor this year.

So when fact change, people change their opinion. The way it should be.

The weird thing is how some feel the need to extrapolate his performance this season to last season.

Reactions: Solius

Lentwood

I go back to my point that I have made from the beginning - it doesn't make sense to me to sign a player with obvious deficiencies/limitations. He's world class on the ball, nice and aggressive, a good tackler, reads the game well...but...in my opinion...I maintain you can't be a world class centre half in the modern era and be as slow and as small as he is