Liverpool 2014/15 | WARNING: Contains strong amounts of Scouse nonsense

Bob Loblaw

Supports
Liverpool
Slippy was the problem all season. He has become a cult figure and it achieved little for the Scouses. Today they lost them three points as their game became about his departure. Palace just played their usual game. I have been telling the Scouse lads that visit here that he's been their calamity all season but they just stick to the sentimentality banter. Tonight Rodgers will be quietly thinking he can now manage without a millstone. I think they might actually be a decent side next season, but that's as far as I will go.
Not really. He had a poor season but to blame everything on him is just wrong. There's been many problems - poor summer signings, poor managerial decisions at different points during the season and poor performances from almost every player at one point or another.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
We all love to laugh at Gerrard but you have to admit he was a fantastic player and a great servant to Liverpool. I'd even say we are saying goodbye to a Premier League legend and I wish him the best in LA.

His little girls are adorable as well.

Ødegaard

formerly MrEriksen
Scout
Surely he should have accepted a backup/rotation role.
@Bob Loblaw, do you know if he is going because his family wants to? I can't wrap my head around it actually being because Rodgers wanted him in a lesser role, it just seems so ego-driven if that is the case.

Bob Loblaw

Supports
Liverpool
Surely he should have accepted a backup/rotation role.
@Bob Loblaw, do you know if he is going because his family wants to? I can't wrap my head around it actually being because Rodgers wanted him in a lesser role, it just seems so ego-driven if that is the case.
I dunno. I don't think him wanting to leave to be a guaranteed starter elsewhere is that selfish, plenty of players do it. I think it was for the best anyway, he's the best Liverpool player in my lifetime but Gerrard in his current state isn't that valuable to the team outside of set pieces.

kps88

I can't believe they're still 5th. Must say, for a team who depend on Lambert and Balloteli for goals, finishing fifth isn't too bad.

Amethyst

It's banter lads, inn't?
I can't believe they're still 5th. Must say, for a team who depend on Lambert and Balloteli for goals, finishing fifth isn't too bad.
They're 5th for now, I don't see them beating Stoke next week. They could easily finish 6th and even 7th if City lose concentration against Southampton.

Livewire1974

If it moves, report it.
They're 5th for now, I don't see them beating Stoke next week. They could easily finish 6th and even 7th if City lose concentration against Southampton.
They want to avoid the Europa league, but knowing Brentan, he will prob f*cuk that up also.

Vanrouge

I'm not interested in squabbles between other people - that's your own business and I'm not fit to referee - but I think you're a decent bloke and I'd like to think you know better than to paint everyone the same, even if it is a little more work occasionally.

As for the Echo? I don't read it. Never have. Isn't it managed from and printed in Manchester these days? But I would assume they used a picture of him getting sent off because it was a big deal and recent. Otherwise, I don't know.
Seriously, kudos for bringing this discussion back to some kind of decency. You're right, too. If we all refused to get involved in squabbles between others (assuming they're equals), not only football forums on the internet, but things in general would be a lot better. Fair enough and well said.

Livewire1974

If it moves, report it.
Why did Sky and the media not put as much effort into Giggs's last game? This Slippy G circus has been nothing short of disgusting.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
Why did Sky and the media not put as much effort into Giggs's last game? This Slippy G circus has been nothing short of disgusting.
I would think United's PR team would not allow such nonsense. It should always be about the club. Giggs was manager and just brought himself on for a few minutes at Hull last season. Scholes just went off quietly when all the focus was on Sir Alex.

Ødegaard

formerly MrEriksen
Scout
I dunno. I don't think him wanting to leave to be a guaranteed starter elsewhere is that selfish, plenty of players do it. I think it was for the best anyway, he's the best Liverpool player in my lifetime but Gerrard in his current state isn't that valuable to the team outside of set pieces.
He could still be very valuable as a rotation player so he can get proper rest.
I just thought he would be a one-club man. Just seems so wrong to leave for his twilight years and spoil that. It seems so wrong in my mind.

I agree in general that it isn't selfish to go, but I can't fathom why he'd want to be key in american instead of a valued character and keep his legacy as a one-club man at liverpool. :confused:

Cpt Negative

I don't think a decent club would allow such a farce. Having all of the current players wearing Gerrard shirts was a bit of a joke.

ChaddyP

Thanks, they should be ok then fingers crossed, a couple of early qualifiers would also be nice but I guess that's just a bit greedy.

I can honestly see them drawing against stoke and Southampton pushing for the win against city to give the 6th. I really can see it. They don't deserve to be in Europe. Rather see villa take there place.

Thisistheone

That was an embarrassment all round. Sky and Liverpool.

Rio, Vidic, Scholes, Giggs, Fergie all bowed out with less than quarter of the fuss.

C'est Moi Cantona

I can honestly see them drawing against stoke and Southampton pushing for the win against city to give the 6th. I really can see it. They don't deserve to be in Europe. Rather see villa take there place.
Personally I want to see them there, rarely does anything good from EL qualification.

reelworld

That was an embarrassment all round. Sky and Liverpool.

Rio, Vidic, Scholes, Giggs, Fergie all bowed out with less than quarter of the fuss.
Yeah, it's laughable really. Ryan Giggs won the league more times than Gerrard have fingers, and he just retired with a prepared statement from the club. None of this shite

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
It's been said umpteen times over the past week

Giggs retired after he had played his final game. It wasn't known about and it's a real shame his retirement turned out that way

Livewire1974

If it moves, report it.
It's been said umpteen times over the past week

Giggs retired after he had played his final game. It wasn't known about and it's a real shame his retirement turned out that way
A man of class, as is Scholes. No need for a farewell tour.

Its going to be a right laugh if the dippers get Slippy back on loan when MLS is off season, the entire farewell tour will be a laughing stock.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
A man of class, as is Scholes. No need for a farewell tour.

Its going to be a right laugh if the dippers get Slippy back on loan when MLS is off season, the entire farewell tour will be a laughing stock.

Sorry but I don't know how getting a good send off like today lacks class

I would love to have seen scholes get similar