Liverpool 2014/15 | WARNING: Contains strong amounts of Scouse nonsense

Slevs

likes to play with penises
I think he needs to work on a few things first. For instance the weight of his pass, sometimes he puts so much force behind a pass not even top top players can control the ball without it knocking them off balance.

Served:lol:

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
Incoming Bertrand, to join new acquisitions Can, Lambert and Lallana. I shudder at the thought...
For a club with 80mil to spend it seems odd that they can't come up with the money to buy Moreno.

Barney

"We're going to smash them (Crystal Palace)"
Supports
Liverpool
Allen is decent, not average. Lucas is up in the air since his injury. Might be good by now, looked average coming back from injury though.

The important part for all of them is that they are all capable of performing the job asked of them in midfield. They are a very well integrated unit.

At length, we'll want higher quality in there. Henderson may be doing well, but ideally he shouldn't be able to get a starting berth.

But midfield is not a big concern for me. They delivered eminently last season.
I expect Henderson to be made vice captain and eventually captain. If he can put in a performance like Spurs away in more often (not necessarily the goal) then I see no reason to force him out of the best eleven either.

Annahnomoss

Liverpool needs to get the best out of the money they get from Suarez. They should buy two 35-40 mill players and not pull a Tottenham. Of course with Suarez gone it may prove difficult to attract these players without offering monster salaries as well.

Castia

Can, Lallana, Lambert and possibly Bertrand and Lovren while losing Suarez...after finally getting back in the top 4 they aren't half making some average signings. I mean the 3 Southampton players will probably cost them over £50m, that's a lot of money.

Orc

Pretended to be a United fan for two years
Supports
Chelsea
They'd have to sign 2-3 players that are absolutely top class in order for me to believe they'll be title contenders again. They can't attract world class players, though, so I can't see it. Think they'll be about at Tottenham's level next season finishing 5th or 6th.

redman5

In a world of my own. People know me here.
Can, Lallana, Lambert and possibly Bertrand and Lovren while losing Suarez...after finally getting back in the top 4 they aren't half making some average signings. I mean the 3 Southampton players will probably cost them over £50m, that's a lot of money.
They'll only be average signings if the side's performances are average on a regular basis. Seeing as none of them have kicked a ball for Liverpool yet, I think you're being a tad premature in writing them off just yet. They'll be playing for a very good manager who's style of football got the best out of Luis Suarez last season. I think a lot of people tend to overlook that fact.

BigDunc9

Supports
Everton
The majority of reds I speak to are worried about there dealings in the transfer market so far. I just hope they sign Lovren for 25m and Bambi on ice whose been upfront for Belgium.

johnny boy

Liverpool Fan
Supports
Liverpool
The majority of reds I speak to are worried about there dealings in the transfer market so far. I just hope they sign Lovren for 25m and Bambi on ice whose been upfront for Belgium.
I am not, I think Lallana is an excellent player who will be suited to our style of play, Lambert is a good all round footballer who gives us a more physical presence up front and quality in his link up and set plays.
For what we paid I think he is fine for us. I confess I don't know much about Can but he could be the type to add some strength to our midfield.

It's far too early to see the full picture of our squad, those who say we will struggle next season either need to wait or need to bear in mind that's what a lot said last season too.

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Allen is decent, not average. Lucas is up in the air since his injury. Might be good by now, looked average coming back from injury though.

The important part for all of them is that they are all capable of performing the job asked of them in midfield. They are a very well integrated unit.

At length, we'll want higher quality in there. Henderson may be doing well, but ideally he shouldn't be able to get a starting berth.

But midfield is not a big concern for me. They delivered eminently last season.
Think Allen is very limited Gerrard is done the best two you have is Lucas and Henderson they are water carriers. Not great IMO we are in the same boat to be fair.

Barney

Supports
Liverpool
Think Allen is very limited Gerrard is done the best two you have is Lucas and Henderson they are water carriers. Not great IMO we are in the same boat to be fair.
Lucas is not better than Gerrard or Allen. Gerrard is lightyears ahead of him and Allen is better as things stand too.

Santos J

Markovic apparently is getting closer.
Wasn't much in Portuguese press on it today other than you're still interested and that he's back in training as normal with Benfica tomorrow. Cracking signing for you though if it happens, he's inconsistent as feck at the moment but he's a great player.

ShadesOfTomato

Supports
Liverpool
Majority of reds are typical transfer whoppers.

Castia

I hear that Markovic is a great player, There's a Portuguese Benfica fan at work who always raves on about him.

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Lucas is not better than Gerrard or Allen. Gerrard is lightyears ahead of him and Allen is better as things stand too.
Think Lucas is better than Allen plus Gerrard was a better player than any them but he's had a serious loss of engine and energy.

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Apparently Markovic is joining Liverpool for 25 million euros. Chelsea didn´t use the 15 million clause. Abola is reporting the deal as breaking news

http://www.abola.pt/nnh/ver.aspx?id=487779

Good purchase for Liverpool. I thought he was Chelsea bound. He and Hazard would be a very good prospect

mata10

Lallana
Lambert
Lovern
Lazar markovic
Emre can
Origi

Anyone else?

Liverpool should just buy southampton and be done with it. These are good signings and i think all of them would have signed without champions league too. Liverpool havent bought what you would call is a champions league quality player yet. Sanchez is going to arsenal and Reports have linked Pool with huntelar who is decent but his style of play is much more lambert than say suarez (poacher vs Attacking goal scorer).

Orc

Supports
Chelsea
Lallana
Lambert
Lovern
Lazar markovic
Emre can
Origi

Anyone else?

Liverpool should just buy southampton and be done with it. These are good signings and i think all of them would have signed without champions league too. Liverpool havent bought what you would call is a champions league quality player yet. Sanchez is going to arsenal and Reports have linked Pool with huntelar who is decent but his style of play is much more lambert than say suarez (poacher vs Attacking goal scorer).
No signings that make you say "man, they're going to be hard to beat next season."

Barney

Supports
Liverpool
A left back and an established attacking player and I think we'll be done.

No signings that make you say "man, they're going to be hard to beat next season."
Only Chelsea have made any signings so far that make you think that. It's only July though.

Santos J

Markovic aside there's no real signings from them that stand out as anything special I don't think, Lovren will improve them if they get him though.

Don't see the point in them signing Bertrand if the links are genuine.

Last edited:

SonnyTheHaloPro

"Van Gaal is David Moyes +£150million"
So Liverpool fans are you stronger next season or not?

It seems Suarez is being replaced by Lallana, Markovic, Lambert, Can, Lovren and Maybe Bertrand and Origi........

ShadesOfTomato

Supports
Liverpool
Markovic sounds like a decent coup. I expect another big attacking signing to follow..

Orc

Supports
Chelsea
Just can't see any way they get a sniff of the title with these signings. A bunch of solid, decent players that would've been very good signings in addition to Suarez, but I can't see them making up for such a massive hole he's going to leave.

Had Suarez stayed another season and carried them to another CL finish and then left then I could see some top class replacement saying to themselves "yeah, it appears that Liverpool may be a side that will consistently be in the CL and if I come here I can be the last piece to the puzzle." But they can't attract that type of player now. They now have the 5th strongest squad in the league in my opinion.

redman5

So Liverpool fans are you stronger next season or not?

It seems Suarez is being replaced by Lallana, Markovic, Lambert, Can, Lovren and Maybe Bertrand and Origi........
Those players are not replacing Suarez, they're adding a bit of quality/depth to the squad, which was always the intention anyway, with, or without, Suarez. Our bench was piss-poor last season, containing the likes of Aspas & Moses. We'll hopefully have a few more 'game-changers' at our disposal next time around.

BorisDeLeFora

The more I think about it, the more it looks like they are trying to build a squad that can hopefully consolidate a place in the top 4, and aren't even thinking about winning trophies, in the short term at least.

Problem is with United and Arsenal you are expecting them to be adding world class quality to squads that on paper should have been top 4 teams.

redman5

Just can't see any way they get a sniff of the title with these signings. A bunch of solid, decent players that would've been very good signings in addition to Suarez, but I can't see them making up for such a massive hole he's going to leave.

Had Suarez stayed another season and carried them to another CL finish and then left then I could see some top class replacement saying to themselves "yeah, it appears that Liverpool may be a side that will consistently be in the CL and if I come here I can be the last piece to the puzzle." But they can't attract that type of player now. They now have the 5th strongest squad in the league in my opinion.
People said the same in 1977 when Kevin Keegan left. We won the European Cup the following year.

People said the same in 1987 when Ian Rush left. We won the title the following year.

People said the same in 2004 when Michael Owen left. We won the Champions League the following year.

The performance of our promising young manager will have a far greater bearing on what happens to us than the loss of Luis Suarez.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
The more I think about it, the more it looks like they are trying to build a squad that can hopefully consolidate a place in the top 4, and aren't even thinking about winning trophies, in the short term at least.

Problem is with United and Arsenal you are expecting them to be adding world class quality to squads that on paper should have been top 4 teams.
Yet to be seen. Once that happens we can discuss.

Orc

Supports
Chelsea
People said the same in 1977 when Kevin Keegan left. We won the European Cup the following year.

People said the same in 1987 when Ian Rush left. We won the title the following year.

People said the same in 2004 when Michael Owen left. We won the Champions League the following year.

The performance of our promising young manager will have a far greater bearing on what happens to us than the loss of Luis Suarez.
Luis Suarez directly contributed to around 45 goals and who knows how many just due to his mere presence and menace. Who could you possibly sign to make up for that? It's not like Rodgers is going to turn good players into world class ones just because you had a brilliant season last term.

Yes, he's a very good manager but he'll be going up against Pellegrini who's now had a year to settle and get used to things, Mourinho the same and with a much stronger squad, Arsenal are always there about and look to be signing Sanchez, and us who have one of the worlds best manager. All four of these sides look stronger to me.