Liverpool 2022/23

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
They've done okay the last 2 seasons without him.
He's talking about Bernardo Silva, but he's not actually left yet (heavily linked with Barca though)

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
City are putting a lot of eggs in the Haaland basket, and he's very injury prone. Losing Sterling and Silva will be big losses, and they've signed a dodgy English midfielder to replace a great.

Liverpool losing Mane will cost them plenty of points.

The door is open for us to challenge this season.
I think there is a possibility that someone else can challenge for the league. Spurs with Conte and Kane/Son might be the most likely candidates. Normally I would say Chelsea but I'm not sure they have a challenge in them. Maybe they do.

I think 85-90 points wins the league this year.

Teja

I'm sure he has a billion+ reasons.
Last season was 1 point between the sides.

City have a net spend of +45M
Liverpool have a net spend of -5M.

So by that logic you guys have 50M reasons to win the title.

Ladron de redcafe

I think there is a possibility that someone else can challenge for the league. Spurs with Conte and Kane/Son might be the most likely candidates. Normally I would say Chelsea but I'm not sure they have a challenge in them. Maybe they do.

I think 85-90 points wins the league this year.
I really don't see Spurs the consistency to get 90 points. Conte doesn't set up his teams as offensively as Guardiola and do with their respective teams, and the margin for error is narrower there because they'd be more likely to drop points when they're profligate than City and Liverpool.

Perhaps you're right, but it would require a drop-off from City and while it's happened before, I think too much has to go right for Spurs and too much has to go wrong with the top 2 for it to be anything but a repeat of the past few years.

Chief123

I know they had some chances this game but they really have gone to shit. Such a drop off from last few seasons. They have become incredibly boring to watch with the constant cross spamming which isn’t even working for them.

Every game they’ve been struggling to get through it. If it wasn’t for a 125th minute winner last game, they would have been on 1 win out of 6.

Klopps got some serious issues to sort out as the team looks miles off. Top 4 will be tough if it isn’t sorted quickly.

mu4c_20le

They look clueless. Individual brilliance couldn't bail them out.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
How come they're so naff in the first half of games?

Think they've only been clearly the best team in the first half of the Bournemouth game this year.

Robbie Boy

My oh my, they've looked absolute dog shite so far this season. Diaz is a massive downgrade on Mane.

Chief123

How come they're so naff in the first half of games?

Think they've only been clearly the best team in the first half of the Bournemouth game this year.
They’ve been naff all season. Their midfield has generally been shite but they’ve always had quality full backs and front 3. But they’ve gone to shite as well which means they’ve become Burnley. Lump it in to the big guy and hope for the best.

The bournemouth result was great as it probably gave them a false sense of security that they don’t need more players in.

Someone

Something
Salah seems really invisible this season. If he doesn't rediscover his form they're fecked. Klopp is brilliant but I don't think this is a great squad.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
They’ve been naff all season. Their midfield has generally been shite but they’ve always had quality full backs and front 3. But they’ve gone to shite as well which means they’ve become Burnley. Lump it in to the big guy and hope for the best.

The bournemouth result was great as it probably gave them a false sense of security that they don’t need more players in.
Yeah they have been crap by their own standards... But they do improve a lot in second halves of games (today /Newcastle /vs. Us etc)

ExoduS

It seems their title aspiration is already gone. They did somehow come back to the title race last year out of nowhere. This season that's unlikely.

Chief123

Yeah they have been crap by their own standards... But they do improve a lot in second halves of games (today /Newcastle /vs. Us etc)
They need to improve fast.

In their next 6 games they’ve got

Chelsea
Brighton
Arsenal
Man City

They’ll be lucky to be near the top 4 if they continue with this form.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
Salahs been very quiet. Has he scored yet this season?

largelyworried

They must be worried, that was another poor performance. I think the most worrying thing must be that they did actually put in some effort in this game, and it still didn't pay off. They look incohesive in all areas of the pitch. Salah and Van Dijk are both miles off their best and Nunez and Diaz combined still aren't up to the level Mane was at. TTA has been flat out poor.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Alisson with one half decent save and everyone’s talking about it :lol:

They’ve talked about him as much Pickford who was a beast in that game.

Chief123

They must be worried, that was another poor performance. I think the most worrying thing must be that they did actually put in some effort in this game, and it still didn't pay off. They look incohesive in all areas of the pitch. Salah and Van Dijk are both miles off their best and Nunez and Diaz combined still aren't up to the level Mane was at. TTA has been flat out poor.
From what I can see the biggest problem they have is they’ve lost that energy and intensity from central midfield. That intense pressing from the middle was key to a lot of their attacks and winning the ball up high.

The fact they’ve lost that means they are very easy to hit on the counter attack now because they will always play a very high line. As opponents are getting pressed as well, it’s easy to break with one or two passes and then you have an ocean of space to play the ball in behind their defence. We did it and every other team is doing it agains them. It’s going to keep happening all season.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
A better team would have punished their midfield today.

Irwin99

Maybe the disappointment of being two results away from the quadruple and being the 'best team ever' is starting to get to them? Obviously they have issues in midfield but mentally it must have taken a lot out of them.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Their midfield is atrocious.
Yes, I reckon without Fabinho today they probably would have lost. Elliot and Carvalho shouldn’t be an experiment to use unless you’re playing a shite team that aren’t compact like us.

Dipper

#7 Swiftie
Supports
Liverpool
Yes, I reckon without Fabinho today they probably would have lost. Elliot and Carvalho shouldn’t be an experiment to use unless you’re playing a shite team that aren’t compact like us.
Think Klopp took a chance because Henderson is injured and Milner is far too old to be starting a game like this. Obviously didn't pay off but I wanted to see it tried so can't really complain.

Think a lot of this game is on Klopp's ingame management. We shouldn't have made those double subs when we were on top of you in the second.